US TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
psbfannyc

Re: US TOUR

#91 Post by psbfannyc » Wed 13 May 2020, 3:28 pm

https://twitter.com/neworder/status/1260570515007311879

"New Order and
@petshopboys
unfortunately have to announce that our much-anticipated Unity Tour of North America, scheduled to start September 2020, will be moving to next year. We are rescheduling the tour to commence September 2021 and will announce the new dates shortly. Tickets for the original dates will remain valid for the new dates but refunds will be available if required in due course. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you in 2021."

psbfannyc

#92 Post by psbfannyc » Wed 13 May 2020, 3:30 pm

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/news/2020 ... escheduled

"New Order and Pet Shop Boys unfortunately have to announce that our much-anticipated Unity Tour of North America, scheduled to start September 2020, will be moving to next year. We are rescheduling the tour to commence September 2021 and will announce the new dates shortly. Tickets for the original dates will remain valid for the new dates, but refunds will be available, if required, in due course. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you in 2021."

boyjohn

#93 Post by boyjohn » Wed 13 May 2020, 8:18 pm

That sucks but it was expected. I hope they spend this year writing some great stuff and maybe surprising people with a couple new songs here and there.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

RyaB

#94 Post by RyaB » Wed 13 May 2020, 10:43 pm

<phew>
Last edited by RyaB on Thu 14 May 2020, 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Young Offender

#95 Post by Young Offender » Thu 14 May 2020, 5:48 am

Got the below email from Ticketmaster earlier today, Not sure if i want to wait a year and a half for a concert, the ticket was pricey and as of now no refund or cancellation of my purchase.

Hi,

The event organizer still plans to hold this event, and we’re currently working with them to establish a new date.

New Order & Pet Shop Boys - The Unity Tour
Hollywood Bowl

Hang on to your tickets — we’ll email you as soon as the new date is announced.

Please Note: Your event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Given the unprecedented circumstances, event organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds. You can always check your Ticketmaster Account later, as this status may change. Just go to your order to see if a refund link appears, which would indicate that the event organizer has made your order eligible for a refund.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

-Ticketmaster Fan Support

Gabby

#96 Post by Gabby » Thu 14 May 2020, 2:42 pm

Happy to see this is to be rescheduled.

Was a little nervous there for a while that it might still go ahead and wasnt fussy about having to make a choice to go or not.

This leaves a good possibility for this to all be a distant memory and the good times to be back.

bongsteve

#97 Post by bongsteve » Thu 14 May 2020, 6:17 pm

Young Offender wrote:
Thu 14 May 2020, 5:48 am
Got the below email from Ticketmaster earlier today, Not sure if i want to wait a year and a half for a concert, the ticket was pricey and as of now no refund or cancellation of my purchase.

Hi,

The event organizer still plans to hold this event, and we’re currently working with them to establish a new date.

New Order & Pet Shop Boys - The Unity Tour
Hollywood Bowl

Hang on to your tickets — we’ll email you as soon as the new date is announced.

Please Note: Your event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Given the unprecedented circumstances, event organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds. You can always check your Ticketmaster Account later, as this status may change. Just go to your order to see if a refund link appears, which would indicate that the event organizer has made your order eligible for a refund.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

-Ticketmaster Fan Support
I got the same note for both the Bowl and Frisco shows. Not that I want to go through buying tix again so we'll hold on to ours but just a bit different than what was communicated out regarding refunds. I know some folks have been complaining via various social media formats.

bongsteve

#98 Post by bongsteve » Thu 14 May 2020, 6:18 pm

Gabby wrote:
Thu 14 May 2020, 2:42 pm
Happy to see this is to be rescheduled.

Was a little nervous there for a while that it might still go ahead and wasnt fussy about having to make a choice to go or not.

This leaves a good possibility for this to all be a distant memory and the good times to be back.
Unfortunately, I'm out $200+ for half my Airbnb rental in San Francisco now. This concert suddenly got a lot more expensive :lol:

daveid

#99 Post by daveid » Fri 15 May 2020, 2:28 am

The effects of this virus and the response to it will have profound and unpredictable consequences for years to come. It wouldn't surprise me if these tours don't happen even next year. The world is going to be a very different place from now on. And this pandemic is only an entree

Young Offender

#100 Post by Young Offender » Fri 15 May 2020, 5:15 am

daveid wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020, 2:28 am
The effects of this virus and the response to it will have profound and unpredictable consequences for years to come. It wouldn't surprise me if these tours don't happen even next year. The world is going to be a very different place from now on. And this pandemic is only an entree
I agree, i dont see any large gatherings until we have a vaccine.

trafaelwyr

#101 Post by trafaelwyr » Fri 15 May 2020, 1:15 pm

Did you all see this coming? It was quite obvious and then all of a sudden, they announced the cancellation after some weeks of speculating. At least they're going to try and do the same venues so people can hold on to their tickets.

bongsteve

#102 Post by bongsteve » Fri 15 May 2020, 4:10 pm

trafaelwyr wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020, 1:15 pm
Did you all see this coming? It was quite obvious and then all of a sudden, they announced the cancellation after some weeks of speculating. At least they're going to try and do the same venues so people can hold on to their tickets.
Yep, pretty sure most of us knew this was going to happen...just a bit surprised it took so long to announce but I'm sure they were working out the 2021 details behind the scenes.

rashomon

US TOUR

#103 Post by rashomon » Fri 15 May 2020, 7:07 pm

Well compared to some artists I think they did a good job of getting this announcement out as quickly as they did. Especially as there are two bands here at work. Pretty sure they will have already secured the dates and venues for the 2021 shows but ironing out details

Some acts like Harry Styles and Janet Jackson are still shown to playing MSG in July (though they actually won’t)

So all things considered it’s good to have the postponement news now
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

telys

#104 Post by telys » Fri 15 May 2020, 9:07 pm

Hey, what if PSB bring Johnny Marr with them on stage...
----
You've got me all wrong

Marie loves PSB

#105 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sun 17 May 2020, 12:03 pm

Young Offender wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020, 5:15 am
daveid wrote:
Fri 15 May 2020, 2:28 am
I agree, i dont see any large gatherings until we have a vaccine.
I agree with you both too! I would be very wary of mixing too much with no vaccine. It also would not surprise me if this tour is cancelled as well as PSB's Dreamworld (sorry, all).