DREAMWORLD TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

#421 Post by canveyboy »

I’d love to hear some top 20 singles they’ve never really played on tour in the UK, such as:-

DJ Culture
I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing
Liberation
Yesterday, when I was mad
A Red Letter Day

Does anyone know if any of these singles have been played live on a UK tour before? (not festivals)
Last edited by canveyboy on Thu 05 Mar 2020, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its taken me all of my life to find you

canveyboy

#422 Post by canveyboy »

Double post

Kobalt Blew

#423 Post by Kobalt Blew »

canveyboy wrote:
Thu 05 Mar 2020, 10:16 pm
I’d love to hear some top 20 singles they’ve never really played on tour in the UK, such as:-

DJ Culture
Liberation
A Red Letter Day

Does anyone know if any of these singles have been played live on a UK tour before? (not festivals)

I'd definitely love to hear DJ Culture (a fantastic song in my opinion) and Yesterday,when I was mad. In fact also any of 'the hits' that they've not played live recently.
previously Parlophoney.

domino

#424 Post by domino »

canveyboy wrote:

DJ Culture
Liberation
A Red Letter Day

I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing was played on the Electric tour.
A Red Letter Day was part of the Release tour.
Yesterday, when I was mad, to be fair, was just played at the Somewhere residency.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Dog

#425 Post by Dog »

canveyboy wrote:I’d love to hear some top 20 singles they’ve never really played on tour in the UK, such as:-

DJ Culture
Liberation
A Red Letter Day

I wouldn’t normally do was played on the Electric tour and A red letter day was played on the Uni tour / Release tour.
Woof.

Spittingcat

#426 Post by Spittingcat »

I think Liberation would be a struggle for Neil to sing live… those others could be made to sound huge live, with only a small bit of updating.

canveyboy

#427 Post by canveyboy »

domino wrote:
Thu 05 Mar 2020, 11:33 pm
canveyboy wrote:

DJ Culture
Liberation
A Red Letter Day

I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing was played on the Electric tour.
A Red Letter Day was part of the Release tour.
Yesterday, when I was mad, to be fair, was just played at the Somewhere residency.
I completely forgot about I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing being played on Electric tour. And Red Letter Day too on Release tour!

Any other top 20 singles not been played on tour?

I still wish they’d done a little something to celebrate Please’s 30th. I don’t think they’ve ever played my favourite track from that album live - I Want a Lover - but I’d also love to hear some of those early b-sides and album tracks such as A New Life, Jack the Lad, You know where you went wrong, Hit Music, I want to wake up....one can only dream! I’m sure Chris once composed a set list of a b-sides and album tracks only show to be performed at RAH or somewhere - that would have been cool!!! Wish they’d done that for one night only, for charity or something and recorded it for release...all proceeds etc!!!!

domino

#428 Post by domino »

canveyboy wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 10:10 am
Any other top 20 singles not been played on tour?
I checked Wikipedia and hope I didn’t forgot anything. These top 20 singles weren't performed on any tour:
DJ Culture
Single-Bilingual
canveyboy wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 10:10 am
I’d also love to hear some of those early b-sides and album tracks such as A New Life, Jack the Lad, You know where you went wrong, Hit Music, I want to wake up....one can only dream! I’m sure Chris once composed a set list of a b-sides and album tracks only show to be performed at RAH or somewhere - that would have been cool!!! Wish they’d done that for one night only, for charity or something and recorded it for release...all proceeds etc!!!!
Fans wish, isn't it?! ;)
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

goughsjd

#429 Post by goughsjd »

Dog wrote:
Thu 05 Mar 2020, 11:34 pm
canveyboy wrote:I’d love to hear some top 20 singles they’ve never really played on tour in the UK, such as:-

DJ Culture
Liberation
A Red Letter Day

I wouldn’t normally do was played on the Electric tour and A red letter day was played on the Uni tour / Release tour.
Yesterday when I was mad was played on the somewhere shows
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Dog

#430 Post by Dog »

Before has rarely been played. A new Stuart Price mix could help resurrect it.
    Woof.