Official store Hotspot signed prints damage

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Cdrodkey

Re: Official store Hotspot signed prints damage

#46 Post by Cdrodkey » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 4:44 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu 06 Feb 2020, 2:58 am
Greetings,
Cdrodkey wrote:
Thu 06 Feb 2020, 12:45 am
I finally got my 2xCD in the mail today but no signed print? I guess I have to email them? Or is it to be mailed separately?
I'd get onto them straight away if I was you.

Retro. :)
Done. Thanks.

jyllinge

#47 Post by jyllinge » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 7:55 pm

madsnielsen wrote:
Wed 05 Feb 2020, 10:22 pm
My two orders (one sent with courier option and one sent with standard delivery option) still haven't showed up in Denmark yet. Unbelievable. :grumble:
Same here - I even asked for courier and today was told they forgot...I NEVER got the annually book+CD. So much for UK/DK efficiency. Im starting to think Postnord are selling the orders on ebay to reduce the huge deficit they are running.

I am :grumble: :grumble: :twisted: :twisted: :wall: :wall:

madsnielsen

#48 Post by madsnielsen » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 11:02 pm

jyllinge wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 7:55 pm
madsnielsen wrote:
Wed 05 Feb 2020, 10:22 pm
My two orders (one sent with courier option and one sent with standard delivery option) still haven't showed up in Denmark yet. Unbelievable. :grumble:
Same here - I even asked for courier and today was told they forgot...I NEVER got the annually book+CD. So much for UK/DK efficiency. Im starting to think Postnord are selling the orders on ebay to reduce the huge deficit they are running.

I am :grumble: :grumble: :twisted: :twisted: :wall: :wall:
I received both orders today so maybe there is still hope for you. I was very surprised to see how well packaged it was. Both jewel cases were intact but one of the signed prints had a damaged corner.

I contacted Digital Stores two days ago to ask for the tracking number and they replied today and apologised that they had shipped both my orders using standard mail. They promised that I will get a refund for the postage cost in the coming days.

This is actually the second time I chose the courier option and the second time they fail to send it using that option. As I was ordering two versions of Hotspot I figured that my best chance of getting two signed prints would be to make two separate orders. Even though they previously failed to send me my order using the courier option I paid for I decided to try it again. In part because I was interested to see how big a difference in waiting time it would be and how safely it would arrive and in part because I was interested to see if they would fail again.

It frustrates me that I’m not able to order anything from Digital Stores without waiting weeks for it to show up and when it finally does the product inside more often than not is broken, bent or got pressure marks. The only reason I still use Digital Stores is because they got exclusive products and bonuses.

Last year’s Annually plus Agenda CD took several weeks to arrived so a few days before it actually showed up I panicked and bought an overpriced copy on eBay just to be sure I wouldn’t miss it. If you haven’t got Annually 2019 + Agenda and would like to buy my sealed spare copy please let me know in a PM.
Mads Nielsen
If people say I'm crazy, I tell 'em that it's true

Greendrake

#49 Post by Greendrake » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 1:47 am

I am still awaiting my 2x Deluxe CDs (with 2x signed prints). Sent by regular mail. Without any LPs to protect the prints. To the most remote destination in the world from the source (rural south New Zealand). Will I have any moral right to demand replacements? :mrgreen:
Future Lover wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 3:17 pm
Doesn't everyone have a bunch of CDs they don't want anymore? Just get one of them, if their jewel case is fine, and exchange the artwork. I've done that a bazillion times.
Collector-wise, that's a horrible thing to do. If you later sell those CDs I would be sorry for the buyers.
Jewel cases slightly differ in design and features, place of manufacture, quality and materials used. These differences are often hardly noticeable, but sometimes they are a big deal (like the original Bilingual release on CD). For serious collectors, a jewel case is an inseparable part of the item. I keep all broken ones — better broken than fake.
Only the duck can show you the stars!

Future Lover

#50 Post by Future Lover » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 8:03 am

Well... I can only hope most people aren't that anal. And obviously Biligual is different, you didn't exactly blow anyone's mind there. If it's a completely indistinguishable piece of plastic, who cares? It's just a small hack, and I think a business doing refunds for every cracked jewel case would quickly go bankrupt.

Sage

#51 Post by Sage » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 1:05 pm

Not really relevant at all to the thread here, but I want to rant.
Look at my Dreamland singles from Musik Express I got today.

Folded in the corner, the rare and perfect sleeve damaged!
The package it was in is damaged too, Australia Post had to re-package it in another bag because it was so bad, take a look.
Pretty gross! Who knows what it's been through, it's torn and has this grime all over it.

I'm losing my faith in physical media.
Practically all of my items come damaged, meanwhile digital media has the exact same ones and zeros when it was delivered as when I receive it, and will be the same decades from now. (As long as someone keeps a copy)

Marie loves PSB

#52 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 2:37 pm

Sage wrote:
Sat 08 Feb 2020, 1:05 pm
Not really relevant at all to the thread here, but I want to rant.
Look at my Dreamland singles from Musik Express I got today.

Folded in the corner, the rare and perfect sleeve damaged!
The package it was in is damaged too, Australia Post had to re-package it in another bag because it was so bad, take a look.
Pretty gross! Who knows what it's been through, it's torn and has this grime all over it.

I'm losing my faith in physical media.
Practically all of my items come damaged, meanwhile digital media has the exact same ones and zeros when it was delivered as when I receive it, and will be the same decades from now. (As long as someone keeps a copy)
Sorry, to see this Sage. :( Can you e-mail them with these photographs? I am too losing my faith in physical media. I was "supposed" to have received my Monkey Business Cd yesterday but the courier cancelled as he was busy! lol... :down: (I am glad I went out).

Greendrake

#53 Post by Greendrake » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 2:28 am

Yay! Miracles happen. The CDs arrived immaculate. The prints have got slight bends on the left but I guess this is not a deal big enough to demand replacements:
IMG_20200211_114730.jpg
IMG_20200211_114730.jpg (188.33 KiB) Viewed 411 times
IMG_20200211_115642.jpg
IMG_20200211_115642.jpg (155.21 KiB) Viewed 411 times

Cdrodkey

#54 Post by Cdrodkey » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 3:38 am

So, apparently when they said it would be included with orders through Christmas Eve, they meant only a limited number would actually be sent on a first come, first serve basis, and I was after the cut off of whatever the magic number was, even though they were still advertising the offer at this point.

Not going to argue it, won't order direct again.

Greendrake

#55 Post by Greendrake » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 3:50 am

Cdrodkey wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020, 3:38 am
I was after the cut off of whatever the magic number was, even though they were still advertising the offer at this point.
Did your order itemise signed prints?
If it did and they did not arrive you 100% can demand them.
If it did not then it was (should have been) obvious to you at the time of ordering that no prints will arrive.

Future Lover

#56 Post by Future Lover » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 7:33 am

It should state in the order if the signed print is included, unless you ordered before they even announced them. They stopped including them after Dec 17, which was posted on all of their official channels and on this forum.

TallThinMan

#57 Post by TallThinMan » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 2:07 pm

I finally got my double CD today, albeit a replacement one that I had to ask for.

jyllinge

#58 Post by jyllinge » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 10:57 pm

Got mine today in Denmark....same shipping time as New Zealand....go figure 😳😳

Marie loves PSB

#59 Post by Marie loves PSB » Wed 12 Feb 2020, 4:06 pm

TallThinMan wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020, 2:07 pm
I finally got my double CD today, albeit a replacement one that I had to ask for.
Good! :up:

Marie loves PSB

#60 Post by Marie loves PSB » Wed 12 Feb 2020, 4:09 pm

Greendrake wrote:
Tue 11 Feb 2020, 2:28 am
Yay! Miracles happen. The CDs arrived immaculate. The prints have got slight bends on the left but I guess this is not a deal big enough to demand replacements:

IMG_20200211_114730.jpg

IMG_20200211_115642.jpg
Glad you received your items Greendrake. :D My photographs are bent at the top. So, I have framed one - you cannot see the bend anymore and the other photograph is actually hidden behind my signed one in the frame - 1 to hopefully get rid of the bend and 2 it is in a safe place lol...