Grateful, beyond belief

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
joe stalin

Re: Grateful, beyond belief

#16 Post by joe stalin » Thu 07 Feb 2019, 7:29 pm

tucky101 wrote:
Wed 06 Feb 2019, 11:00 pm
Hear hear.

I posted on another thread that this release has put a smile on my face for the first time in ages.

Have read so many stupid petty nit picking comments on this site over the past few days, beggars belief.

Probably from trump sympathisers or people who voted to leave.😂
Well I’m a leave voter and I’m loving the three tracks so far, especially stupidity.

They’re fun tracks and the production is suitably low key. Just what you’d hope for B sides

In the future those who voted leave will be seen as saviours of the UK. In the future, these tracks will be seen for what they are. Disposable nonsense. Bravo to both. ;-)

SynthMan Wales

#17 Post by SynthMan Wales » Thu 07 Feb 2019, 7:56 pm

I like the EP as a format.

I'd rather have four amazing PSB tracks in a single release, rather than four amazing PSB tracks nestling amongst 8 Meh tracks (*cough* Super *cough*)

NikacP0kac

#18 Post by NikacP0kac » Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:23 pm

SynthMan Wales wrote:
Thu 07 Feb 2019, 7:56 pm

I'd rather have four amazing PSB tracks in a single release, rather than four amazing PSB tracks nestling amongst 8 Meh tracks (*cough* Super *cough*)
Still can't quite grasp the dissatisfaction with Super - I don't think there's a weak track on it, but it's not as compact and successful as an album as Electric, it's more like a collection of good and some crass tracks, but no stinker there - no, not even Pazzo! or Happiness.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

SynthMan Wales

#19 Post by SynthMan Wales » Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:35 pm

NikacP0kac wrote:
Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:23 pm
SynthMan Wales wrote:

Still can't quite grasp the dissatisfaction with Super - I don't think there's a weak track on it, but it's not as compact and successful as an album as Electric, it's more like a collection of good and some crass tracks, but no stinker there - no, not even Pazzo! or Happiness.
Each to their own of course, but Super as a whole didn't work for this Pet Head.

Having said that, The Dictator Decides is one of my favourite PSB tracks ever so even on a release I don't particular like there is always something for me, even something exceptional.

Sithblade

Re: New EP on April: Agenda

#20 Post by Sithblade » Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:49 pm

Could Agenda be as good as Crackers International was for the other synth pop duo?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

y3potential

#21 Post by y3potential » Fri 08 Feb 2019, 12:01 am

Chris gives his look to the whingers..
Do you know the difference between the two genders..?

Old Soak

#22 Post by Old Soak » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 10:06 am

This morning feels so weird waking up without a new PSB track to savour over breakfast. Thank you so much Neil and Chris for delighting and adding a lovely sense of both surprise and anticipation to an otherwise dull week.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

alig

#23 Post by alig » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 10:14 am

Future Lover wrote:
Thu 07 Feb 2019, 6:59 pm
alig wrote:
Thu 07 Feb 2019, 6:36 pm
You sound quite shallow.
You sound pressed for no reason in particular. But I'm not gonna go and reply to your every hateful post.
Hate? I'm just wondering how you can ignore the lyrics.
"John 3:16."

joe stalin

#24 Post by joe stalin » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 10:15 am

SynthMan Wales wrote:
Thu 07 Feb 2019, 8:35 pm
NikacP0kac wrote:
SynthMan Wales wrote:

Each to their own of course, but Super as a whole didn't work for this Pet Head.

Having said that, The Dictator Decides is one of my favourite PSB tracks ever so even on a release I don't particular like there is always something for me, even something exceptional.
I tend to agree. I don’t listen to happiness, piazzo or groovy. Having said that without these three tracks, the album would be a respectable 9 tracks long. Same as electric. Perhaps less is more after all

Disco.

#25 Post by Disco. » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 10:35 am

Groovy is a great track.

Bulldog

#26 Post by Bulldog » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 11:32 am

Agenda is like being back in the Bilingual days, with "Before" and three b-sides coming out months before the album!
"It was a dark and stormy night."
"You know what's wrong with your stories? They lack subtlety."
"It was a sort of dark and kind of stormy night."

Marie loves PSB

#27 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 12:02 pm

NikacP0kac wrote:
SynthMan Wales wrote:

I enjoyed "Super" that much I have had two tattoos done. Inner Sanctum across on my chest that went a bit wrong and had to be redone. :oops: And quite a big cat with a "Super" hat on, on my leg. I know you all have different opinion's on tattoo's and some of you hate them. I think you could say that I am addicted to them.

I am so glad PSB's are still around today. :mrgreen:

Incandescent

#28 Post by Incandescent » Sat 09 Feb 2019, 1:28 pm

The fact that PSB are still releasing EP's off their own back 30+ years on is brilliant. Especially as there are so many artists now that wouldn't.

Neil has had a Bee in his Bonnet for some time regarding the state of politics across the world. Agenda is a nice little outlet for him to get things out there and stay current before we have a whole new raft of political issues to deal with.

Its also a great reminder to us as fans about what else PSB can produce as they are still in the mix of the Pure Electronic Trilogy.

The Forgotten Child is up their with their best work in my opinion.

ArtHist

#29 Post by ArtHist » Mon 11 Feb 2019, 7:59 pm

y3potential wrote:
Fri 08 Feb 2019, 12:01 am

When does that pic date from? People on here writing him off, as if he's on his last legs. He looks pretty healthy in this photo.

y3potential

#30 Post by y3potential » Tue 12 Feb 2019, 2:24 am

ArtHist wrote:
Mon 11 Feb 2019, 7:59 pm
y3potential wrote:
Fri 08 Feb 2019, 12:01 am

When does that pic date from? People on here writing him off, as if he's on his last legs. He looks pretty healthy in this photo.
I'm guessing around 10 years old. Mid noughties-ish. It's before he became invisible..
Do you know the difference between the two genders..?