Hotspot reviews

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Roundhead General

Re: Hotspot reviews

#316 Post by Roundhead General »

boyjohn wrote:I noticed that it said (the article, not them) that they might play some songs from Hotspot on the tour. I really hope so, a 4-5 song detour from the hits at a point in the show to show off the new songs would be good. Be a shame to put out such a great album and then not play it live. Great article and interview, they always come alive a bit with interviewers that know their history and aren't just asking the obvious stuff.
They said when they were interviewed on the one show that they would perform Dreamland & Monkey business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For in a secret life I was a roundhead general

boyjohn

#317 Post by boyjohn »

Roundhead General wrote: Sun 26 Jan 2020, 5:13 pm
boyjohn wrote:I noticed that it said (the article, not them) that they might play some songs from Hotspot on the tour. I really hope so, a 4-5 song detour from the hits at a point in the show to show off the new songs would be good. Be a shame to put out such a great album and then not play it live. Great article and interview, they always come alive a bit with interviewers that know their history and aren't just asking the obvious stuff.
They said when they were interviewed on the one show that they would perform Dreamland & Monkey business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but I hope they make it a bit more, I can imagine Neil saying "OK, I know you all came for the hits, but we also want to share a few songs from our recent number 1 album". Ok, I can dream.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

Nickname

#319 Post by Nickname »

I think the ratings have been quite good. Four stars, 7 or 8 out of 10. Most of the reviewers went in that way. I gave it a 7/10 more or less which is quite good too.

Many people think Electric is better but I think this one is the best one from the triology.

the8thark

#320 Post by the8thark »

nickname wrote: Mon 27 Jan 2020, 1:04 amMany people think Electric is better but I think this one is the best one from the triology.
I happen to agree. Sure Electric has Love is a bourgeois construct (The last truly great PSB song in my opinion), I feel Hotspot is the most constant in terms of overall track quality. Both Electric and Super vary wildly in track quality. Hotspot is not a return to form in any sence of the word, it is however a step in the right direction. I just hope the next PSB album It's a sin another truly great track on it.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here

glennjridge

#321 Post by glennjridge »

****That said I Don’t Wanna is another let down in terms of the Americanism Wanna, it does not sit right on the ear without the quintessential Englishness we love from Mr Tennant, it’s unworthy and a waste of the beautiful pronunciation that has been the cornerstone of Pet Shop Boys songs, recognisable anywhere.****

Quite frankly I thought the same thing when I first heard the title "I dont wanna". the other thing is the song would work just as well had he said it the proper way "I dont want to". he could have made it work. plus "I dont want to" seems like a perfect Pet shop boys title.

Incandescent

#322 Post by Incandescent »

Good Afternoon,

Here's my review.

www.thelawsreview.wordpress.com
Last edited by Incandescent on Mon 27 Jan 2020, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nickname

#323 Post by Nickname »

Another good one review:
https://dailyfreepress.com/2020/01/26/r ... h-hotspot/

I think reviewers have given good reviews to PSB.

GalataPSB

#324 Post by GalataPSB »

GQ Espana

Page 1

page 2

page 3

GalataPSB

#326 Post by GalataPSB »

TICKET MAGAZINE

Future Lover