Page 8 of 9

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:54 am
by PETHEAD72
King1968 wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:49 am
It's all a bit odd having a greatest hits tour after the new album comes out,could it be a farewell to playing live ?
[/quot

Yes,why is it a 'gretest hits tour' after a new album??

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:06 am
by Sage
Exciting times. Let's try to keep the discussion on the announcement, not ticket prices and seatings, or the lyric video since they aren't even mentioned in the announcement!

Anyway I like the idea of a hat showcase in the tour, and the return of pointy hats.
"World tour" sounds promising, but they probably won't come to Australia.
Single release is a nice surprise, but I hope they have a proper release with remixes and maybe a b-side.

Here's a download link for the radio appearance, if anyone likes collecting these etc.
https://filebin.net/fg0jbvi6jx1y8eph (no copyright infringement intended)

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:17 am
by Tom Angel
I love Dreamland. I like the ad-libbed vocals. it has a Please feel to it if you ask me.

That is only on first listen mind you.

And thanks Retro - for My life story heads up! I've bought the album.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:21 am
by Nicholas
PETHEAD72 wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:54 am
King1968 wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:49 am
It's all a bit odd having a greatest hits tour after the new album comes out,could it be a farewell to playing live ?
Yes,why is it a 'gretest hits tour' after a new album??
Maybe the tone of this album doesn't lend itself to being the focus for a tour. Much as Elysium didn't. How many Elysium songs did they include on the Electric tour? Or any of their shows since? (Not a rhetorical question btw - please enlighten me here but I bet it's not many)

Also, for a 'heritage act' this is probably just a much more lucrative way to market it.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:25 am
by Bulldog
Nicholas wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:21 am
PETHEAD72 wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:54 am
King1968 wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 9:49 am
It's all a bit odd having a greatest hits tour after the new album comes out,could it be a farewell to playing live ?
Yes,why is it a 'gretest hits tour' after a new album??
Maybe the tone of this album doesn't lend itself to being the focus for a tour. Much as Elysium didn't. How many Elysium songs did they include on the Electric tour? Or any of their shows since? (Not a rhetorical question btw - please enlighten me here but I bet it's not many)

Also, for a 'heritage act' this is probably just a much more lucrative way to market it.
If it's a slower album then "Dreamland" would be a strange first single choice, like "So hard" was for Behaviour.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:33 am
by King1968
The 02 Is not the best venue for them in my opinion Brixton academy or the round house doing more dates at these venues would of been a better venue choice

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:35 am
by Bulldog
So, any other info from the radio show?

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:42 am
by TheGardner
Bulldog wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:35 am
So, any other info from the radio show?
Nope! Just, whats announced here.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:47 am
by drunk14
As to live gigs... They should abandon their comfort zone, at least for a single tour. Even Kylie, the sweetest and popiest of us all, played a series of concerts with lesser known songs in not too distant past. It was even released on CD if I remember correctly.

In fact, now they are going with something completely opossite. Do not see a point.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:11 pm
by Spittingcat
Do not see a point
Clearly, with the Dreamworld title… this is a big venue world tour… and probably their last… showcasing the classics makes perfect sense.

The future is probably smaller venues with fewer dates, and more aimed at fans only, they will probably go full arthouse then… this is one last big triumphant tour while they still can.

Tempus fugit.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:33 pm
by zukunft
TheGardner wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:42 am
Bulldog wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:35 am
So, any other info from the radio show?
Nope! Just, whats announced here.
Well, Neil has mentioned that "Musik" will return to London early next year for a longer run.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 1:04 pm
by Nicholas
zukunft wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 12:33 pm
TheGardner wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:42 am
Bulldog wrote:
Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:35 am
So, any other info from the radio show?
Nope! Just, whats announced here.
Well, Neil has mentioned that "Musik" will return to London early next year for a longer run.
But with Ian McKellen in the lead role.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 3:40 pm
by le petit corbusier
Sage wrote:Exciting times. Let's try to keep the discussion on the announcement, not ticket prices and seatings, or the lyric video since they aren't even mentioned in the announcement!

Anyway I like the idea of a hat showcase in the tour, and the return of pointy hats.
"World tour" sounds promising, but they probably won't come to Australia.
Single release is a nice surprise, but I hope they have a proper release with remixes and maybe a b-side.

Here's a download link for the radio appearance, if anyone likes collecting these etc.
https://filebin.net/fg0jbvi6jx1y8eph (no copyright infringement intended)
Thanks for the download!

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:10 pm
by Dog
Image

Interesting to see the extra info coded into the track Radio 2 played this morning, as shown on my digital radio.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 8:36 pm
by alig
Dreamworld sounds corny, like an Erasure tour.