Why is Agenda on CD not sold separately?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
the8thark

#1 Post by the8thark » Fri 12 Apr 2019, 7:14 pm

A simple question. Does anyone know why the CD Agenda is only available as a bundle with Annually?
A shame as I know many people, myself included who only want the CD, not Annually as well.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here

leesmapman

Re: Why is Agenda on CD not sold separately?

#2 Post by leesmapman » Fri 12 Apr 2019, 8:05 pm

It is available digtally and on vinyl. I know, those are not my favourite media, but at least you can buy it physically on a crackling plastic disc.

the8thark

#3 Post by the8thark » Fri 12 Apr 2019, 8:23 pm

leesmapman wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019, 8:05 pm
It is available digtally and on vinyl. I know, those are not my favourite media, but at least you can buy it physically on a crackling plastic disc.
I think I'll get the bundle and give away the book on the forum. I'm sure someone here will really cherish the book more than I.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here

Greendrake

#4 Post by Greendrake » Sat 13 Apr 2019, 7:37 am

Who wants a CD these days other than fans? And fans will want the book too anyway.

Disco.

#5 Post by Disco. » Sun 14 Apr 2019, 9:48 am

Lots of cds are still being sold.

Marie loves PSB

#6 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sun 14 Apr 2019, 12:24 pm

the8thark wrote:
Fri 12 Apr 2019, 7:14 pm

A simple question. Does anyone know why the CD Agenda is only available as a bundle with Annually?
A shame as I know many people, myself included who only want the CD, not Annually as well.
I am one of these as well. :down: I really didn't want to buy Annually to be honest. I wanted just the CD. Why don't they just release CD's like they used to? Anyway, I had to buy it in the end as I don't like downloads and no record player. The book looks nice but spoilt by quite a few pages of David Walliams! (Sorry, if you are a fan). I just find him really annoying!

ArtHist

#7 Post by ArtHist » Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:34 pm

^^^ Agreed Marie, there are far more interesting people from the PSB social/professional circle who would be a good read. Just saw Courtney Pine sitting for his portrait on Sky Portrait Artist of the Year. Would love to have read an in-depth interview of his time with the Boys, on tour and recording with them. Even Patsy bloody Kensit or Cicero would have something of more value to say than Walliams!

Marie loves PSB

#8 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:52 pm

ArtHist wrote:
Sun 14 Apr 2019, 2:34 pm
^^^ Agreed Marie, there are far more interesting people from the PSB social/professional circle who would be a good read. Just saw Courtney Pine sitting for his portrait on Sky Portrait Artist of the Year. Would love to have read an in-depth interview of his time with the Boys, on tour and recording with them. Even Patsy bloody Kensit or Cicero would have something of more value to say than Walliams!
Bet they didn't think of the more interesting people from the PSB social/professional circle like you have mentioned ArtHist. I went and missed Courtney Pine. Was it any good? They could have mentioned Cicero etc... as I remembered that he was going to do some gigs. :up: Perhaps even more questions could have been answered on the questions/letters page?

retrofuturist

#9 Post by retrofuturist » Mon 15 Apr 2019, 1:30 am

Greetings,

Well there you go... they bundled the CD (i.e. the premium format) with the book, so you'd have to buy the book.

Marketing genius, case closed.

Retro. :)