It Couldn’t Happen Here June 2020 Release Confirmed

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

Re: It Couldn’t Happen Here June 2020 Release Confirmed

#286 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Boring90 wrote:
Sat 04 Jul 2020, 11:36 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote:
Sat 04 Jul 2020, 10:24 pm
Oh, dear! I wished I had seen what state my DVD version of the film was in. :( The Blu ray has a funny skip to it but I got over it. The book has dents in the bottom of it and the book has a sticky mark in it that I cannot get rid of. Now the DVD version I watched tonight skips. I took it out of my DVD player and it looked like a sticky mess was on it. I cleaned it with my special DVD cleaner. It would not come off. It is scratched to bits. I am so unhappy about it and annoyed I didn't check them much sooner. I have never seen a DVD in such bad condition I have complained but, it won't do much as last I heard they have sold out. :( :down: :grumble:
Buy the re-release from Amazon. When it arrives, return it for a refund. Keep the new discs and the old packaging.

You will now have new discs and the old deluxe packaging.
Thank you very much Boring90! :D :up:

IRONFLAME.de

#287 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

Pre-Ordered this first from Base.com on 16-May-20
ORDER CANCELLED ("we have been severely let down by the studio who had assigned us stock") on 18-June-20

Ordered again from SimplyHE.com on 21-June-20
ORDER CANCELLED ("we are unable to supply this order any more") on 30-June-20

I wonder how UK businesses obviously are allowed to list items as "IN STOCK" when they clearly aren't.
In Germany Consumer protection rights enforced by Consumer advice centres and their lawyers have stopped those unfair practices years ago...
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

One of the crowd

#288 Post by One of the crowd »

IRONFLAME.de wrote:
Sun 05 Jul 2020, 7:53 pm
ORDER CANCELLED ("we have been severely let down by the studio who had assigned us stock") on 18-June-20

Ordered again from SimplyHE.com on 21-June-20
ORDER CANCELLED ("we are unable to supply this order any more") on 30-June-20

I wonder how UK businesses obviously are allowed to list items as "IN STOCK" when they clearly aren't.
In Germany Consumer protection rights enforced by Consumer advice centres and their lawyers have stopped those unfair practices years ago...
I ordered from base.com on 5th June and received the item on 13th June
Fishing

Greendrake

#289 Post by Greendrake »

IRONFLAME.de wrote:
Sun 05 Jul 2020, 7:53 pm
That's weird bad luck. I ordered from them on 19 May and they shipped on 11 June.

trafaelwyr

#290 Post by trafaelwyr »

The one I ordered from Amazon.co.uk back in February finally showed up today, so I'm quite happy now.

euroboy

PRE-ORDER It Couldn't Happen Here (Limited Dual Format Edition)

#291 Post by euroboy »

I wanted to ask you if you have already received the order from BFI. At the time I did the pre-purchase but currently it has not come to me yet.

I sent them an email asking and this was the answer

"Your order was shipped on the 11th June. It was not sent tracked.

We are aware that some overseas parcels are taking up to 6 weeks to arrive depending on their destination. This is due to circumstances unique to the pandemic in different countries, which are affecting postal services, customs and air freight. We appreciate the frustration caused by this but unfortunately there is nothing we can do to speed up this process, apart from ask for your patience.

If you have still not received your order by the end of July please let us know."

JSDOUVRES

Re: PRE-ORDER It Couldn't Happen Here (Limited Dual Format Edition)

#292 Post by JSDOUVRES »

euroboy wrote:
Mon 13 Jul 2020, 11:15 am
I wanted to ask you if you have already received the order from BFI. At the time I did the pre-purchase but currently it has not come to me yet.

I sent them an email asking and this was the answer

"Your order was shipped on the 11th June. It was not sent tracked.

We are aware that some overseas parcels are taking up to 6 weeks to arrive depending on their destination. This is due to circumstances unique to the pandemic in different countries, which are affecting postal services, customs and air freight. We appreciate the frustration caused by this but unfortunately there is nothing we can do to speed up this process, apart from ask for your patience.

If you have still not received your order by the end of July please let us know."
Never received mine either from them! Gutted as it's now sold out. Not the end of the world and I'll get the standard-issue but frustrating nevertheless. Hoping it might turn up out of the blue one of these days!

tottenhammattspurs

#293 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/V ... ?locale=en

Interestingly the car they drive around in was registered as new in October 1987. So not a 1953 Zepher then!
90CDBC11-90A0-425E-A620-37BAA44B58F9.png
90CDBC11-90A0-425E-A620-37BAA44B58F9.png (603.09 KiB) Viewed 976 times
is is and isnt isnt

Paulo

#294 Post by Paulo »

euroboy wrote:
I wanted to ask you if you have already received the order from BFI.
I received my copy last Friday. I'm in Australia and most things from the UK are taking 3 to 4 weeks to arrive at the moment.

I just checked my shipping notification. 12th June so, yep, about 4 weeks.

retrofuturist

#295 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Very strangely... Zaavi suddenly think they've dispatched the pre-order of the original deluxe version they were initially unable to fulfil.

Unsure exactly what's going on here...

Retro. :)

Spittingcat

#296 Post by Spittingcat »

So not a 1953 Zepher then!
May have been restored from “off the road” condition and re-registered.

euroboy

#297 Post by euroboy »

Paulo wrote:
Mon 13 Jul 2020, 11:43 pm
euroboy wrote:
I wanted to ask you if you have already received the order from BFI.
I received my copy last Friday. I'm in Australia and most things from the UK are taking 3 to 4 weeks to arrive at the moment.

I just checked my shipping notification. 12th June so, yep, about 4 weeks.
Thank you. I hope then that it will still reach me. They're supposed to have shipped it a day before yours. The bad thing is that if it does not reach me I do not know where to buy it because I imagine it will be exhausted everywhere. What angers me the most is that I made the pre-purchase to ensure my copy and now I am in this situation.

IRONFLAME.de

#298 Post by IRONFLAME.de »

(I wish I wouldn't have been refunded by both vendors so there'd be a slight chance for a late shipment for me too. I'll pass on the regular version thanks. Today's prices I think are (if) only justified when releases come in nice deluxe packaging with useful extras (booklets, bonus discs, etc.). Regular Amaray cases (two bits of plastic with some paper added) hardly justify paying 25€...)
IRONFLAME.de
gute musik + tendenziöse meinungen

ssss1

#299 Post by ssss1 »

Warning: may contain spoilers if you've not seen the film.
So, when the first edition was announced I pre-ordered it and received it ok. I kept it sealed with the intention of buying a second copy. I never imagined it would sell out (I wonder if a lot of other BFI releases sell out quickly). So I ordered the standard edition and it turned up a few days ago and I watched it last night.
I have to say it was a lot better than I remember (my white cover VHS copy long stored away with other PSB vids).
There were many scenes I'd completely forgotten about (like the explosions near the end, the naked women on the beach, the vandals smashing up the phone box before Neil uses it, etc.)
There were also scenes that seemed shorter than I remembered (like when young Neil and Chris are using the olde seafront movie projector and the cafe scene which I always thought had more dummy dialogue).
The scene with "only a laugh, no 'arm done" still annoyed me slightly as it did back in the day and I found myself telling him to "shut up" along with Babs.
I was really impressed by the picture quality (wasn't always perfect especially during dark scenes) and also the sound was really good too.
To the extras, the interview with Jack Bond was a little uncomfortable to watch with him talking about his tough childhood. The Arlene Phillips interview surprised me with how passionately she talked about how she started out and eventually came to work on the film. The trailer was longer than I thought it would be (which is a good thing). Still need to check out the commentary, galleries and script material.
Shame there was no PSB commentary (obviously), outtakes or cut scenes included (if any existed of course).
Would've also been nice if they'd included a soundtrack CD (even though all the songs can be found elsewhere, I know).
Overall though I really enjoyed watching it again. I always thought the end was perfect for a sequel with them walking away with the zeroes on their backs (they could emerge from a door into daylight dressed the same, only 32 (or so) later and start a new surreal adventure. Hey, I'm allowed to dream.

euroboy

#300 Post by euroboy »

Hello, those who have made it the pre-purchase on the BFI website how much has come to you?. How long it took you to get there. I'm in Spain and it hasn't arrived yet. According to the BFI website it may take up to 6 weeks.