Annually 2020 + Free CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
leesmapman

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#316 Post by leesmapman »

oakey wrote: Sat 02 May 2020, 5:36 pm Really? Got mine last week (Netherlands too)
Got it today. PostNL mailed me the tracking number for the package they sent out the same day. Which was silly, but it did arrive in great condition. Enjoying the read.

I love these album-centric issues.

Oznerol

#317 Post by Oznerol »

MikeyC wrote: Tue 28 Apr 2020, 11:17 pm
Oznerol wrote: Tue 28 Apr 2020, 10:12 pm Completely amazed that my package arrived today, at home in Argentina..altough I paid originally for normal shipping (pre-Covid times...) they send it via DHL..so I went into the situation to pay some extra taxes and import fees, but it´s better anyway than losing an out-of-stock item in the limbo maybe forever, as the normal international shipping delivery is mostly suspended here on this days...
A nice surprice on this quarrantine times...(and I was needing one...)
Glad to hear that!! :)
Oh thanks for your comment, you're really kind. :D
This is not my signature.

BoyStrange

#318 Post by BoyStrange »

leesmapman wrote: Sat 02 May 2020, 3:05 pm - the dialogue cut from "You are the one" is from Call Me By Your Name. Originally they wanted a dialogue from Fellini's 8.5, but that didn't go through because of copyrights and the owners not wanting to do it, so they asked the people form Call Me By Your Name and they agreed. Unfortunately, that was over the deadline. That's why people here heard the version with the Call Me By Your Name samples.
I understand it the other way around: It's the Fellini-sample people have heard, because it was actually recorded and was about to be released. The CMBYN-sample was plan B, but never recorded: The permission from the sample owner came too late – after the recording deadline.

Future Lover

#319 Post by Future Lover »

Thank God, Call Me By Your Name is utter tosh, not sure why people see it as this ultimate gay romance movie.
Last edited by Future Lover on Sat 02 May 2020, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leesmapman

#320 Post by leesmapman »

Ah, so we just have to search for the right Otto e Mezzo sample to mix in the recording.

minimal

#321 Post by minimal »

Future Lover wrote: Sat 02 May 2020, 7:23 pm Thank God, Call Me By Your Name is utter tosh, not sure why people see it as this ultimate gay romance movie.
Lel. Everything about that movie, literally everything, is complete perfection.

m+

bongsteve

#322 Post by bongsteve »

Still nothing here in the US for some of us that used standard shipping. Has anyone else here received yet? Mine doesn't even show it's in the country yet...I doubt it's been on a plane for 4 days but who knows.

geowayne

#323 Post by geowayne »

NotInvisible wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 12:11 am Anyone in the States still waiting for theirs?
Yes, I'm still waiting for mine. In fact, I received an email several days ago that, if I understood it correctly, indicated that it hadn't even shipped yet. Not happy. But I guess that's what I get for not shelling out for "expedited" delivery.

mhvbear

#324 Post by mhvbear »

I am not really expecting mine for a few more days. The shipping email says 10 - 14 working days for the US. Received my copies of Literally and versus America books last Friday and that was about 3 weeks from dispatched date.

kingdom

#325 Post by kingdom »

Nothing yet here in NJ :(

Xakrij

#326 Post by Xakrij »

It seems that the OS has shipped my standard delivery pkgs to the US via PostNL. My experience with PostNL is that a parcel can sit around for up to 2 weeks before it is physically picked up. Then another 2 weeks crossing the pond before spending at least another week clearing US Customs. Then it moves through the USPS.
The OS notified me of shipment on these dates:
2 Books April 9 DELIVERED MAY 16
Annually April 16 DELIVERED MAY 23
I don't wanna April 23 DELIVERED MAY 27
I'll post back with actual dates of delivery.
Last edited by Xakrij on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Shot in the fatal cause 'of frock-and-droll'

leesmapman

#327 Post by leesmapman »

So it seems they were working on a remix of the song "Hotel Home" by Molly Nilsson, a track from 2011. Good to know they're still doing remixes, I love what they add to the original songs they remix. Shame they weren't too happy about it and didn't want it to be released. Chris seems to love the track, back in 2016 he already mentioned the song being on his phone:
https://thequietus.com/articles/19915-p ... -interview
He pulls out his phone and locates his current favourite, a song called ‘Hotel Home’ by Molly Nilsson which PSBs’ friend Joel Gibb of The Hidden Cameras introduced them to. It sounds like Nico singing ‘Wrote For Luck’. The piano’s terribly out of tune. But there’s no denying that it’s a bit special. “I’d love us to do a remix of this,” Chris says. “What’s she singing? ‘Hotel home, you’re never on your own…’ I don’t know what it means but I can relate to it.”
Hotel Home - would be nice to be a special lockdown release

retrofuturist

#328 Post by retrofuturist »

Although things from the store usually arrive here in Melbourne in a reasonable time, I seem somewhat cursed when it comes to Annually. Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!

Andie

#329 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote: Fri 08 May 2020, 6:55 am Although things from the store usually arrive here in Melbourne in a reasonable time, I seem somewhat cursed when it comes to Annually. Fingers crossed for all of us still waiting!
I'm still waiting, Retro!! Hopefully it won't be long now!!
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

df118junkie

#330 Post by df118junkie »

My regular order still hasn’t arrived in California. Pretty bad since other stuff from the UK and Europe have made it here within two weeks.

As a test, three days ago I ordered a copy via courier. It arrived today. Expensive, but at least I’ve secured a copy.