DREAMWORLD TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
ZiggyPSB

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

#391 Post by ZiggyPSB » Thu 06 Feb 2020, 2:41 pm

Maybe he really is Neil Tennant posting all along.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Sage

#392 Post by Sage » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 12:04 pm

How about how Neil said they'll do Hallo Spaceboy? I wonder if it will be like last time with a guest singer doing Bowie's bits.
I love the confirmed setlist so far.
Losing My Mind, Streets, Jealousy, Rent, and the mandatory songs like Always, West End girls, It's a Sin, Go West, Domino which are the top 5 on Spotify and Neil has said they went through the popular tracks on Spotify.
I'm not sure how I feel about Monkey Business and Dreamland taking up slots but we'll see how the songs fair live.
Really glad they're bringing the tour to Australia by the way.

MrTennant

#393 Post by MrTennant » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 12:22 pm

Sage wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 12:04 pm
How about how Neil said they'll do Hallo Spaceboy? I wonder if it will be like last time with a guest singer doing Bowie's bits.
Losing My Mind, Streets, Jealousy, Rent, and the mandatory songs like Always, West End girls, It's a Sin, Go West, Domino which are the top 5 on Spotify and Neil has said they went through the popular tracks on Spotify.
I'm not sure how I feel about Monkey Business and Dreamland taking up slots but we'll see how the songs fair live.
Where can I see a full list of the most popular tracks on Spotify?. I only watch a top 5. I don't know if there is a possibily of watching a longer top.

Patrick Bateman

#394 Post by Patrick Bateman » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 1:10 pm

MrTennant wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 12:22 pm

Where can I see a full list of the most popular tracks on Spotify?. I only watch a top 5. I don't know if there is a possibily of watching a longer top.
You want to watch a longer top? Adam Tremadoc’s your man.

Sage

#395 Post by Sage » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 1:23 pm

MrTennant wrote:
Sage wrote:
It's in the desktop app.
Take a look at this:

Who knows if the top 10 list was the same when they surveyed it to form the tour setlist.
I find it interesting to see I Don't Wanna in the list. It's not the most popular song in this forum.

michael888

#396 Post by michael888 » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 1:45 pm

Sage wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 1:23 pm
MrTennant wrote:
Sage wrote:
It's in the desktop app.
Take a look at this:

Who knows if the top 10 list was the same when they surveyed it to form the tour setlist.
I find it interesting to see I Don't Wanna in the list. It's not the most popular song in this forum.
It's loathed by fans but loved by casual listeners apparently.
A small voice of calm and reason.

Dog

#397 Post by Dog » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 2:18 pm

michael888 wrote:
Sage wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 1:23 pm
MrTennant wrote:
It's in the desktop app.
Take a look at this:

It's loathed by fans but loved by casual listeners apparently.
It’s because this is the track that they’ve chosen to be auto added across Spotify new music playlists. Will o the wisp is high because it’s track one.
Woof.

MrTennant

#398 Post by MrTennant » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 3:27 pm

According to the plans of PSB and listening the main track in a reverse order.

I think they are going to start with WOTW. It works like a good opener. With a kind o footage with PSB getting out from a subway of Berlin. Then Monkey Business and Dreamland work fine to introduce PSB themselves, doing business and trying to find their dreamland/dreamworld.

But I think the next two sons in a reverse order will be The Pop Kids and Vocal. I don't know why I think they are going to approach the part of the song in the middle when Neil sings "remember these days" with the beginning of Vocal. With that dreamy feeling of remembering the old days. I expect from PSB a kind of mix between the two songs.

dequesi

#399 Post by dequesi » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 5:22 pm

Yes, I also think they'll be mixing or "medleying" songs with each other. They tend to do that anyway, more so when they have so many hits to show off!

I'm guessing they'll do that with Madonna's Sorry: after all, it was a Stuart Price production!

I'm putting together a hypothetical playlist on Spotify, in case anyone's interested. I'll keep updating it with any new confirmations:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4f4At ... 2woNSkqQ7a

I've read above that New York city boy is out and Drunk is in. (It would surprise me: they tend to go for the poppiest & most danceable for concerts). Are these confirmed? Sources?

Dog

#400 Post by Dog » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 6:41 pm

dequesi wrote:Yes, I also think they'll be mixing or "medleying" songs with each other. They tend to do that anyway, more so when they have so many hits to show off!

I'm guessing they'll do that with Madonna's Sorry: after all, it was a Stuart Price production!

I'm putting together a hypothetical playlist on Spotify, in case anyone's interested. I'll keep updating it with any new confirmations:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4f4At ... 2woNSkqQ7a

I've read above that New York city boy is out and Drunk is in. (It would surprise me: they tend to go for the poppiest & most danceable for concerts). Are these confirmed? Sources?
Neil in a local radio interview.
Woof.

domino

#401 Post by domino » Fri 07 Feb 2020, 7:41 pm

dequesi wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 5:22 pm
Neil said that in an interview, hardly remember which particularly.

They tend to play Drunk, brecause it was the only Top 10 of the album and the first of the new millennium.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

CroMagnon

#402 Post by CroMagnon » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm

Now that we've heard Hotspot, I think it's a real shame that more of the tracks won't be getting an outing live, particularly Will-o-the-wisp, Happy People (mashed with Inside a Dream), and Hoping for a miracle.
Love comes quickly, but is a catastrophe and a bourgeois construct etc.

psbfannyc

#403 Post by psbfannyc » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 10:13 pm

domino wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 7:41 pm
dequesi wrote:
Fri 07 Feb 2020, 5:22 pm
Neil said that in an interview, hardly remember which particularly.

They tend to play Drunk, brecause it was the only Top 10 of the album and the first of the new millennium.
PLUS....since they want "people to sing along" to all the songs during their "first greatest hits tour" :cry:, the lyrics and the song title to "You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk" will be a crowd highlight I'm sure.

rashomon

#404 Post by rashomon » Tue 11 Feb 2020, 11:40 pm

As per the Herald Sun interview I think Neil mentioned they are planning to sequence the tour in reverse chronology but with songs played from the same era - so not a strict order. A great idea as it gives the boys room to move the tracks around so they flow best and keeps some element of surprise for us petheads .

Much as I love Will-o-the-wisp I don't think they'll go this route for the 4th single or even give it air-time during the tour. Rather Happy People or I don't wanna will fit the bill nicely instead.

I was originally rooting for Happy People as the 4th single but I'm now casting my vote for I don't wanna. Happy People is just too much of a close cousin of Pop Kids (which I'm sure they'll play) whereas I don't wanna as an opener would be rocking! ... those attending would be dancing from the get-go ... no irony there with the line 'I don't wanna go dancing' and Neil giving it the full thigh-slap!

Really looking forward to this show.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Nickname

#405 Post by Nickname » Wed 12 Feb 2020, 12:32 am

Anyway, they need a good song to open the concert. I don't think they are going to star with an old track, they need one of the new ones. The possibilities are Monkey Business and Dreamland. No one of them works like an oponer song. Will-o-the-Wisp works nicely for it and it could be the fourth single.
Last edited by Nickname on Wed 12 Feb 2020, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.