Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PETHEAD72

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#196 Post by PETHEAD72 » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 11:24 am

oakey wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 7:03 am
PETHEAD72 wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020, 8:38 pm
All i got was the order confirmation back in december and i've heard nothing since?,did you get a follow up email asking for payment?
If the shipping and invoice address, the invoice is sent with the magazine and 7”
They do not sent a notification of shipment in any form
Ok,thanks...just a bit concerned nothing arrived yet and no response from the email i sent
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Padster

#197 Post by Padster » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 3:25 pm

PETHEAD72 wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 11:24 am

Ok,thanks...just a bit concerned nothing arrived yet and no response from the email i sent
If you’re out of luck, give me a shout. I’ve got a few copies. :wink:

PETHEAD72

#198 Post by PETHEAD72 » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 3:46 pm

Padster wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 3:25 pm
PETHEAD72 wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 11:24 am

If you’re out of luck, give me a shout. I’ve got a few copies. :wink:
Thank you, :up: :up: :up:
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

oakey

#199 Post by oakey » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 5:32 pm

Just got home from work only to find 5(!) more incorrectly delivered magazines and singles in my mail box (ie sent to the invoice address not the delivery address), plus a separate envelope with one more invoice that of course states an incorrect amount
I will contact them again and only pay after I get confirmation of receipt from any of you guys

They should not offer international shipment if they are unable to process international orders..

After checking them, most were even RESENDS (ie sent to the incorrect address AGAIN!) :wall:

leesmapman

#200 Post by leesmapman » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 8:25 pm

Lol, I got some extra copies too

Sent from my SM-J410F using Tapatalk

oakey

#201 Post by oakey » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 8:54 pm

After having sorted eveything out it seems that with 'only' 5 out of 18 order things went wrong. 4 have arrived at the correct addresses, and I hope/asume that the remaining 9 are still on their way or have arrived already (tehy at least did not turn up at my home address).

Let's hope so at least...

Wrote a long email to the helpdesk to copmplain and hope they sort it out for good.

If things turn worse, I do have a few extra copies though, so please bear with me.

I have contacted the forum members involved.

pacificnorthwest

#202 Post by pacificnorthwest » Fri 24 Jan 2020, 9:13 pm

oakey wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 8:54 pm
After having sorted eveything out it seems that with 'only' 5 out of 18 order things went wrong. 4 have arrived at the correct addresses, and I hope/asume that the remaining 9 are still on their way or have arrived already (tehy at least did not turn up at my home address).

Let's hope so at least...

Wrote a long email to the helpdesk to copmplain and hope they sort it out for good.

If things turn worse, I do have a few extra copies though, so please bear with me.

I have contacted the forum members involved.
Sorry about the mess of all this. I will contact you in a weeks time if I dont hear anything or receive anything from them direct. The whole things a bit of a mess and i am sorry that you have to sort all this out on behalf of myself and others.

Iyonix

#203 Post by Iyonix » Sat 25 Jan 2020, 5:14 pm

oakey wrote:
Thu 23 Jan 2020, 7:50 pm
I already assumed that... For their bank's address you need to contact them though, there is no other way of finding that out. In Germany they still deal with local bank offices (these have largely vanished in the Netherlands, so if I need to provide my bank's address for payments from eg the US, I just provide ING's main office's address in Amsterdam)

For DPV Media, it may be a local office in Hamburg, Berlin or whatever. Or in a tiny village. Who knows.
Thanks as ever for your assistance with this very much appreciated especially as your are busy with your own problems with this
magazine ! . I had a feeling this would be needed and unfortunately my bank in the UK will not process the transaction without the banks address. once I have that I can pay them , assuming they reply to my emails of course !! if they don't they don't get paid.

why couldn't they just use Paypal ? would of made it all so much easier for everyone !

Gabby

#204 Post by Gabby » Sat 25 Jan 2020, 8:53 pm

Got my copy in the mail yesterday along with the invoice. Very lovely and I will not be separating the vinyl cover from the magazine.

I will pay the invoice of course, but we did have a chuckle in my house when I referred to it in the German word which then turned into the oh so witty line "You can shove your German invoice up your rechnung!"

This is a house of mirth I tell ya!

EDF70

#205 Post by EDF70 » Sun 26 Jan 2020, 8:49 am

For those wanting the address for the bank, there is a website you can use to look up the address from the BIC code supplied. This is what the search came up with

Deutsche Postbank Ag (PBNKDEFFXXX)
Frankfurt Branch
Eckenheimer Landstrasse 242 60320 Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

oakey

#206 Post by oakey » Sun 26 Jan 2020, 9:49 am

That is the general bank address for Deutsche Postbank linked to the BIC, but I always assumed they also need the address of the local bank office where the account holder has the actual account. Why else ask for it, as the BIC is already the bank identifier.

But maybe this works

EDF70

#207 Post by EDF70 » Sun 26 Jan 2020, 11:29 am

Whenever I've done bank transactions at work, the only address I put in is the address for the person who should be receiving money. I've not yet done a personal payment to a bank in a different country, until later on today, so it will be interesting to see what information is required.
I will be surprised if it asks for the bank address as the BIC is sufficient enough for the payment to reach the bank.

oakey

#208 Post by oakey » Sun 26 Jan 2020, 4:12 pm

In theory the IBAN is sufficient, that is all what is needed for international € to € connections.
The thing is though that foreign currency transactions go via a separate route to deal with continuous changes in exchange rates probably, ie via a general account of as bank for foreign transactions rather than direct from account holder to account holder. That why more information is needed. Plus many countries do not have IBAN numbers.

DavePSB

#209 Post by DavePSB » Sun 26 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm

Does anyone have a spare copy I could buy?!
Chris: "I don't really like MP3's. It's like having a 1 megapixel digital camera."

Click for PSB | Euphoric (rarely updated now)

oakey

#210 Post by oakey » Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:17 am

DavePSB wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm
Does anyone have a spare copy I could buy?!
Yes, pm me :-)