New Literally

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
ArtHist

Re: New Literally

#61 Post by ArtHist » Mon 15 Apr 2019, 7:52 pm

^^^^^ Regarding "and a genuine love and warmth for the Boys"...... fill in the blanks: S _ i_ R _ a _ t

nickname

#62 Post by nickname » Tue 16 Apr 2019, 8:34 pm

Well, I remember Neil said one year ago more or less, they were writing pop songs. I think the new album is going to sound less disco and electronic than the two previous albums.

Who knows?, maybe it's going to be a PSB meets The Killers album sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqBVO0eYOI
Last edited by nickname on Fri 19 Apr 2019, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jules

#63 Post by jules » Wed 17 Apr 2019, 12:48 am

nickname wrote:
Tue 16 Apr 2019, 8:34 pm
Well, I remember Neil said a one year ago more or less, they were writing pop songs. I think the new album is going to sound less disco and electronic than the two previous albums.

Who knows?, maybe it's going to be a PSB meets The Killers album sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqBVO0eYOI
No way, i don't want another release.
julien676.skyblog.com

loveisa86

#64 Post by loveisa86 » Wed 17 Apr 2019, 6:03 pm

Why on earth do Digital Stores seem incapable of getting packages to people? Flashback to 2017, I ordered Annually, I took the free postage option. It never arrived. I contacted them and said they would send me out a replacement if they had any spares. They did and this one actually arrived. However, I was told that I should have ordered via courier. It wasn't my fault that the package never arrived. I've ordered lots in the past, free delivery, and the items have always turned up. 2018, I did order by courier, but I resented having to pay 6 or 7 pounds or whatever it was to 'guarantee' it arrived to me. Fast forward to this year, and ordered the book the day the preorders opened. I ordered it with the free delivery. It was apparently dispatched this day last week, and having saw no sign of it, decided to contact customer services. Customer Services have told me it seems to be lost, and as they have no spare copies, would I like a refund or store credit (not on your nelly if they're using the same people who send the copies of Annually out!), thus I have had to order a copy from eBay to ensure I get this year's fix of Annually. I've never had a package lost in the post until 2017, now, I've had my second item lost in the post, and again, it was Annually. I've had concert tickets worth several hundred pounds find their way safely to my door step. Bit annoyed that they have no copies, and as a result, I've had to pay double the amount of the book and CD, 40 pounds to ensure I get a copy! :grumble: :wall:

Danimal

#65 Post by Danimal » Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:28 am

Anyone in the USA receive theirs yet? Still waiting on mine.

mhvbear

#66 Post by mhvbear » Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:54 am

My copy arrived today. Much quicker this time that the last issue.

alig

#67 Post by alig » Thu 18 Apr 2019, 6:33 pm

Any scans?
"John 3:16."

Boring90

#68 Post by Boring90 » Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:01 pm

Danimal wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:28 am
Nope. I paid for the more expensive shipping service as well.
Las Vegas 1999

alig

#69 Post by alig » Fri 19 Apr 2019, 7:55 am

Walliams, are you reading this?
"John 3:16."

stussyboy

#70 Post by stussyboy » Fri 19 Apr 2019, 8:05 am

For the 2nd time in 3 Annuallys I got my question answered! I went for the Cardi B question as I suspected (correctly) that they would want to talk about it. I still think they should send her a track though, maybe self-sampling - Rent?
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles

Grover

#71 Post by Grover » Fri 19 Apr 2019, 8:14 am

leesmapman wrote:
Tue 05 Feb 2019, 1:41 pm
This time I chose the expensive shipping thing, remembering how long the cheap shipping service took last year...
Yeah, indeed. I had the same experience last year...took ages to get it delivered to the Netherlands.

However, thankfully this time I received mine almost immediately after April 12th, with the default cheaper delivery option selected. :up:

ArtHist

#72 Post by ArtHist » Fri 19 Apr 2019, 9:28 am

loveisa86 wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019, 6:03 pm
.....However, I was told that I should have ordered via courier......
If they offer a free courier service then the onus is on them to deliver, not to tell you what you should have done! Too many haphazard courier/despatch services around these days.

Boring90

#73 Post by Boring90 » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 9:00 am

Boring90 wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019, 8:01 pm
Danimal wrote:
Thu 18 Apr 2019, 12:28 am
Nope. I paid for the more expensive shipping service as well.
Mine arrived today.
Las Vegas 1999

Gareth Pugh

#74 Post by Gareth Pugh » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 12:41 pm

loveisa86 wrote:
Wed 17 Apr 2019, 6:03 pm
Why on earth do Digital Stores seem incapable of getting packages to people? Flashback to 2017, I ordered Annually, I took the free postage option. It never arrived. I contacted them and said they would send me out a replacement if they had any spares. They did and this one actually arrived. However, I was told that I should have ordered via courier. It wasn't my fault that the package never arrived. I've ordered lots in the past, free delivery, and the items have always turned up. 2018, I did order by courier, but I resented having to pay 6 or 7 pounds or whatever it was to 'guarantee' it arrived to me. Fast forward to this year, and ordered the book the day the preorders opened. I ordered it with the free delivery. It was apparently dispatched this day last week, and having saw no sign of it, decided to contact customer services. Customer Services have told me it seems to be lost, and as they have no spare copies, would I like a refund or store credit (not on your nelly if they're using the same people who send the copies of Annually out!), thus I have had to order a copy from eBay to ensure I get this year's fix of Annually. I've never had a package lost in the post until 2017, now, I've had my second item lost in the post, and again, it was Annually. I've had concert tickets worth several hundred pounds find their way safely to my door step. Bit annoyed that they have no copies, and as a result, I've had to pay double the amount of the book and CD, 40 pounds to ensure I get a copy! :grumble: :wall:
:( Oh no. Gutted to read this (whilst very grateful that you posted it, as it gives me an idea of where I likely stand, too), as I am in the same boat. Dispatch e-mail on Thursday 11th April, but no sign of the package, no Royal Mail red card, visited the local Royal Mail depot today - no, they couldn't find anything there. They cast doubt over whether it had really even been shipped!

I cannot believe Digital Stores have not done what many mail order houses selling limited editions do, which is to keep about 10-20 copies back in reserve to deal with contingencies like parcels that arrive damaged or else go missing. (That's why sometimes, 3-4 months after an item 'sells out', a small handful of extra stock is 'found' and can go up for sale - it is usually contingency copies being released on the basis that after that length of time, customers with a problem will have come forward and replacements dealt with).

I'm deeply resentful about having to pay double, like you, for my copy when i ordered and paid in good faith like lots of other fans, back in February. When Amazon's chosen carrier managed to 'lose' my Amazon-exclusive steelbook edition of the Bohemian Rhapsody Blu Ray a couple of months back, I dug my heels in with their customer service until they accepted my point that they are the ones who choose who to place their courier/carrier business with and as such, the responsibility buck stopped with them to ensure I received a copy, fair and square, without having to go out of pocket. After a long call and lots of being put on hold while the guy talked to his manager, eventually they met my insistence that they refund me whatever it cost me to get a copy via eBay - even though this was more than i'd paid them in the first place!

I doubt that will work with Digital Stores, though.

Will just have to bite the bullet. There's a separate thread started on here with another chap who is in the same situation too, I notice.
Thanks for posting, at least I now know where things are at!

East End Girl

#75 Post by East End Girl » Sat 20 Apr 2019, 6:09 pm

My copy arrived in Germany on 17th April, so that was quite fast (faster than last year).

I'm very happy with it. The 1986-interview with the comments is funny and entertaining. It's a nice idea, I'd like to read more of this.

At first sight I thought that the David Walliams-interview is quite long (maybe too long?), but then I enjoyed it very much. He really is a fan, and he found some nice, warm and true words there. " 'Never forget the power of just the two of you onstage together, because that is the quintessential image of the two of you.' As fans, we don't need a million things happening, we just want to see you." Well, I couldn't agree more with this statement.

The picture on page two is really nice.

Unfortunately I miss the diary a lot. That always was a highlight for me.

Agenda is splendid, of course. What a great extra to accompany this issue! I nearly forgot to mention it, because I'm listening to the four songs since February anyway. :)

I'm so happy that they still keep releasing Literally/Annually - even after 30 years since the first publication.
"How many of you have a copy of that?" - Well, I do. 8)