Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#31 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adi

#32 Post by adi »

joepsb wrote: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 10:06 pm bought 3 and dont even know whats on it :)
Hi
Did you buy 3 for yourself or is it possible to buy one of you could pay PayPal ASAP as I can’t make head nor tail of that website..many thanks

MikeyC

#33 Post by MikeyC »

Here in NYC there are a few fabulous international magazine shops and while it may take a while, I’m (cautiously) optimistic this publication will make its way here!!

DJAMIX

#34 Post by DJAMIX »

Ordered! (after using Google Tranlator a lot)
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

oakey

#35 Post by oakey »

Ordered. Re IBAN and €: one of the many advantages of being in a European Union :p
Shipping cost to the Netherlands are also low.

I also struggled a bit with the site, although I speak German very well. The Rechnung (Invoice) option did not work for me, but this could also be a browser issue (I first tried it on my iPhone). Later I ordered via my laptop with the IBAN option.

What you have to keep in mind though is that by providing the IBAN etc you authorize Axel Springer Verlag (the publisher) to take the money from your bank account. That's why you also have to check the option 'Hiermit erteile ich das SEPA Lastschriftmandat bedeutung' (I authorize this payment being taken from my account), as it is different from a normal bank transfer, which YOU make into their account (via a secure website withour own authorisation codes etc). That said, Musikexpress is a respected magazine, and Springer is a respected publisher (at least for those not in the extreme left of the political spectrum :))

Anyway, if people outside the EU struggle, let me know by PM and I can try to help out. I have PayPal, so if you pay me via PP + €1.50 as a 'fee' (as PP has a poor exchange rate and takes fees for transferring money from my PP account to my regular bank account, plus there is the risk that they sell out and I have to return the money to you by PP which costs additionally, and there is the risk that my banck account is being drained by authorizing Springer Verlag :D) I can order it on your home address (as all non-EU countries are listed as well, and international shipping is just €3,45). Keep in mind that shipping is at your/their own risk, as I do not want to take responsibility for late or no delivery!

Make sure to provide your PP email address and your full home address incl appt numbers, ZIP codes etc.
Last edited by oakey on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage

#36 Post by Sage »

A reminder, it's better to copy paste or re-write what the other webpage shows instead of simply posting a link.
Links go offline meanwhile these forums stay archived.

Here's the post summarised:

Exclusive and only available in MUSIKEXPRESS 02/2020: A 7 ″ vinyl single from PET SHOP BOYS!

A-side: "Dreamland" ft. Years & Years
B-side: "Always On My Mind (Live)" / "The Pop Kids - Reprise (Live)"

Release 16/01/20
It's the February issue of Musik Express with PSB on the cover and a bonus 7" vinyl.
It doesn't mention if there will be an interview or anything further.

Okay so for my opinion on this release.
First of all the only thing exclusive is the arrangement of the track listing, and the (re-purposed) artwork.

What I find funny is how the artwork is exactly what was suggested in the Hotspot album cover art thread. We suggested they should use one of the promotional photos such as the one this single uses.
I'm certain someone at PSB management is reading out posts, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.
On one hand I'd prefer privacy, for example to slag something off has a different meaning when the other person is watching.
But then I think it's good to use the dedicated fanbase for suggestions as you guys know PSB inside and out.

I tried to order the magazine and record but it seems impossible.
I'm in Australia and it doesn't accept my payment details using the IBAN my bank suggests.
It does look good though.

Sage

#37 Post by Sage »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 10:37 pm Greetings,

On a slightly related note, it's my guess that the live recordings will be from the Hyde Park performance, since it was recorded and broadcast by the BBC. It also notes having Always On My Mind followed by a reprise of The Pop Kids.

Someone shared a copy of the live recording with me in FLAC format recently. I haven't had time to listen to it to be honest, but for all intents and purposes, I'm going to assume it's the same (or at least) close enough to what's on the 7" that I won't be missing out on hearing anything by not having it.

True, it would be "nice to have", but I'm not massive bothered if I don't have it.

Retro. :)
Surely it would be the Inner Sanctum release? The one they've mastered professionally and have the rights to.

retrofuturist

#38 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
Sage wrote: Thu 19 Dec 2019, 7:37 am Surely it would be the Inner Sanctum release? The one they've mastered professionally and have the rights to.
Possibly, but this wouldn't be the first time they've used a live BBC recording as exclusive content for a magazine giveaway.

Remember this? https://www.discogs.com/Various-Q-Live- ... ase/994136

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

adi

#39 Post by adi »

Hi
Could someone help me get one one !!! could pay paypal asap
Many Thanks

goughsjd

#40 Post by goughsjd »

[.
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Pod

#41 Post by Pod »

Pod wrote: Wed 18 Dec 2019, 8:37 pm Please, please, please can someone order me one of these? I’m going round in circles. PM me if you can help - I can paypal money to you instantly. I’d happily pay for 2 records, but only want one so anyone doing me the favour would get theirs for free!
    Offer still stands!
    Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
    It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Future Lover

#42 Post by Future Lover »

I've spent so much on the Boys already... Think I'll wait for them to pop up on discogs or ebay as the previous ones did. It's not that hard to order, it's just a bit pricey for me right now for non-exclusive content, and the ways of payment are shitty.
    Last edited by Future Lover on Thu 19 Dec 2019, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

tottenhammattspurs

#43 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I’ve tried and given up. An unuser friendly site that’s also in German. I need to channel my inner Alan Turing and quite frankly I’ve lost patience with it.

I’ll look for ward to these appearing on ebay for around £50 in January
    is is and isnt isnt

PETHEAD72

#44 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Jeez,that was some krypton factor challenge!!!,got there eventually!,only the first page translated,after that i had to keep coming out and checking on google what the words meant.
    You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Future Lover

#45 Post by Future Lover »

Folks, you are aware that you can right-click in Google Chrome, and translate the entire page to English, and even keep translating German from that point on?