DREAMWORLD TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PETHEAD72

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

#31 Post by PETHEAD72 » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:31 pm

stussyboy wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:14 pm
I can’t be doing with seats at a PSB gig

Looks like it will be Bournemouth for me
100% agree!!!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

jules

#32 Post by jules » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:05 pm

I would have prefered a new tour about the new album, their greatest hits are played in every show.

missemma

#33 Post by missemma » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:19 pm

I'm looking at what AEG have on offer for Glasgow and thinking the seats are pretty poor... Is there a ticketmaster fan presale too? Otherwise I will risk it and wait for general sale so I can actually pick seats. Was thinking of taking my oldest kid for his first live show.
It's just my little tribute...

popfreak

#34 Post by popfreak » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:22 pm

missemma wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:19 pm
I'm looking at what AEG have on offer for Glasgow and thinking the seats are pretty poor... Is there a ticketmaster fan presale too? Otherwise I will risk it and wait for general sale so I can actually pick seats. Was thinking of taking my oldest kid for his first live show.
TM presale tomorrow

Marie loves PSB

#35 Post by Marie loves PSB » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:27 pm

canveyboy wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:41 am
The prices are shocking. I saw Pandemonium on both dates at the o2 in June and December of 2009 and the tickets were like £40 each for standing!!! I literally cannot afford to go anymore - but I’m happy for everyone that’s going! Hopefully it’ll be filmed and released!! ;)
Don't worry Canveyboy. :) I am "sort of" in the same boat. You may have seen me moaning elsewhere (sorry, PSB's fans!) on here about the palaver of trying to buy disabled tickets. I cannot be doing with the stress of it all and nowhere is really local to us. It will cost a bomb. But, also I am happy for everyone that's going too. :)

One of the crowd

#36 Post by One of the crowd » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:30 pm

I paid £56.25 for standing at O2 for The Chemical Brothers this November
Fishing

Luke Colorado

#37 Post by Luke Colorado » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:37 pm

Twenty years ago I would of thought the Boys would go out on something profound and unique, but these days I wouldn’t be surprised if their last world tour is a greatest hits showcase. For me, this is sad. For me, the best PSB material isn’t the hits.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Marie loves PSB

#38 Post by Marie loves PSB » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:44 pm

Luke Colorado wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:37 pm
Twenty years ago I would of thought the Boys would go out on something profound and unique, but these days I wouldn’t be surprised if their last world tour is a greatest hits showcase. For me, this is sad. For me, the best PSB material isn’t the hits.
I agree and it is sad for me to say and I will apologise for this but, I think they are touring a bit too much now. :down: I also appreciate very much that they are still around writing albums etc....

canveyboy

#39 Post by canveyboy » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:46 pm

Marie loves PSB wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:27 pm
canveyboy wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:41 am
The prices are shocking. I saw Pandemonium on both dates at the o2 in June and December of 2009 and the tickets were like £40 each for standing!!! I literally cannot afford to go anymore - but I’m happy for everyone that’s going! Hopefully it’ll be filmed and released!! ;)
Don't worry Canveyboy. :) I am "sort of" in the same boat. You may have seen me moaning elsewhere (sorry, PSB's fans!) on here about the palaver of trying to buy disabled tickets. I cannot be doing with the stress of it all and nowhere is really local to us. It will cost a bomb. But, also I am happy for everyone that's going too. :)
Yeah, unfortunately the expense couldn’t come at a worse time. 5 kids all just been kitted out with all new school stuff and also got one of their birthdays at the end of the month and another 2 weeks later so can’t justify it, or afford it. But it’s great to see the boys doing another tour and I hope everyone has an amazing time!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

BrilliantPSB

#40 Post by BrilliantPSB » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:48 pm

PETHEAD72 wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:14 am
WHY is it a greatest hits tour especially after a new album release??
It's a farewell to me.
PSB never wanted to call a compilation album a "Greatest Hit" because they thought that's only happening once youu have stopped producing.
I can read between the lines pretty well or just over analysing the whole thing?
Neil Tennant has a great voice, Chris Lowe has great silence.

jamie1978

#41 Post by jamie1978 » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:58 pm

Very mixed feelings about a 'greatest hits tour'.

I'm sure it'll be a great show, but isn't every tour essentially a greatest hits tour + 4/5 tracks from the new album?

And if they are going to release a new album in January (odd timing given the release of the single in September), surely they'll play some tracks from it? In which case it is simply the 'new tour' in a business as usual fashion.

Labelling it a 'greatest hits tour' appears to be a smash and grab on casual Radio 2 listeners while they are getting a lot of exposure on that particular radio station. Something about the whole thing just feels somewhat beneath the Pet Shop Boys project...

romy

#42 Post by romy » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 3:13 pm

A greatest hits tour doesn't mean the end.I'm sure,they still make music in the next 15 years.We often think,they retires,or didn't perform anymore.Think of the time,Ultimate came out,there was the same questions.

A greatest hits tour means,that a lot of people will buy a ticket,who knows them from radio,like the single hits etc.

romy

#43 Post by romy » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 3:15 pm

And,2020 is the 35th anniversary ,it's time for a show like this,I think.

PETHEAD72

#44 Post by PETHEAD72 » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 3:27 pm

Any of you pethead's going for the VIP packages?
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

BecciJ

#45 Post by BecciJ » Wed 11 Sep 2019, 4:56 pm

Oh ffs. Here’s some of the doom and gloom brigade again convinced it’s a final tour! Seriously?!?! They only have to announce a tv appearance and you’re sure they’re doing it to announce retirement. I bet you guys are a hoot at parties. :roll:

1. They have a new album. They’re not just fading away.
2. You get more money and ticket sales if it’s announced as a farewell tour because regular people would also decide to go as it’s the last ever tour. So it doesn’t make good business sense not to announce it as such, if that was their plan.
3. Lightened the hell up. They’ve been playing for over 30 years and are still touring and recording. Be happy with what is happening instead of this constant fear-mongering. :wall: