Hotspot Japanese bonus tracks?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
geowayne

Hotspot Japanese bonus tracks?

#1 Post by geowayne »

Some sites, such as Amazon, are reporting that the Japanese edition of Hotspot will have a "bonus track." A few sites are even reporting *two* bonus tracks on the Japanese edition. But none of them (at least that I've seen) say what the bonus track(s) may be. Have any of you heard anything more about this? Personally, if this proves true, I suspect those bonus tracks will be one or more of the single b-sides already released, such as "An Open Mind" and/or "Decide." But that's just some speculation on my part.

Wish

Re: Hotspot Japanese bonus tracks?

#2 Post by Wish »

I remember this time before Super was released these sites (cdjapan and hmv.co.jp) also stated that Japanese edition will have 1 bonus track. But at the day of release appeared that it have regular tracklist. So anything can happen.

Danimal

#3 Post by Danimal »

Wayne,
I check CD Japan every few days to see if they've updated their listing and nothing yet. A guy over on the Steve Hoffman forums said he was told the tracks were going to be "Decide" and "Decide" (CYA remix), which would make sense as there was no CD single, but he didn't say what his source was. I'm eagerly awaiting the answer to this one as well.

Danimal

#4 Post by Danimal »

Wish wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019, 5:18 pm
I remember this time before Super was released these sites (cdjapan and hmv.co.jp) also stated that Japanese edition will have 1 bonus track. But at the day of release appeared that it have regular tracklist. So anything can happen.
The "Super" bonus track was listed as "The lost room" but that was pulled a few weeks before release.

drunk14

#5 Post by drunk14 »

It would be interesting to know the reason of cancellation. Did they block it because it was still unfinished or they were unhappy with results? Good old times when they were not aware of the fact that people in Japan had an access to Miserablism a year before its official release as a b side...
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

retrofuturist

#6 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
drunk14 wrote:
Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:50 am
It would be interesting to know the reason of cancellation. Did they block it because it was still unfinished or they were unhappy with results? Good old times when they were not aware of the fact that people in Japan had an access to Miserablism a year before its official release as a b side...
...and that they had a 9 and a half minute version of This Must Be The Place I Waited Years To Leave that doesn't even exist!

:shhh:

Retro. :)

Disco.

#7 Post by Disco. »

drunk14 wrote:
When Behaviour was released, it was mentioned in Literally that the Japanese version of Behaviour included Miserablism, Bet She is not your girlfriend and an extended mix of This ........

oakey

#8 Post by oakey »

Was also disappointed with the lack of bonus tracks on Electric, I knew that befor the release but did not cancel my order with CDJapan, still like the OBI :-)

leesmapman

#9 Post by leesmapman »

oakey wrote:
Tue 24 Dec 2019, 10:03 am
Was also disappointed with the lack of bonus tracks on Electric, I knew that befor the release but did not cancel my order with CDJapan, still like the OBI :-)
To be honest, the whole Electric album was all kinds of bonus tracks for Elysium :D

Danimal

#10 Post by Danimal »

drunk14 wrote:
I agree. As they mentioned in "Literally" that the "Lost room" was part of a sub-set of "dark techno" tracks, I just assumed they decided they had other plans for that collection of songs. I don't have that issue handy, but there were at least six, correct?

drunk14

#11 Post by drunk14 »

Disco. wrote:
Tue 24 Dec 2019, 9:57 am

When Behaviour was released, it was mentioned in Literally that the Japanese version of Behaviour included Miserablism, Bet She is not your girlfriend and an extended mix of This ........
I just remember some anectode from this forum, I believe, that some fan talked with Chris about Miserablism during their Performance tour and he seemed to be surprised that this fan had already heard that. So it is in contradiction with this Literally content... Hovewer, sometimes I have an impression, not only in PSB case, that many bands and musician are not aware of many events from their career. They even forget their past single choices, some basic discography facts etc. It's so strange...

Anyway, all that unreleased, repeatedly reproduced and finally archived stuff is something I'm really looking for. They have so many songs, more or less finished, which could be a great gem if released in a box. Most artists tend to record 10-11 songs for an album, they working on them and after sessions are over there is nothing left. PSB could complete 3 or 4 regular albums with their outtakes. Cannot believe we have never heard any demo from Behaviour.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Disco.

#12 Post by Disco. »

They even printed a picture, of the Japanese edition of Behaviour in Literally.

Wish

#13 Post by Wish »

Track Listing:

1. Will-o-the-wisp
2. You are the one
3. Happy people
4. Dreamland
5. Hoping for a miracle
6. I don't wanna
7. Monkey business
8. Only the dark