funko Pops

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
Gabby
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#31 Post by Gabby »

I wonder if they could pull off the Actually tux versions? They wouldn't need to differentiate the bodies then but the issue there is the Neil figure would need a mouth for the yawn. Without that it'd be an epic fail.

Personally, I think the Go West outfits would be the most visually appealing and work very well with the concept of a Funko figure. However, I do rather like the Suburbia Chris concept in an earlier post.

I read an interesting article (from 2016) but it actually makes some valid points about why the Funko figures are a bit of a waste of time, money and space.

https://houseofgeekery.com/2016/05/31/w ... collector/

Whilst I don't disagree, I think if you're a casual buyer who wants to add to an existing collection of items (ie Pet Shop Boys stuff) then I think that's fine, but don't have any delusions that these will be worth something one day.

For my part, I will buy these if I possibly can.

NotInvisible
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:58 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#32 Post by NotInvisible »

Gabby wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020, 2:10 pmI read an interesting article (from 2016) but it actually makes some valid points about why the Funko figures are a bit of a waste of time, money and space.

https://houseofgeekery.com/2016/05/31/w ... collector/
You can tell that article was written in 2016 because four years later it turns out that a surprisingly large number of Funko Pops are worth literally hundreds of dollars and a few have sold for thousands. Anything with a cult following shoots up in price after they leave stores - try buying a complete set of Clone Wars, Twin Peaks, Roger Rabbit or Big Trouble in Little China for retail.

My guess is PSB will undersell expectations so they won't be worth too much down the line. Whereas the Morrissey Pop will go up in price - it's a great fit for the target audience.

I'm willing to bet they will be the Go West outfits. The two most iconic choices are Can You Forgive Her? or the Actually cover, but the former won't fit in the box due to the cones and the latter won't work because Pops don't have mouths. I can see an argument for Suburbia but there's no equivalent iconic '80s look for Neil aside from the yawn, so that's probably out. Which leaves Go West as the most obvious choice - and the one most likely to appeal to Pop buyers who aren't familiar with the Boys.

Nickname
Posts: 6299
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#33 Post by Nickname »

My favourite series has its own funko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbihzCqaJoM

User avatar
greenmile
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:49 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#34 Post by greenmile »

Nickname wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020, 10:49 pm My favourite series has its own funko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbihzCqaJoM
Oh dear, I really shouldn't have clicked on that link.

Nickname
Posts: 6299
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#35 Post by Nickname »

greenmile wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020, 3:07 pm
Nickname wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020, 10:49 pm My favourite series has its own funko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbihzCqaJoM
Oh dear, I really shouldn't have clicked on that link.
I don't understand why, maybe someone can explain what's wrong with this series.

:shock:

User avatar
greenmile
Posts: 710
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:49 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#36 Post by greenmile »

Nickname wrote: Mon 13 Jul 2020, 9:01 am
greenmile wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020, 3:07 pm
Nickname wrote: Fri 10 Jul 2020, 10:49 pm My favourite series has its own funko:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbihzCqaJoM
Oh dear, I really shouldn't have clicked on that link.
I don't understand why, maybe someone can explain what's wrong with this series.

:shock:
Sorry, I meant it as in, i shouldn't have clicked that link because now I must own all of them! Love Money Heist, best show I watched over the pandemic.

Nickname
Posts: 6299
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:52 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#37 Post by Nickname »

greenmile wrote: Mon 13 Jul 2020, 5:51 pm
Nickname wrote: Mon 13 Jul 2020, 9:01 am
greenmile wrote: Sun 12 Jul 2020, 3:07 pm
Oh dear, I really shouldn't have clicked on that link.
I don't understand why, maybe someone can explain what's wrong with this series.

:shock:
Sorry, I meant it as in, i shouldn't have clicked that link because now I must own all of them! Love Money Heist, best show I watched over the pandemic.
Yes, it is. I'm a big fan.

User avatar
Oznerol
Posts: 2167
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 6:31 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#38 Post by Oznerol »

Funko Theme:
Pet Shop Boys FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Chris Lowe UPC: 889698412087 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41208 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020
FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Neil Tennant UPC: 889698412070 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41207 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020

...it seems that it`ll be a real thing on mid November! ;)
Last edited by Oznerol on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not my signature.

User avatar
canveyboy
Posts: 1022
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:38 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#39 Post by canveyboy »

Oznerol wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020, 4:52 am Funko Theme:
Pet Shop Boys FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Chris Lowe UPC: 889698412087 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41208 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020
FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Neil Tennant UPC: 889698412070 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41207 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020

...it seems that it`ll be a real thing in mid November! ;)
The links don’t work - they’re just prompting me to phone someone? 🤔
Its taken me all of my life to find you

User avatar
Sage
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:08 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#40 Post by Sage »

canveyboy wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020, 9:40 am
Oznerol wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020, 4:52 am Funko Theme:
Pet Shop Boys FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Chris Lowe UPC: 889698412087 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41208 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020
FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Neil Tennant UPC: 889698412070 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41207 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020

...it seems that it`ll be a real thing in mid November! ;)
The links don’t work - they’re just prompting me to phone someone? 🤔
Are you kidding??? You think that's a website???
I know not everyone is a tech wizard, but come on.

User avatar
leesmapman
Posts: 1863
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#41 Post by leesmapman »

Sage wrote:
canveyboy wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020, 9:40 am
Oznerol wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020, 4:52 am Funko Theme:
Pet Shop Boys FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Chris Lowe UPC: 889698412087 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41208 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020
FUNKO POP! ROCKS:
Pet Shop Boys-Neil Tennant UPC: 889698412070 PRODUCT ID: FUKO41207 Weight: .25 lb Release Date: 11/15/2020

...it seems that it`ll be a real thing in mid November! ;)
The links don’t work - they’re just prompting me to phone someone? Image
Are you kidding??? You think that's a website???
I know not everyone is a tech wizard, but come on.
Tapatalk makes hyperlinks of some of these numbers, I noticed

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Paulo
Posts: 1238
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 3:46 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#42 Post by Paulo »

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see what they look like.

User avatar
S-sense
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu 08 Jun 2006, 3:10 pm
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#43 Post by S-sense »

I hope they decided for the actually-look.
But of ourse they will do go west...

User avatar
Oznerol
Posts: 2167
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 6:31 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#44 Post by Oznerol »

S-sense wrote: Sat 15 Aug 2020, 7:34 am I hope they decided for the actually-look.
But of ourse they will do go west...
I think we´ll be all very surprised if they don´t do the Go West design!
Elton and Freddie Mercury got multiple designs... and for PSB that must have been a logic option too, according to the varied different iconic images they had all over the years...but I don´t believe the Funko people would think that they´re popular enough to do that move...
This is not my signature.

User avatar
james23_uk
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sat 08 Feb 2003, 3:19 am
Contact:

Re: funko Pops

#45 Post by james23_uk »

Not what we were expecting!
Screenshot_20200925-102540_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200925-102540_Facebook.jpg (232.9 KiB) Viewed 499 times
at rock bottom :wall:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 33 guests