Annually and Agenda CD lost by Digital Stores

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

Re: Annually and Agenda CD lost by Digital Stores

#31 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sun 12 May 2019, 10:36 am

Xakrij wrote:
Sat 11 May 2019, 7:11 pm
Hello...

I can only assume that Neil and Chris support, ahem, Rough Trade, ahem, handling their bits
L (but not) OL
:lol: PSB's "bits and bobs" = **Mechandise!** :mrgreen: Rough Trade you did a much better job!

Future Lover

#32 Post by Future Lover » Mon 13 May 2019, 5:07 pm

Received it after five weeks of waiting. Also received a mail from Digital Stores after four days, offering a refund voucher. Very kind of them after all, didn't want to lie to them about not receiving it.

Zazzoo

#33 Post by Zazzoo » Tue 14 May 2019, 9:51 am

Thought it was only me having difficulties with Digital Stores... I was told by Digital Stores that DPD were "unable to find my house, and as a result had sent the product back to warehouse. "Unfortunately we are unable to resend the order back to you once it has been returned to our warehouse as we guarantee that any items will still be in sold as new condition".

I called them and finally they agreed to "manually" resend the product form the warehouse after a few quite tense phonecalls.

I spoke to DPD directly and it turns out that with these shipments of this specific PSB product, some stock was sent out mislabelled with only a postcode, but no names or addresses of the receiver, hence why there might have been issues. When I finally got mine delivered 2 weeks late, I peeled back the label and the original label was a barely legible mess.

retrofuturist

#34 Post by retrofuturist » Thu 16 May 2019, 11:09 am

Thanks Zazzoo.

This is useful information for me.

Retro. :)

retrofuturist

#35 Post by retrofuturist » Fri 17 May 2019, 10:27 pm

Greetings,

Well, that's it. I ordered Annually, paid for Annually, but I'm never going to own it...
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your message.

As your order was shipped standard we regrettably do not have details on why your order was returned back to us by the carrier.

Unfortunately we are currently out of stock of the Annually 2019.

As you have been already been refunded we would ask you to make another order for Agenda Vinyl LP.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Serena

Digital Stores Customer Services
As for buying Agenda THROUGH THEM, why the hell would I after this disgraceful "service"?

I responded with a quick e-mail noting, that if my package, including Annually was returned to them then "Surely it didn't just disappear into a black hole?!" and we should be able to work out some way for it to be posted to me, even if I have to repay them the money they so hastily refunded

31 years of fandom, and this is how I am treated?

:?

Not that there's anything they're likely to be able to do, but does anyone know if news of the terrible "service" from Digital Stores can be relayed to Pet Shop Boys or their management, so they can reflect on how the current arrangements are impacting their loyal fan base?

Retro. :evil:

Andie

#36 Post by Andie » Sat 18 May 2019, 10:42 am

^
That's beyond disappointing & annoying Retro :twisted: :(
Didn't you have the same problem with last years Annually?
I know you're in Melbourne same as me, I just don't understand how they can get it so wrong, it shouldn't be that difficult.

Tbh, with anything ordered from the OS, I now hold my breath until it actually gets here! :roll:
In a robot world, machinery is sighing, I thought I heard one crying

retrofuturist

#37 Post by retrofuturist » Sun 19 May 2019, 2:01 am

Greetings Andie,

Thanks. You're right, although interestingly the earlier Annually actually did FINALLY turn up! Doesn't sound like that will be the case this year. I have consoled myself by putting some of the refund to the Morales 12" promo of Seriously?, which to be honest, I think I'll enjoy more than the new EP. I've now managed to get Agenda in FLAC format so at least if I don't have it on CD, I have it in CD quality... and when it all boils down to it, it's the music that matters.

Looking on the bright side :)

Andie

#38 Post by Andie » Sun 19 May 2019, 9:49 am

^
Pleased to hear that last years Annually did eventually turn up! Maybe that might still happen this year - fingers crossed!!
In a robot world, machinery is sighing, I thought I heard one crying

Marie loves PSB

#39 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sun 19 May 2019, 2:07 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri 17 May 2019, 10:27 pm

31 years of fandom, and this is how I am treated?

:?

Not that there's anything they're likely to be able to do, but does anyone know if news of the terrible "service" from Digital Stores can be relayed to Pet Shop Boys or their management, so they can reflect on how the current arrangements are impacting their loyal fan base?

Retro. :evil:
To be honest - this will never happen but, we should all stop ordering from them until they sort things out. :grumble: I am dreading ordering something from them in the future. I am glad some of you have now had your orders. :D

londonnoise

#40 Post by londonnoise » Mon 20 May 2019, 1:29 am

Tell me I'm dumb. but if they released a Kindle/Apple Books/whatever version of this, wouldn't they make a few pounds at least?

Gabby

#41 Post by Gabby » Mon 20 May 2019, 4:34 pm

londonnoise wrote:
Mon 20 May 2019, 1:29 am
Tell me I'm dumb. but if they released a Kindle/Apple Books/whatever version of this, wouldn't they make a few pounds at least?
You're dumb :lol:

But actually, that would seem to be a very good idea. Maybe it takes away from some of the exclusivity of the publication a bit, but I don't really read books digitally anyway, so I wouldn't really care - I'd always try to buy the hard copy.

Future Lover

#42 Post by Future Lover » Mon 20 May 2019, 4:53 pm

londonnoise wrote:
Mon 20 May 2019, 1:29 am
Yeah, but I guess they're scared of it being shared massively, as it would, which would disincentivize the need for many to buy it. I know I wouldn't have bought it even the first time if the CD wasn't included. On the other hand, getting a yearly EP this way is a good incentive, really.

ArtHist

#43 Post by ArtHist » Mon 20 May 2019, 7:13 pm

^^^^ I think fans want something tangible to hold, such as an illustrated book like Annually. Digitised versions of books don't have the same 'feel'. I can't imagine a book such as Catalogue on a digital format, it's a beautifully produced object in its own right to say nothing of the contents. Similarly Annually has its own charm as a physical 'thing'.

Future Lover

#44 Post by Future Lover » Mon 20 May 2019, 11:33 pm

I would actually love a digital copy of "Catalogue", if only to finally get some wonderful scanned artwork, since most of their pre-Fundamental artwork is unavailable in high quality.

retrofuturist

#45 Post by retrofuturist » Tue 21 May 2019, 9:29 am

Greetings,

My misadventures with Digital Stores have just had a happy and unexpected turn! It looks like my parcel will be re-dispatched after all!

Special thanks to Zazzoo and goughsjd for sharing their experiences, which helped me to navigate the rigid protocols and roadblocks of their Customer "Service" function.