"New Boy", the B-side of the fourth single (a song from the Imperial Phase)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
MrTennant

#1 Post by MrTennant » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 12:40 pm

Their new B side song is called "New Boy". It’s the b-side of the fourth single.

Future Lover

Re: "New Boy", the B-side of the fourth single (a song from the Imperial Phase)

#2 Post by Future Lover » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 12:55 pm

I guess losing your first account wasn't a good enough sign... most probably from God, since the moderators are obviously terrible.

E-Mail Vampire

#3 Post by E-Mail Vampire » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 1:13 pm

Seems to be true

What’s on those early cassettes? Things we’ve never heard or different versions of songs we know?
Both. Something no one has ever heard is the first version of West End Girls with different music. it’s more punky, at the end I start shouting ‘Sometimes you’re better off dead’. It’s probably too embarrassing to release. One or two years ago I was listening to the cassette demos and I’ve always liked this song we wrote on at the time we wrote Rent. It’s called New Boy. I was at Smash Hits at the time. It’s about two girls on the phone in some suburban area, they see a new boy in town and are talking about him. It’s got a very strong melody, I’ve always remembered it. Anyway Chris and I finally finished it off after however many years and it’s the b-side of the next single. It was actually written the same day as Rent.

Future Lover

#4 Post by Future Lover » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm

No, I know it's true, but it wasn't worthy of it's own thread, since there's going to be a fourth single thread, and this interview was already posted separately. Everyone has a link to read this on their own. This is just some... nasty need to be an annoyance.

MrTennant

#5 Post by MrTennant » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 1:57 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Thu 06 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm
No, I know it's true, but it wasn't worthy of it's own thread, since there's going to be a fourth single thread, and this interview was already posted separately. Everyone has a link to read this on their own. This is just some... nasty need to be an annoyance.

#1 Post by MrTennant » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 12:40 pm

4th single off Hotspot

#1 Post by michael888 » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 1:44 pm

E-Mail Vampire

#6 Post by E-Mail Vampire » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 2:02 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Thu 06 Feb 2020, 1:16 pm

Ah ok sorry. I saw this thread before the other and thought there was a query to the authenticity of the information.

Greendrake

#7 Post by Greendrake » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 3:55 am

This b-side deserves its own thread instead of having to be accommodated in the thread about the single it is released on.

The story of it resembles the one of One-hit wonder (which was as well written back in early 80s, then dug out in 2014 I think amidst preparations for the Reissues, and finally released as a b-side in 2016).

Pretty much excited to hear this another dug out gem soon, especially that Neil says "It’s got a very strong melody, I’ve always remembered it.". :dance:
Only the duck can show you the stars!

Future Lover

#8 Post by Future Lover » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 7:20 am

Well, birds of an annoying feather and all that...