New EP in April: Agenda

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
moxlox

Re: New EP in April: Agenda

#541 Post by moxlox » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 1:47 pm

y3potential wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019, 12:42 am
..The Forgotten Child needs an extended mix. Carry on...
Exactly as I thought!

ps: I've finally listened to the new EP tracks. They did make me laugh especially with the lyric videos and red text. Forgotten Child clearly the awesome part of the EP.
Circuses and Bread

moxlox

#542 Post by moxlox » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 2:22 pm

canveyboy wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:41 am
Can you guys please move your discussion either to the off topic forum or PM each other. I come here looking for people’s reviews of the songs, music, artwork etc to do with the EP and it’s like being in an episode of question time but with added insults.

Please take it somewhere else.
Yes Please
Circuses and Bread

Disco.

#543 Post by Disco. » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 2:48 pm

I second that !!

trafaelwyr

#544 Post by trafaelwyr » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 3:15 pm

Remark wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019, 12:27 am
I completely understand and welcome differing educated viewpoints and political perspectives, but I'm beyond perplexed that people with such obtuse opinions that are so opposite (and not even in the same universe really) of what the Boys project and/or represent could possibly be fans to this level? The kind of people who often also believe that "homosexuality is wrong/immoral" as another controversial viewpoint. Granted I'm generalising, but it's extremely perplexing that our beloved Boys could be so passionately enjoyed by such conservative minded fans. The Pet Shop Boys' agenda during their entire career seems to be completely incongruent to such extreme conservative perspectives.
Your comment is a bit of backhanded compliment to others that don't share your same viewpoints by calling them obtuse. And to suggest that "the kind of people" - which I'm going to assume you mean conservative minded people - believe homosexuality is wrong/immoral is just asinine. Also, fans of musicians don't always have to agree with a singers stance / viewpoint / political leaning to enjoy their music. Same goes with actors. Since when did we promote celebrities to the position of setting morals and knowing better than the regular person? I've seen many singers, actors and other "celebrities" say and do some of the dumbest things.

le petit corbusier

#545 Post by le petit corbusier » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 8:04 pm

Oh, yes, so many posts I'd like to grab by the pussy and so little time. Damn!
Look left, then right
And run for your life

Drico One

#546 Post by Drico One » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 8:31 pm

Moderator Comment: We've let lots go up to now simply because the subject matter of the EP meant much of the discussion was on topic, but I'm drawing the line now at the repetitive and repulsive abortion comments. People can have their political disagreements - and I'll let the odd intemperate comment go - but we won't tolerate blatant trolling. We have the functionality to remove posting rights for any period of time - call it the It's a sin bin - and it'll be used if things continue in the same manner.

I think we've been more than reasonable up to now.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

canveyboy

#547 Post by canveyboy » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 8:55 pm

Drico One wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019, 8:31 pm
Moderator Comment: We've let lots go up to now simply because the subject matter of the EP meant much of the discussion was on topic, but I'm drawing the line now at the repetitive and repulsive abortion comments. People can have their political disagreements - and I'll let the odd intemperate comment go - but we won't tolerate blatant trolling. We have the functionality to remove posting rights for any period of time - call it the It's a sin bin - and it'll be used if things continue in the same manner.

I think we've been more than reasonable up to now.

Drico.
Finally!!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

scousepsbfan

#548 Post by scousepsbfan » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 9:29 pm

If Agenda was meant to provoke debate on some sensitive current affairs, I'd say this thread certainly proves that it has worked. Getting back to topic, there has always been a PSB 'agenda' in terms of highlighting issues in the world, such as ID cards (Integral) and the transparency of some 'pop' stars (Ego music). It's nothing new. I'm just grateful that we have some brand new material to tide us over until the new album.
If anyone can the Action Man can.

York Minster

#549 Post by York Minster » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:49 pm

Drico, thank you. The abortion comments, above and beyond any other, were making me sick to read here.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

retrofuturist

#550 Post by retrofuturist » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:49 pm

Greetings Drico,

Thank you for pointing out where the line has been drawn - personally, I always find such moderator notes to be very helpful. (For context, I'm actually an administrator at a 10+ year old forum myself, so I appreciate how much of a challenge it can be to make expectations clearly known, understood, and applied.)

And now that you've done so, I shall pick up on something I was remaining silent on, until such clarification was received...

Greetings FutureLover,
You might not phrased the anti-immigrant rhetoric the way I put it, but please, enlighten me on why you hate the Mexicans or whatever. Might read it after work.
I don't hate Mexicans. Where have I said anything of the sort?

The issue that concerns Trump and his supporters is illegal immigration, and the concomitant practices of drug-trafficking and human-trafficking, and the human suffering created by all these illegal activities. Conflating "Racism!" and "Legal Immigration (only)" might feel gratifying to those who enjoy shrieking leftist epithets, but the conflation of the two in the media is just globalist propaganda designed to make national sovereignty and border control appear morally repugnant. To those who can see the act of conflation, it looks either stupid, or devious (depending on who is doing it, and what their AGENDA is)

Retro. 8)
Last edited by retrofuturist on Wed 13 Feb 2019, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Old Soak

#551 Post by Old Soak » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 11:10 pm

Personally I'd be grateful if the moderators either deleted or moved to an off topic location anything political which doesn't directly refer to the E.P, it's contents of even PSB in general as it's become extremely tiresome (and in some cases loathesome) and ruined an otherwise excellent thread. I don't care about your politics, this is a fan forum. If you want to talk politics please post your opinions on a political forum.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

canveyboy

#552 Post by canveyboy » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 11:10 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019, 10:49 pm
Greetings Drico,

Thank you for pointing out where the line has been drawn - personally, I always find such moderator notes to be very helpful. (For context, I'm actually an administrator at a 10+ year old forum myself, so I appreciate how much of a challenge it can be to make expectations clearly known, understood, and applied.)

And now that you've done so, I shall pick up on something I was remaining silent on, until such clarification was received...

Greetings FutureLover,
You might not phrased the anti-immigrant rhetoric the way I put it, but please, enlighten me on why you hate the Mexicans or whatever. Might read it after work.
I don't hate Mexicans. Where have I said anything of the sort?

The issue that concerns Trump and his supporters is illegal immigration, and the concomitant practices of drug-trafficking and human-trafficking, and the human suffering created by all these illegal activities. Conflating "Racism!" and "Immigration" might feel gratifying to those who enjoy shrieking leftist epithets, but the conflation of the two in the media is just globalist propaganda designed to make national sovereignty and border control appear morally repugnant. To those who can see the act of conflation, it looks either stupid, or devious (depending on who is doing it, and what their AGENDA is)

Retro. 8)
I have absolutely no idea what any of that means.

canveyboy

#553 Post by canveyboy » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 11:11 pm

Old Soak wrote:
Wed 13 Feb 2019, 11:10 pm
Personally I'd be grateful if the moderators either deleted or moved to an off topic location anything political which doesn't directly refer to the E.P, it's contents of even PSB in general as it's become extremely tiresome (and in some cases loathesome) and ruined an otherwise excellent thread. I don't care about your politics, this is a fan forum. If you want to talk politics please post your opinions on a political forum.
Seconded.

tottenhammattspurs

#554 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Wed 13 Feb 2019, 11:38 pm

Someone here mentioned earlier that The Forgotton Child is very David Brent. To me, it’s pure Tony Ferrino!
is is and isnt isnt

minimal

#555 Post by minimal » Thu 14 Feb 2019, 12:35 am

Am I the only one realising that Drico's review is but a joke and that he's trolling us?

m+