Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
EDF70

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#211 Post by EDF70 » Mon 27 Jan 2020, 10:01 pm

oakey wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 4:12 pm
In theory the IBAN is sufficient, that is all what is needed for international € to € connections.
The thing is though that foreign currency transactions go via a separate route to deal with continuous changes in exchange rates probably, ie via a general account of as bank for foreign transactions rather than direct from account holder to account holder. That why more information is needed. Plus many countries do not have IBAN numbers.
My online bank transaction went through fine and it only asked for the IBAN number. I did enter the bank address just in case but the IBAN should be enough..

pacificnorthwest

#212 Post by pacificnorthwest » Tue 28 Jan 2020, 1:31 am

oakey wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020, 7:06 pm
This whole Musikexpress business is one big mess. What has happened so far:
  • multiple copies arriving at my (invoice) address rather than at the correct (shipping) address ( I only ordered one for delivery at my own address, ie for myself)
  • incomplete orders being delivered (paid for 2, only one in envelope)
  • a copy of the magazine without a single was shipped (yep that happened to me too)
  • invoices are not being sent or incorrect (item price listed as 12.90 + 3.34 rather than 9.90 + P&P, incorrect shipping cost listed etc, 2 copies listed for €29 rather than €23)
  • customer service takes days to respond to my emails (if at all); so far they have responded to about half of the emails sent about incorrect orders, while ignoring the other half.
This all despite fully correct initial email order confirmations, with the correct amount, price, invoice address and shipping address!

It is all being done by hand apparently, which explains all these issues. Have also not heard that copies ordered for delivery outside the EU have arrived.

It is all very annoying and I now deeply regret offering to help out here, as it is taking me a tremendous amount of time to sort everything out with the journal publisher's non-responsive customer service. I do not want to offend any German fans out here, but this confirms the foreign perception of German customer service (https://www.dw.com/en/germany-may-be-ef ... a-36204346)

To all of you involved: please be patient and please let me know once your copy has arrived (so I can update my excel admin...)
My copy came today and I am based in the USA. Thank you once again for ordering this for me.

df118junkie

#213 Post by df118junkie » Tue 28 Jan 2020, 4:43 am

oakey wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020, 7:06 pm
This whole Musikexpress business is one big mess. What has happened so far:
  • multiple copies arriving at my (invoice) address rather than at the correct (shipping) address ( I only ordered one for delivery at my own address, ie for myself)
  • incomplete orders being delivered (paid for 2, only one in envelope)
  • a copy of the magazine without a single was shipped (yep that happened to me too)
  • invoices are not being sent or incorrect (item price listed as 12.90 + 3.34 rather than 9.90 + P&P, incorrect shipping cost listed etc, 2 copies listed for €29 rather than €23)
  • customer service takes days to respond to my emails (if at all); so far they have responded to about half of the emails sent about incorrect orders, while ignoring the other half.
This all despite fully correct initial email order confirmations, with the correct amount, price, invoice address and shipping address!

It is all being done by hand apparently, which explains all these issues. Have also not heard that copies ordered for delivery outside the EU have arrived.

It is all very annoying and I now deeply regret offering to help out here, as it is taking me a tremendous amount of time to sort everything out with the journal publisher's non-responsive customer service. I do not want to offend any German fans out here, but this confirms the foreign perception of German customer service (https://www.dw.com/en/germany-may-be-ef ... a-36204346)

To all of you involved: please be patient and please let me know once your copy has arrived (so I can update my excel admin...)
My copy arrived in California. Thanks for your help Oakey.

PETHEAD72

#214 Post by PETHEAD72 » Tue 28 Jan 2020, 3:10 pm

Can someone translate please?,i don't know what's happened to my order i placed in december
Screenshot_20200128-140031_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200128-140031_Samsung Internet.jpg (387.98 KiB) Viewed 637 times
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

oakey

#215 Post by oakey » Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:38 pm

This is the automatic reply you get after sending them an email

In short it says: "Thank you for your message, we'll get back to you asap. If you contact us, please include your ticket number. You can also call us during bussiness hours at No ..."

PETHEAD72

#216 Post by PETHEAD72 » Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:46 pm

oakey wrote:
Tue 28 Jan 2020, 6:38 pm
This is the automatic reply you get after sending them an email

In short it says: "Thank you for your message, we'll get back to you asap. If you contact us, please include your ticket number. You can also call us during bussiness hours at No ..."
Thanks oakey,i sent them an email with all my details from the order
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Sage

#217 Post by Sage » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 9:40 am

Got a few copies arrive today in Melbourne Australia from Musikexpress.
Totally unexpected, I know I tried to order but I didn't think it went through.
To me it's strange they send the product without charging and ask for the payment afterwards.

themgnt

#218 Post by themgnt » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 10:52 pm

Mine arrived in Chicago. Could have been better packaged, but also could have fared much much worse! No problem separating the sleeve from the magazine. Mine was attached with that rubbery glue that's easy to peel off without damaging paper. It sounds like not everyone had that. Mine also arrived in a padded paper envelope, different from the pictures I've seen others posted.

Thanks to oakey (viewtopic.php?p=587278#p587278) for tips on the bank transfer.

leesmapman

#219 Post by leesmapman » Wed 29 Jan 2020, 11:25 pm

Any people interested in the magazines? I still have a few copies for sale

oakey

#220 Post by oakey » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:42 am

Sage wrote:
Wed 29 Jan 2020, 9:40 am
Got a few copies arrive today in Melbourne Australia from Musikexpress.
Totally unexpected, I know I tried to order but I didn't think it went through.
To me it's strange they send the product without charging and ask for the payment afterwards.
It did say so at the order site...

Enrique

#221 Post by Enrique » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 3:18 pm

No 7'' but CD (no PSB)
No 7'' but CD (no PSB)
P_20200130_140829_vHDR_Auto.jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 296 times

A few days ago had the regular magazine with the PSB blue 7" delivered, in a padded paper envelope with handwritten address and including a sheet for payment instructions et al.
Today, out of the blue I found this in my mailbox. Sent in a plastic bag, with no payments details. Same PSB paper content, no 7" but a unrelated CD inside. Will check bank charges later and contact musikexpress by mail. Wonder can anyone here enlight me? Completely unexpectedly, am I subscribed to musikexpress?
Last edited by Enrique on Thu 30 Jan 2020, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unadiscoteca: PSB en español http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/unadiscoteca

Future Lover

#222 Post by Future Lover » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 3:35 pm

Very interesting! Can you show us the CD tracklist? Interesting that the CD is bearing the same month as the magazine, implying it might've been originally the one to be released with it issue.

Enrique

#223 Post by Enrique » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 3:58 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Thu 30 Jan 2020, 3:35 pm
Very interesting! Can you show us the CD tracklist? Interesting that the CD is bearing the same month as the magazine, implying it might've been originally the one to be released with it issue.
Sure.
P_20200130_140906_vHDR_Auto.jpg
P_20200130_140906_vHDR_Auto.jpg (791.27 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Unadiscoteca: PSB en español http://es.groups.yahoo.com/group/unadiscoteca

Future Lover

#224 Post by Future Lover » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 4:46 pm

Thank you! Indeed, very random.

Gabby

#225 Post by Gabby » Thu 30 Jan 2020, 6:14 pm

Printing off limited 7" singles (with a actually decent cover) and giving them away with a magazine cannot be cheap. I presume PSB Partnership or X2 pays for that and requests it to be a promotional item with the magazine.

The supposition that the CD might have originally been the intended free item seems fair.