4th single off Hotspot - I Don't Wanna

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
stopthecar

Re: 4th single off Hotspot - I Don't Wanna

#181 Post by stopthecar »

,??? what's the difference between the sales chart and the official chart?

E-Mail Vampire

#182 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Sales chart doesn’t include streaming. The official chart includes streaming data.

Janet Street-Porter

#183 Post by Janet Street-Porter »

I thought it was ineligIble as it's an EP.

E-Mail Vampire

#184 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

Janet Street-Porter wrote: Sat 02 May 2020, 9:59 am I thought it was ineligIble as it's an EP.

Nope it definitely “charted” in the mentioned charts. Check officialcharts.com for U.K. data

kingdom

#185 Post by kingdom »

Anyone have any insight as to whether PSB store will be getting any more IDW CD singles? My order got cancelled because my bank thought the charge was fraudulent. Official Store would not let me re-instate my order & now it's sold out :wall:

TwizzleUK

#186 Post by TwizzleUK »

kingdom wrote: Tue 05 May 2020, 8:08 pm Anyone have any insight as to whether PSB store will be getting any more IDW CD singles? My order got cancelled because my bank thought the charge was fraudulent. Official Store would not let me re-instate my order & now it's sold out :wall:
Don't know if you're in the UK, but Amazon UK still have it in stock. Guess other stores may too.

Future Lover

#187 Post by Future Lover »

My advice is to always use Paypal for the official store. You will be charged immediately, but at least you won't have to worry about this situation happening at the very last minute.

kingdom

#188 Post by kingdom »

Thanks. Will def use PP next time.

Gabby

#189 Post by Gabby »

In response to the reopening efforts across the world PSB should do a remix EP called "I (still) don't wanna"

It should have remixes of the Hotspot B Sides and a new extended PSB mix of I Don't Wanna.

Imagine...new remixes of Decide and An Open Mind could thematically sit quite nicely.

TeCHno PoP

#190 Post by TeCHno PoP »

CD arrived from OS!

TeCHno PoP

#191 Post by TeCHno PoP »

But the packaging is ridiculous at the OS store. They put the CD in a plain envelope without any padding. It's a real miracle that the CD case didn't bend.

Drem

#192 Post by Drem »

Quite suprised with overall quality of the single. While song is hardly my favouritest track from "Hotspot", b-side is ace and mixes, while there aren't many of them, all solid. Artwork is lazy, eh? And complete identity of CDS and 12" tracklists spoils whole thing a bit, but not critically.

I know it's was announced somewhere that "I don't wanna" is final single from this album but maybe they will change their minds near release of 2021's edition of "Annually"...
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

PSBForTheMasses

#193 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

I am very sad that I could get neither Hotspot nor CD singles because after Corona outbreak, Amazon's international shipping costs became ridiculously high (there is only one option and it is the costliest one) and just one CD costs one-fourth of minimum wage, given the fact that £ is highly appreciated against TL. Hopefully there will remain some more in stocks by the time this is over and things get bacm to normal, and until then, let's thank God for Youtube.

This is the first time in my fandom that I could not get a PSB release as soon as it hit the shelves and it is a yawning and sad gap in the collection.

leesmapman

#194 Post by leesmapman »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Wed 20 May 2020, 10:44 pm I am very sad that I could get neither Hotspot nor CD singles because after Corona outbreak, Amazon's international shipping costs became ridiculously high (there is only one option and it is the costliest one) and just one CD costs one-fourth of minimum wage, given the fact that £ is highly appreciated against TL. Hopefully there will remain some more in stocks by the time this is over and things get bacm to normal, and until then, let's thank God for Youtube.

This is the first time in my fandom that I could not get a PSB release as soon as it hit the shelves and it is a yawning and sad gap in the collection.
I ordered them from my local record store. And my experience is that that is faster than ordering online