PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#106 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Harry wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019, 12:04 pm This is out next Friday! I’m excited about it (I know that’s not the general mood of the forum). I’m picking mine up from Rough Trade in Shoreditch along with the Agenda vinyl.

It has emerged that the sound on the Blu-ray will be PCM Stereo and DTS HD Master Audio 5.1.

The DVD sound will be Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

Gorgeous green, pink, purple and orange discs by Farrow. Roll-on Friday!
Ohhh good! I am looking very much forward to the DVD too. :clap: :dance: :up: Mine is "hopefully" being sent in the post from Rough Trade.

canveyboy

#107 Post by canveyboy »

Marie loves PSB wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019, 12:11 pm
Harry wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019, 12:04 pm This is out next Friday! I’m excited about it (I know that’s not the general mood of the forum). I’m picking mine up from Rough Trade in Shoreditch along with the Agenda vinyl.

It has emerged that the sound on the Blu-ray will be PCM Stereo and DTS HD Master Audio 5.1.

The DVD sound will be Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

Gorgeous green, pink, purple and orange discs by Farrow. Roll-on Friday!
Ohhh good! I am looking very much forward to the DVD too. :clap: :dance: :up: Mine is "hopefully" being sent in the post from Rough Trade.
Yeah me too. I hope Rough Trade dispatch so that it arrives on Friday!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

onzio

#108 Post by onzio »

Hey, is there anyone expert enough to confirm if Amazon is going to deliver the DVD/BLU RAY/CD before friday in order to arrive on the date of release or it will be dispatched on friday and will arrive early next week?
:?
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

Bulldog

#109 Post by Bulldog »

onzio wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019, 1:56 pm Hey, is there anyone expert enough to confirm if Amazon is going to deliver the DVD/BLU RAY/CD before friday in order to arrive on the date of release or it will be dispatched on friday and will arrive early next week?
AFAIK you can track it only through your Amazon account. Unlike eBay, Amazon does not give you the proper shipping code but a different ID tracking code, which doesn't seem to work with tracking services like 17track. (I think it's meant as a reference code in case of shipment issues). And yes, Amazon tracking is often annoyingly imprecise.

NikacP0kac

#110 Post by NikacP0kac »

Any digital audio-only release of this? I'm looking on iTunes, Deezer etc. but have found nothing as of yet.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

tottenhammattspurs

#111 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Bulldog wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019, 7:14 pm
onzio wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019, 1:56 pm Hey, is there anyone expert enough to confirm if Amazon is going to deliver the DVD/BLU RAY/CD before friday in order to arrive on the date of release or it will be dispatched on friday and will arrive early next week?
AFAIK you can track it only through your Amazon account. Unlike eBay, Amazon does not give you the proper shipping code but a different ID tracking code, which doesn't seem to work with tracking services like 17track. (I think it's meant as a reference code in case of shipment issues). And yes, Amazon tracking is often annoyingly imprecise.
My amazon order is telling me I won’t get it til next Tuesday.
is is and isnt isnt

Bulldog

#112 Post by Bulldog »

It's probably a limit date.

onzio

#113 Post by onzio »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2019, 9:56 am
Bulldog wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019, 7:14 pm
My amazon order is telling me I won’t get it til next Tuesday.
Thank you very much, you seem to be the only one to understand my worry!

I thought my question was clear and simple but probably I have to explain it:
date of release: april 12th
question: is Amazon allowed to ship the DVD before this date in order to arrive to destination on april 12th, or Amazon should wait the release date april 12th to make the DVD leave their warehouse?

I know how to track a shipment...
By the way, I'm an Amazon prime subscriber, but the desitination is at my workplace so sat&sun will be closed.
So probably no DVD on the weekend. It is my birthday present. :(
The Onzio on Spotify
The Onzio on YouTube
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

ZiggyPSB

#114 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Yeah my delivery date is flipping April 17th, with Amazon Prime expedited delivery. Whhhhyyyyy? Is Amazon in sympathy slacking on its Pet Shop Boys items like the official PSB store does?

Still the answer to your question and mine is: who the feck knows?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

TwizzleUK

#115 Post by TwizzleUK »

Amazon often ship before release date. For example, I ordered New Order's 'Movement (Definitive Edition)' with Amazon Prime which was released in the shops last Friday (5 April). Prior to it being shipped, it said expected delivery was the following Wednesday (10 April), but it shipped on Thu (4 April) and I received it on the release date (5 April).

I guess it's Amazon's way of managing customer expectations in the event of any delay from the manufacturers/distributers.

Similarly, I have 'Inner Sanctum' pre-ordered, and it currently status 'Arriving 17 April' (next Weds) and release date this Friday, 12 April. I expect it to ship on Thursday 11 April and arrive on release date, as 'Movement' did last week.

Hope that helps, but bear in mind sometimes deliveries can be as late as 9pm - so you may have left the office for the day, even if it does turn up on Friday!

tottenhammattspurs

#116 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

TwizzleUK wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2019, 3:01 pm Amazon often ship before release date. For example, I ordered New Order's 'Movement (Definitive Edition)' with Amazon Prime which was released in the shops last Friday (5 April). Prior to it being shipped, it said expected delivery was the following Wednesday (10 April), but it shipped on Thu (4 April) and I received it on the release date (5 April).

I guess it's Amazon's way of managing customer expectations in the event of any delay from the manufacturers/distributers.

Similarly, I have 'Inner Sanctum' pre-ordered, and it currently status 'Arriving 17 April' (next Weds) and release date this Friday, 12 April. I expect it to ship on Thursday 11 April and arrive on release date, as 'Movement' did last week.

Hope that helps, but bear in mind sometimes deliveries can be as late as 9pm - so you may have left the office for the day, even if it does turn up on Friday!
That Movement box-set is a thing of beauty isn't it! The sound on the vinyl is just superb and the book is a great read.
is is and isnt isnt

TwizzleUK

#117 Post by TwizzleUK »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm That Movement box-set is a thing of beauty isn't it! The sound on the vinyl is just superb and the book is a great read.
Yes, the book and whole package is beautiful. Unfortunately, its arrival corresponded with the start of building work in my house, so I've not been able to play the vinyl on my Technics yet, but I whacked the 2 x CDs into my iPod and have watched some of the DVD on my tablet - which has surprisingly good audio quality too! A great package, if very expensive.

Bulldog

#118 Post by Bulldog »

Not going to buy it, I think. I don't want to sound overdramatic but on a personal level I haven't got any nice memory to associate with the entire Super era (which is the most important thing for a record), so I'll just move on... I probably listened more to Agenda in a month or so than to Super in three years.

York Minster

#119 Post by York Minster »

Bulldog wrote: Tue 09 Apr 2019, 7:20 pm Not going to buy it, I think. I don't want to sound overdramatic but on a personal level I haven't got any nice memory to associate with the entire Super era (which is the most important thing for a record), so I'll just move on... I probably listened more to Agenda in a month or so than to Super in three years.
I bought it but I feel the same way. I mainly bought it because they did a double CD, and there were a couple tracks that sounded good to me at the show, like Love Comes Quickly. But I wasn't excited to purchase.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

Future Lover

#120 Post by Future Lover »

To bring some positivity here, since the Boys scoop this forum from time to time (hi!), I think this is one of the best-looking products they've ever released. I love the fact that it's as complete as it can be. I might find a flaw with the way the specific moments sound or look (it has been low on bass in the recordings we've had), but overall, a triumph. Wish they re-released all their tours in this manner. I also loved the album as well, and it's an odd thing to hate it because of that, since they performed only a couple of tracks from it.