PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
NikacP0kac
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri 10 May 2013, 12:55 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#46 Post by NikacP0kac » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm

Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:24 pm
I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...
What utter garbage this comment..I understand constructive criticism, but this is just bullshi*. I'm a Depeche Mode fan and they've been putting out the same live movie for 20 years now, Pet Shop Boys on the other hand, have each tour utterly different than the previous one and there's a "forgotten" gem every time, that makes it worth buying - Only The Wind for Montage, Shopping for Cubism, WDWLT/TDBZ combo for Pandemonium which was stunning as a whole, I'm Not Scared for the (unfortunately) unreleased Electric tour and now In The Night for Inner Sanctum.

Personally, I enjoy the later tours much more than the previous ones like Performance or DiscoVery, both of which I find pretty camp and lacking in the audio department, compared to the last three tours which were musically directed by the genius that is Stuart Price.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

User avatar
ZiggyPSB
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2007, 12:05 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#47 Post by ZiggyPSB » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:20 pm

A release of a live DVD/Bluray/CD isn't going to put off a new studio album any further than it would without this release.

Who will buy it? Well...

...fans. What a stupid question.
This is a song about boys and girls. You hear it playing all over the world.
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

User avatar
Parkol
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu 29 Dec 2005, 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#48 Post by Parkol » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:24 pm

NikacP0kac wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm
Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:24 pm
I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...
What utter garbage this comment..I understand constructive criticism, but this is just bullshi*. I'm a Depeche Mode fan and they've been putting out the same live movie for 20 years now, Pet Shop Boys on the other hand, have each tour utterly different than the previous one and there's a "forgotten" gem every time, that makes it worth buying - Only The Wind for Montage, Shopping for Cubism, WDWLT/TDBZ combo for Pandemonium which was stunning as a whole, I'm Not Scared for the (unfortunately) unreleased Electric tour and now In The Night for Inner Sanctum.

Personally, I enjoy the later tours much more than the previous ones like Performance or DiscoVery, both of which I find pretty camp and lacking in the audio department, compared to the last three tours which were musically directed by the genius that is Stuart Price.
People try not to talk about it, but people don't listen to Pandemonium concert or Cubism so often. I heard it many times. I didn't buy them and I don't regret.
I really love Concrete, it's amazing, and there's no DVD or BR, but there was the orchestra, Nothing has been proved and etc...

User avatar
NikacP0kac
Posts: 1318
Joined: Fri 10 May 2013, 12:55 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#49 Post by NikacP0kac » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:47 pm

Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:24 pm
NikacP0kac wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm
Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:24 pm
I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...
What utter garbage this comment..I understand constructive criticism, but this is just bullshi*. I'm a Depeche Mode fan and they've been putting out the same live movie for 20 years now, Pet Shop Boys on the other hand, have each tour utterly different than the previous one and there's a "forgotten" gem every time, that makes it worth buying - Only The Wind for Montage, Shopping for Cubism, WDWLT/TDBZ combo for Pandemonium which was stunning as a whole, I'm Not Scared for the (unfortunately) unreleased Electric tour and now In The Night for Inner Sanctum.

Personally, I enjoy the later tours much more than the previous ones like Performance or DiscoVery, both of which I find pretty camp and lacking in the audio department, compared to the last three tours which were musically directed by the genius that is Stuart Price.
People try not to talk about it, but people don't listen to Pandemonium concert or Cubism so often. I heard it many times. I didn't buy them and I don't regret.
I really love Concrete, it's amazing, and there's no DVD or BR, but there was the orchestra, Nothing has been proved and etc...
I don't listen to them that often as I do the studio work, but I NEVER listen to the tours from DiscoVery backwards.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

le petit corbusier
Posts: 1785
Joined: Tue 20 Mar 2007, 10:42 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#50 Post by le petit corbusier » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:00 pm

NikacP0kac wrote:
Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:24 pm
NikacP0kac wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 9:16 pm
What utter garbage this comment..I understand constructive criticism, but this is just bullshi*. I'm a Depeche Mode fan and they've been putting out the same live movie for 20 years now, Pet Shop Boys on the other hand, have each tour utterly different than the previous one and there's a "forgotten" gem every time, that makes it worth buying - Only The Wind for Montage, Shopping for Cubism, WDWLT/TDBZ combo for Pandemonium which was stunning as a whole, I'm Not Scared for the (unfortunately) unreleased Electric tour and now In The Night for Inner Sanctum.

Personally, I enjoy the later tours much more than the previous ones like Performance or DiscoVery, both of which I find pretty camp and lacking in the audio department, compared to the last three tours which were musically directed by the genius that is Stuart Price.
People try not to talk about it, but people don't listen to Pandemonium concert or Cubism so often. I heard it many times. I didn't buy them and I don't regret.
I really love Concrete, it's amazing, and there's no DVD or BR, but there was the orchestra, Nothing has been proved and etc...
I don't listen to them that often as I do the studio work, but I NEVER listen to the tours from DiscoVery backwards.
To be fair, I like the megabass version of Left to my own devices with full orchestral outro on Discovery. And the covers and mashups, as well. And Paninaro. Discovery is great.

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk

Look left, then right
And run for your life

TallThinMan
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun 04 Jun 2006, 6:50 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#51 Post by TallThinMan » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:11 pm

I think I’ll skip this. I guess I’m not the completionist I used to be. I never watch or listen to recordings of the live shows. The ROH show was unbelievably thrilling in 2016, slightly less so last year (just through familiarity) and now I’m ready for new music please.

For those that were waiting for this, I’m really pleased for you. It looks like a good package.

User avatar
ZiggyPSB
Posts: 2200
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2007, 12:05 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#52 Post by ZiggyPSB » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:00 pm

I hope the blurb on the back as seen on Amazon.co.uk is in English when it comes.
This is a song about boys and girls. You hear it playing all over the world.
Image
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

User avatar
coufy
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri 05 Aug 2011, 12:16 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#53 Post by coufy » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:30 pm

Once i watched 3sat show and right after Rock in Rio and I must say that Rock in Rio won the run as the crowd is massive.
Pet Shop Boys Technology
www.pet-shop-boys.eu

leesmapman
Posts: 1253
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#54 Post by leesmapman » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:44 pm

we finally get a PSB concert on BR! if this sells well, maybe they will consider putting Discovery, the 1989 tour, etc on optical discs!

User avatar
PSB-90
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed 25 Mar 2015, 12:24 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#55 Post by PSB-90 » Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:47 pm

Not available to pre-order direct from PSB website?...strange!
I'm amazed more people haven't commented on this. It is very strange and has surely never happened before that the main link isn't to the Official Store.

Leaving aside the Kremlinology, very chuffed it has actually finally materialised. It looks great and have got my pre-order in the bag from Rough Trade.

Old Soak
Posts: 734
Joined: Tue 03 Apr 2012, 11:06 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#56 Post by Old Soak » Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:03 am

Back on Amazon as available, just ordered
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

User avatar
Pod
Posts: 1996
Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#57 Post by Pod » Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:07 am

Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:33 pm
Pod wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:30 pm
Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:24 pm
I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...
‘Useless stuff’? Hmm :roll:
Well, let's compare Concrete or Performance... or even Montage with Pandemonium, Cubism.
Ok, lets. I have no idea what you have against these. To call them ‘useless’ is a tad strong in my opinion - they are decent live outings.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

User avatar
Boring90
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed 22 Oct 2008, 12:34 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#58 Post by Boring90 » Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:35 am

leesmapman wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:44 pm
we finally get a PSB concert on BR! if this sells well, maybe they will consider putting Discovery, the 1989 tour, etc on optical discs!
Hopefully! Add 'It Couldn't Happen Here' as well.
Las Vegas 1999

User avatar
Parkol
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu 29 Dec 2005, 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#59 Post by Parkol » Wed 30 Jan 2019, 8:26 am

Pod wrote:
Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:07 am
Parkol wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:33 pm
Pod wrote:
Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:30 pm


‘Useless stuff’? Hmm :roll:
Well, let's compare Concrete or Performance... or even Montage with Pandemonium, Cubism.
Ok, lets. I have no idea what you have against these. To call them ‘useless’ is a tad strong in my opinion - they are decent live outings.
One of their best concerts Concrete - no video, no DVD... nothing
Release tour (live instruments, drummer, guitars, etc) - no video, no dvd...

But Inner Sanctum was on YouTube, German TV and... they still want to release it on DVD...

I mean, their best concerts had to be released much earlier and they release only the last.

User avatar
oakey
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat 27 Apr 2013, 5:07 pm
Contact:

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#60 Post by oakey » Wed 30 Jan 2019, 8:35 am

"Last week I heard songs on the radio, why should they be released on CD?"

What a weird statement. I am extremely happy that the boys care about physical releases in a time when most artists don't care anymore about video discs, let alone in HD.

If you don't want it, don't buy it.

Concrete was not recorded on video, so that is why there is no video release. Same for Release tour (which I consider their commercial low, which may also explain the lack of funds for a video recording).

The older material certainly is great, and Discovery, Highlights and Somewhere need a decent DVD release (or better: an SD bluray with HD sound, which could hold all three, see eg https://www.amazon.com/Tina-Turner-Conc ... B00H4B7TVQ)

Problem is that 4:3 formatted analogue video-sourced recordings from the 80s/90s do not look great on modern large TV's so re-releases of this older stuff will only be of interest to hardcore fans.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 11 guests