PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
York Minster

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#196 Post by York Minster »

I have found disc 1 of the 2CDs is fairly re-listenable. Pop Kids/In The Night/Burn is the most re-playable. Disc 2 I don't have any desire to listen to except Home and Dry for the nice take on The Enigma at the end.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

TwizzleUK

#197 Post by TwizzleUK »

I received this days before we mounted a new 50 inch telly on the wall. Used the Blu-ray to test it out. Perfect thing to use with all the bright colours and dynamic camera angles. Both concerts look amazing - although the sound quality of the Rio performance is terrible.

lucienchardon

#198 Post by lucienchardon »

I've been listening to the concert a lot as I transferred the tracks to my phone so I could listen to them on my commute to work. The highlights for me are In The Night, Burn, Love Is A Bourgeois Construct, Love etc., The Dictator Decides, The Enigma and Left To My Own Devices.

Niall

#199 Post by Niall »

NikacP0kac wrote: Thu 23 May 2019, 6:48 pm
Niall wrote: Thu 23 May 2019, 4:54 pm Is Inside A Dream missing from the CD? It's want I most wanted to relive. :-/
You probably missed it as it's mixed with The Dictator Decides - track #9 on CD1.
For some reason it hasn't copied to my iPod although The Dictator Decides has! I'm going to check the CD now.
Evertonians are born not manufactured.
We do not choose; we are chosen.
Those who understand need no explanation.
Those that don't understand don't matter.

domino

#200 Post by domino »

I didn't know where else to put it:

The digital album to that show is available on Spotify. While it had the red/circled DVD cover until a few weeks ago, it now shows the words "INNER SANCTUM" in yellow within a pink circle surrounded by white, basically the Super album style.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Metarakete

#201 Post by Metarakete »

Spotify still has both versions in its library. The one with the pink circle cover has a release date of 8 January 2018 which makes no sense at all since the album, as we all know, was recorded in July of 2018.
Amazon Music only has the classic album cover on offer.
Oh, and the pink cover version doesn't have "Live at ROH, 2018" in the title.

Harry

#202 Post by Harry »

Maybe they thought the pink and yellow cover looked neater on digital platforms and changed it! It is easier to see.
Heaven is possible,
AFTER ALL.

canveyboy

#204 Post by canveyboy »

York Minster wrote: Thu 30 May 2019, 5:38 pm I have found disc 1 of the 2CDs is fairly re-listenable. Pop Kids/In The Night/Burn is the most re-playable. Disc 2 I don't have any desire to listen to except Home and Dry for the nice take on The Enigma at the end.
Thanks for that information.
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Nicholas

#205 Post by Nicholas »

domino wrote: Wed 03 Jan 2024, 8:33 am I didn't know where else to put it:

The digital album to that show is available on Spotify. While it had the red/circled DVD cover until a few weeks ago, it now shows the words "INNER SANCTUM" in yellow within a pink circle surrounded by white, basically the Super album style.
On a similar note: Yesterday, Super on Spotify had the lovely blue circle with pink writing cover, but right now it has the slightly less lovely bright green circle with red-orange writing cover (which may originally have been an Amazon exclusive or something?). Bit ODD.

Gabby

#206 Post by Gabby »

Nicholas wrote: Thu 04 Jan 2024, 2:58 pm

On a similar note: Yesterday, Super on Spotify had the lovely blue circle with pink writing cover, but right now it has the slightly less lovely bright green circle with red-orange writing cover (which may originally have been an Amazon exclusive or something?). Bit ODD.
Didn't Doja Cat do something with her Hot Pink album where she had prior images made pink to promote it? If it's an intentional ruse by PSB could it in some way suggest what the album title might be? then again it's probably just Spotify noodling around with stuff for no reason.

Nicholas

#207 Post by Nicholas »

Gabby wrote: Thu 04 Jan 2024, 9:56 pm

Didn't Doja Cat do something with her Hot Pink album where she had prior images made pink to promote it? If it's an intentional ruse by PSB could it in some way suggest what the album title might be? then again it's probably just Spotify noodling around with stuff for no reason.
This is a lovely idea but tbh I think they’re just tidying it all up a bit. Although if that’s the case they’d do well to address the dozens of database errors on the PSB official site first.

Gabby

#208 Post by Gabby »

Nicholas wrote: Thu 04 Jan 2024, 10:14 pm
Gabby wrote: Thu 04 Jan 2024, 9:56 pm

This is a lovely idea but tbh I think they’re just tidying it all up a bit. Although if that’s the case they’d do well to address the dozens of database errors on the PSB official site first.
Yeah, I know. Be cool to have a neat campaign, but there's been plenty of build up already with a fair amount of detail. It's not really lending itself to a mystery/clandestine campaign like Super (almost) was. lol. Didn't it take about 5 seconds for people to determine that "What is Super?" was the new PSB album? It was too bad, as that could have been a much longer campaign if people hadn't figured it out so quickly.

synthpopfan

#209 Post by synthpopfan »

The pink circle artwork with INNER SANCTUM written in yellow, actually dates back the official 2016 release of...https://www.discogs.com/master/949157-P ... r-Sanctum

Gabby

#210 Post by Gabby »

synthpopfan wrote: Thu 11 Jan 2024, 10:19 pm The pink circle artwork with INNER SANCTUM written in yellow, actually dates back the official 2016 release of...https://www.discogs.com/master/949157-P ... r-Sanctum
Well remembered!