Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
oakey
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#226 Post by oakey » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm

One of the orders that (erroneously) arrived at my place had exactly this, no 7'' but just a CD. It shows how unprofessional this company is; it is clearly stated online, on the cover and in the interview that a PSB 7'' is included, not a CD sampler that nowadays has no value whatsoever.

User avatar
Gabby
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#227 Post by Gabby » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 11:07 pm

oakey wrote:
Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm
One of the orders that (erroneously) arrived at my place had exactly this, no 7'' but just a CD. It shows how unprofessional this company is; it is clearly stated online, on the cover and in the interview that a PSB 7'' is included, not a CD sampler that nowadays has no value whatsoever.
And in the mail today I just received a second copy of the magazine WITH the 7".

I definitely didnt order a second copy so its leaves me in a bit if a dilemma. Do I pay their presumably new invoice or ignore it because they messed up?

I'd love to keep the second copy.

User avatar
Gabby
Posts: 420
Joined: Sun 17 Jan 2016, 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#228 Post by Gabby » Fri 31 Jan 2020, 3:40 am

Gabby wrote:
Thu 30 Jan 2020, 11:07 pm
oakey wrote:
Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:46 pm
One of the orders that (erroneously) arrived at my place had exactly this, no 7'' but just a CD. It shows how unprofessional this company is; it is clearly stated online, on the cover and in the interview that a PSB 7'' is included, not a CD sampler that nowadays has no value whatsoever.
And in the mail today I just received a second copy of the magazine WITH the 7".

I definitely didnt order a second copy so its leaves me in a bit if a dilemma. Do I pay their presumably new invoice or ignore it because they messed up?

I'd love to keep the second copy.
So checked the invoice that came with it and it's identical to the first, so definitely a screw up and duplicated on their part. The 7" sleeve a slightly worn through on the bottom edge.

I'm keeping it - and not paying a second time. I'm kind of ruthless about stuff like this, but if I was that stupid I'd expect no better from anyone else. I'd deserve it.

User avatar
oakey
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#229 Post by oakey » Sat 01 Feb 2020, 4:56 pm

For those involved: I have sent out another email to the distributer, included all the Ticket Numbers of my previous emails. Glad to see that some at least have arrived in good order.

Disco.
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:02 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#230 Post by Disco. » Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:30 am

themgnt wrote:
Wed 29 Jan 2020, 10:52 pm
Mine arrived in Chicago. Could have been better packaged, but also could have fared much much worse! No problem separating the sleeve from the magazine. Mine was attached with that rubbery glue that's easy to peel off without damaging paper. It sounds like not everyone had that. Mine also arrived in a padded paper envelope, different from the pictures I've seen others posted.

Thanks to oakey (viewtopic.php?p=587278#p587278) for tips on the bank transfer.
My (second copy, with the single) arrived in a padded envelope too. Phoned their customer service up, and paid by credit card, easy as that.

stevenwhittingstall
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat 27 Jun 2015, 12:23 am
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#231 Post by stevenwhittingstall » Tue 04 Feb 2020, 9:23 am

leesmapman wrote:
Wed 29 Jan 2020, 11:25 pm
Any people interested in the magazines? I still have a few copies for sale
Do you still have any left? My order with Musikexpress did not come.

User avatar
retrofuturist
Posts: 3309
Joined: Mon 08 May 2006, 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#232 Post by retrofuturist » Tue 04 Feb 2020, 11:00 am

Greetings,

I know someone in Australia who has a couple of extra copies, brand new, so if anyone in Australia wants to buy a copy at cost price, plus postage... PM me your e-mail address and I'll pass it on.

Retro. :)

User avatar
Sage
Posts: 303
Joined: Thu 06 Sep 2012, 3:08 am
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#233 Post by Sage » Tue 04 Feb 2020, 11:08 am

I received more copies today. I was going to say anyone here is welcome to PM me if they want to buy a copy but I see RetroFuturist has already made the offer.

render
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed 05 Feb 2020, 4:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#234 Post by render » Wed 05 Feb 2020, 5:20 pm

Hi guys, I have a problem and I wanted to ask if you can help me.

Like many of you, I also ordered the vinyl from Musikexpress. When placing the order I chose the option to send the invoice for me to make the payment (I did not put my bank account number).

Last day I received the magazine along with the vinyl. All without problem, but in the documentation they send I have seen that they ask me to make a transfer. It is normal. The problem is that it seems to me that the payment includes a subscription to the magazine since in the documentation I see that it includes an authorization to pass invoices to your bank account (attached image to the post).

This is so?. I have sent several emails but nobody answers my questions so I have not yet made the payment. I don't want a magazine subscription. Can you help me clarify this?

I do not understand if I am subscribing when making the transfer. I do not want a subscription.

Thank you.
Attachments
capt.jpg
capt.jpg (108.53 KiB) Viewed 441 times
capt2.jpg
capt2.jpg (205.78 KiB) Viewed 441 times

User avatar
Izione
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon 04 Aug 2008, 9:10 am
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#235 Post by Izione » Wed 05 Feb 2020, 8:04 pm

Disco. wrote:
Sun 02 Feb 2020, 8:30 am
themgnt wrote:
Wed 29 Jan 2020, 10:52 pm
Mine arrived in Chicago. Could have been better packaged, but also could have fared much much worse! No problem separating the sleeve from the magazine. Mine was attached with that rubbery glue that's easy to peel off without damaging paper. It sounds like not everyone had that. Mine also arrived in a padded paper envelope, different from the pictures I've seen others posted.

Thanks to oakey (viewtopic.php?p=587278#p587278) for tips on the bank transfer.
My (second copy, with the single) arrived in a padded envelope too. Phoned their customer service up, and paid by credit card, easy as that.
I did the same.. phoned them up after my order arrived to the UK from Germany.. and gave my credit card details over the phone. That was 2 weeks ago and payment still not taken.. not answering emails either.. how are they going to reconcile peoples orders to bank transfers if a simple task of paying by credit card over the phone obviously doesn’t work.. kinda giving up thinking about it.
http://www.realizationmusic.co.uk
@realizationmsc

“Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought.”

gehegu
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed 06 Apr 2016, 2:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#236 Post by gehegu » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 12:27 am

I paid through bank transfer and I haven’t received anything from them. It’s really disappointing . They’ve stopped replying my emails so, at this point, I’ve lost my money. 😡

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3625
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#237 Post by Flaffer » Sat 08 Feb 2020, 5:21 pm

And we thought the official store was bad ..........
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

robyus21
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun 24 Nov 2019, 12:17 am
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#238 Post by robyus21 » Mon 10 Feb 2020, 2:08 pm

Thanks Gosh I ended up cancelling my order and got my copy from discogs. Lively Item by it looks but I think it sounds awful!

User avatar
oakey
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#239 Post by oakey » Mon 10 Feb 2020, 9:49 pm

render wrote:
Wed 05 Feb 2020, 5:20 pm
Hi guys, I have a problem and I wanted to ask if you can help me.

Like many of you, I also ordered the vinyl from Musikexpress. When placing the order I chose the option to send the invoice for me to make the payment (I did not put my bank account number).

Last day I received the magazine along with the vinyl. All without problem, but in the documentation they send I have seen that they ask me to make a transfer. It is normal. The problem is that it seems to me that the payment includes a subscription to the magazine since in the documentation I see that it includes an authorization to pass invoices to your bank account (attached image to the post).

This is so?. I have sent several emails but nobody answers my questions so I have not yet made the payment. I don't want a magazine subscription. Can you help me clarify this?

I do not understand if I am subscribing when making the transfer. I do not want a subscription.

Thank you.
It's not a subscription, just a one time payment. Agree that the indormation on the invoice is not clear though. You don't have to complete this form and return that, just wire the money to them with the BelegNr or OrderNo in the reference field. There is no way they can then take more money from your account.

User avatar
oakey
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#240 Post by oakey » Mon 10 Feb 2020, 9:50 pm

gehegu wrote:
Sat 08 Feb 2020, 12:27 am
I paid through bank transfer and I haven’t received anything from them. It’s really disappointing . They’ve stopped replying my emails so, at this point, I’ve lost my money. 😡
How did you pay then without the invoice that was sent out with the magazine and 7"?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], innerxsanctum, MSN [Bot] and 11 guests