Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Pod

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#151 Post by Pod »

Mine arrived in tip-top condition today. Thanks Oakey!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

andmaste

#152 Post by andmaste »

Hi.
Sorry for the question.
Anyway, I have placed the order, and received the following mail:
======================================
Sehr geehrte/r Andrea Mastellaro,
Ihre Bestellung ist bei uns eingegangen und wird nun bearbeitet. Ihre Bestelldetails werden unten zur Kontrolle angezeigt.
Bitte warten Sie mit der Überweisung des Geldes, bis die Rechnung bei Ihnen eingetroffen ist. Details zur Zahlung entnehmen Sie bitte der Rechnung, die an Sie geschickt wird.
Thank you for your order. Please refer to the invoice, which will be sent to you, for further payment instructions.
According to you, what must I do now?
Waiting for the magazine and paying *after*?
Ask for further instructions?

It seems strange to me, to be honest.

Thank you

Andrea
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

425-17

#153 Post by 425-17 »

andmaste wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 9:35 pm ======================================
Ihre Bestellung ist bei uns eingegangen und wird nun bearbeitet. Ihre Bestelldetails werden unten zur Kontrolle angezeigt.
Bitte warten Sie mit der Überweisung des Geldes, bis die Rechnung bei Ihnen eingetroffen ist. Details zur Zahlung entnehmen Sie bitte der Rechnung, die an Sie geschickt wird.
Thank you for your order. Please refer to the invoice, which will be sent to you, for further payment instructions.
Dear Mr. Andrea Mastellaro,

we have received your order, which will now be processed. The order details are displayed below for you to review.
Please wait with transfering the money until you have received the invoice. Please use the details in your invoice regarding your payment, which will be sent to you.

So they want you to wait until you have received an invoice and the German text is just a version of the English one.

Xakrij

#154 Post by Xakrij »

Hello Oakey

I received your email and have replied to you.
I can PayPal to you the additional postage since you already have the pkg.
I realize this is more expensive but might be the better option since you have the item in hand.
Let me know how you want to proceed.

-Alan
Shot in the fatal cause 'of frock-and-droll'

psbnyc

#155 Post by psbnyc »

This is off-topic but couldn't find a better place to post it: French newspaper Libération today has an interview with journalist and music fan Olivier Cachin where he chooses Very as his desert island disc, calling it pop perfection. One of his favourite songs is Dreaming of the queen and he also mentions that he would have loved to be a member of Pet Shop Boys! Read the full article here https://next.liberation.fr/musique/2020 ... in_1773663

andmaste

#156 Post by andmaste »

425-17 wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 9:54 pm
andmaste wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 9:35 pm ======================================
Dear Mr. Andrea Mastellaro,

we have received your order, which will now be processed. The order details are displayed below for you to review.
Please wait with transfering the money until you have received the invoice. Please use the details in your invoice regarding your payment, which will be sent to you.
So they want you to wait until you have received an invoice and the German text is just a version of the English one.
Hi, thank you for your reply.
Yes, I had the translation, but it seemed so unusual.
At the moment I haven't received any invoice, so ... don't know if I have to make a move or simply wait.
Andrea
www.psbcq.it

Iyonix

#157 Post by Iyonix »

oakey wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 4:18 pm
Iyonix wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 3:45 pm
Den wrote: Fri 17 Jan 2020, 2:32 pm Anyone in the UK got it yet?
Yes , mine arrived yesterday (friday) much to my surprise, I thought my order hadn't gone through as my account hadn't been debited, so not sure now if I have to pay them with a bank transfer, or whether they will debit my account. Does anyone know?
They will not debit your account, that only works for German bank accounts (that's what they told me). You just have to actively pay them by bank transfer using the invoice details shipped with the magazine. Make sure you pay the ammount by selecting the OUR option, meaning you pay all the fees that come with this payment (not SHA or BEN, as this means that you either share the fees for this non-€ payment or that the recipient has to pay all these fees). Neither of the two options will be appreciated by the recipiant, bearing the risk that you have to pay the 'missing' amount again for a high fee (for my bank a non € payment is €6, the cost for the recipient are €5, so that would mean an additional fee of €11, but make sure to check with your bank, as these cost differ across banks and countries). But paying by Credit Card is probably going to cost you a lot less.

The SEPA option would not have worked for bank account in Pounds Sterling anyway (which I assume you have as you're in the UK), as non-Euro bank transfers come with additional fees that they then cannot debit your account for (as you only gave permission for the amount stated).

In cases like this I am happy most of Europe has one currency and that € payments do not cost more for payments abroad than for payments within your own country.
Thanks for confirming this, I will get this paid now.

Iyonix

#158 Post by Iyonix »

Thanks for confirming this, I will get this paid now.

djrigby1969

#159 Post by djrigby1969 »

gehegu wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 2:42 pm I hope we’re not paying around 12 euros for a magazine. Did you complain? What’s the solution they give?
Their offices are closed for the weekend. I'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest.

It sounds a shambles.

oakey

#160 Post by oakey »

andmaste wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 11:41 pm Hi, thank you for your reply.
At the moment I haven't received any invoice, so ... don't know if I have to make a move or simply wait.
Just wait, they will send the invoice with the magazine and single

andmaste

#161 Post by andmaste »

oakey wrote: Sun 19 Jan 2020, 2:33 pm
andmaste wrote: Sat 18 Jan 2020, 11:41 pm Hi, thank you for your reply.
Just wait, they will send the invoice with the magazine and single
:up:
Andrea
www.psbcq.it

Iyonix

#162 Post by Iyonix »

I'm not having much luck here, trust tried to do Bank transfer, but apparantly I need the address of the company I am paying , i'm not sure which one this is.

What address has anyone else used ? is it the one on the invoice directly above my address (abo-serivce one)?

Any help greatly appreciated.

many thanks.

oakey

#163 Post by oakey »

The company's address should be on the invoice, under the dotted line with the scissors:
DPV Vertriebsservice, PO Box 100331, 20002 Hamburg, Germany (actually it says 2002, but that is not the correct Postleizahl if you Google them, the correct one with an extra 0 is in the address that is indeed above your own address)

Their IBAN is DE74 2001 0020 0096 0252 00, and you may need their BIC code: PBNKDEFFXXX

Make sure to include the Beleg-Nr / Document No with your payment, so they can trace it back to you, which is a 13-digit order No (probably starting with 15), but a totally different one than the 6-digit order number they provided by email in the order confirmation email.

If you're in non-€ territory you may even have to provide their bank's address. Make sure to check. And keep in mind the OUR option for the transfer fees (see one of my posts above)
Last edited by oakey on Mon 20 Jan 2020, 7:42 pm, edited 8 times in total.

oakey

#164 Post by oakey »

Meanwhile I got a reply to only one of my three emails (all three concerning different invoices) :x

This is all very amateurish!

Also, it appears that the envelopes sent out by the publisher to those who ordered through me have handwritten (!) shipping addresses on them. One forum member assumed that I had shipped it myself, but no, that is what the publishing company did. Probably because for those who have identical shipping and invoice addresses the invoice with address label is attached.

No wonder things go wrong here.

ype

#165 Post by ype »

Am I the only one who tore off a piece of the back of the single sleeve trying to remove it from the magazine cover? :wall: