PSB cameo appearance on the new The Divine Comedy's album.

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
drunk14

PSB cameo appearance on the new The Divine Comedy's album.

#1 Post by drunk14 »

Pet Shop Boys have been mentioned in a new The Divine Comedy's song called Psychological Evaluation. This funny piece of akward electropop is a record of conversation between Hannon and some infernal machine which plays a role of someone from HR departament - concerning the concept of the new album. He enumerates them in "listening section" along with some other well known synthpop bands.

I knew that Hannon always admired PSB, but now they are finally on the tape!
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

retrofuturist

Re: PSB cameo appearance on the new The Divine Comedy's album.

#2 Post by retrofuturist »

"Mentioning" Pet Shop Boys does not constitute a cameo.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

ZiggyPSB

#3 Post by ZiggyPSB »

I should remark that thee main tune of You'll Never Work In This Town Again reminds me of the "raucous" big band like tune in the Alan Turing project track Other Ranks.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

tottenhammattspurs

#5 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

The whole album is a career high point. It’s superb.
is is and isnt isnt

Sage

#6 Post by Sage »

I think we're hitting a record of the number of threads created that are barely related to PSB.
I listened to the "song" or whatever it is. it's 2:22 in where our favourite band is mentioned in a long list artists.
Really not worth posting here that someone with zero cultural relevance happened to utter the words "Pet Shop Boys" in the context of naming 22 popular artists from the 80's.

TallThinMan

#7 Post by TallThinMan »

Sage wrote: Mon 17 Jun 2019, 11:41 amReally not worth posting here that someone with zero cultural relevance happened to utter the words "Pet Shop Boys" in the context of naming 22 popular artists from the 80's.
Oh dear! Perhaps you could furnish us with the list of approved forum topics?

I was glad that the information was posted. Did you know that there’s mutual admiration between Neils Tennant and Hannon? Did you know that they both sang on Robbie Williams’ “No Regrets”? Did you know that Neil Hannon sometimes performs a wonderful live version of “Being Boring” on the piano?
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

ZiggyPSB

#8 Post by ZiggyPSB »

As a matter of fact I knew all that and more because it’s all listed on Geowayne’s lovely website here http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/extras/favorites.htm

I should add that Pet Shop Boys is muttered in the same song as The Big Bang Theory, and I wonder if most people here who’s ever watched it absolutely hates it like most people I bump into online does.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017