"Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
tottenhammattspurs

Re: "Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

#181 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

What's the point of these "bookplate" editions? What makes them more collectible than the usual signed copies?
is is and isnt isnt

zukunft

Re: "Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

#182 Post by zukunft »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 17 Dec 2020, 11:30 am What's the point of these "bookplate" editions? What makes them more collectible than the usual signed copies?
They are pointless, but they are limited, specially designed (don't ask me!), handsigned and therefore collectible. I don't think that they are more collectible than the usual signed books.
Now I've got the reissues three times: the signed copies, the limited edition slip case und these two copies with bookplates.

Future Lover

#183 Post by Future Lover »

I feel like they couldn't make it to a signing location to physically sign the books, so they simply signed a massive amount of these cards, which were then pasted into the books. Nothing more than a pragmatic solution.