PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
canveyboy

PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#1 Post by canveyboy »

Pet Shop Boys today announce the release on DVD, Blu-ray and CD of their show ‘Inner Sanctum’, filmed at London’s Royal Opera House during a sold-out run last summer.

Staged by designer Es Devlin and choreographer/director Lynne Page, the show was filmed by director David Barnard and will be released on 12 April 2019.

The full-length film on DVD and Blu-ray is accompanied by two CDs of the complete audio of the live show plus a bonus feature of PSB live at Rock in Rio, which was filmed on 17 September 2017 at the Brazilian festival.

'Inner Sanctum' is available to pre-order now from the link below.

www.petshopboys.co.uk
Its taken me all of my life to find you

britboy

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#2 Post by britboy »

Great news.. wish there was a 3D Blu-ray though.

RMC

#3 Post by RMC »

If you look at the packaging on the Amazon link it’s 4 discs and it looks great.

canveyboy

#4 Post by canveyboy »

RMC wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:24 am If you look at the packaging on the Amazon link it’s 4 discs and it looks great.
Yeah, bit odd though that the dvd and blu ray are packaged together. You don’t have a choice of format - you have to buy both. Never seen that before.

le petit corbusier

#5 Post by le petit corbusier »

All this waiting and they can't even have a propper release on VHS. In this day an age, one has to wonder, do they still bother? And how am I supposed to listen to the audio if there isn't even a vinyl?

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk

Look left, then right
And run for your life

NikacP0kac

#6 Post by NikacP0kac »

canveyboy wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:28 am
RMC wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:24 am If you look at the packaging on the Amazon link it’s 4 discs and it looks great.
Yeah, bit odd though that the dvd and blu ray are packaged together. You don’t have a choice of format - you have to buy both. Never seen that before.
Don't nag, the price is incredible for the content. :mrgreen:
Can't wait for this, the cover art is lovely and vibrant.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

canveyboy

#7 Post by canveyboy »

NikacP0kac wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:57 am
canveyboy wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:28 am
Don't nag, the price is incredible for the content. :mrgreen:
Can't wait for this, the cover art is lovely and vibrant.
Not nagging, just a tad disappointed that I’m paying for a blu ray that is of no use to me whatsoever. However I agree that the packaging is nice,as expected and I’m looking forward to the ‘old skool’ DVD and CD’s, although I’m already worrying about not having any ‘square’ artwork to use when I copy the CD’s to my iTunes and iPhone!!

But yeah the price is fantastic for what you get!

Of course, once I’ve purchased it, if I want it in HD then I’ll have to find someone with a blu ray drive on their computer who can do me an HD MP4 rip!

Also looking forward to the double live album! That’s 3 official live albums from the boys now! Will be great to have these brilliant versions officially released. Can’t wait.
Last edited by canveyboy on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sage

#8 Post by Sage »

Here's the product link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N3XJ65P/

It's too bad there's no UHD Blu-ray release. The format has been around for 3 years and is basically the standard.
Regular Blu-ray is old technology. The lasers would look great in 4k. (it's 4 times the resolution!)

I'm looking forward to the release,
although both the Inner Sanctum and Rock in Rio shows can be seen on Youtube so this is nothing new.
canveyboy wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:28 am I’m already worrying about not having any ‘square’ artwork to use when I copy the CD’s to my iTunes and iPhone!!
Here it is

Took 2 seconds.

NikacP0kac

#9 Post by NikacP0kac »

Sage wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:12 pmI'm looking forward to the release,
although both the Inner Sanctum and Rock in Rio shows can be seen on Youtube so this is nothing new.
The Inner Sanctum show is about half an hour longer and in proper lossless audio quality on this release, I say it's worth it for In The Night alone.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

oakey

#10 Post by oakey »

Great news, not complaining.

I do 4K UHD but any hd release is already more than I hoped for.

Pre-ordered from amazon, 21 pounds for 4 discs is decent too!
Last edited by oakey on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leesmapman

#11 Post by leesmapman »

NikacP0kac wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:29 pm The Inner Sanctum show is about half an hour longer and in proper lossless audio quality on this release, I say it's worth it for In The Night alone.

True.

Hope there'll be audio-commentary. I loved it on the other concerts.

canveyboy

#12 Post by canveyboy »

Sage wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 12:12 pm Here's the product link:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N3XJ65P/

It's too bad there's no UHD Blu-ray release. The format has been around for 3 years and is basically the standard.
Regular Blu-ray is old technology. The lasers would look great in 4k. (it's 4 times the resolution!)

I'm looking forward to the release,
canveyboy wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:28 am I’m already worrying about not having any ‘square’ artwork to use when I copy the CD’s to my iTunes and iPhone!!
Here it is

Took 2 seconds.
Yep, already done it myself!

PETHEAD72

#13 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Not available to pre-order direct from PSB website?...strange!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

oakey

#14 Post by oakey »

a bonus feature of PSB live at Rock in Rio, which was filmed on 17 September 2017 at the Brazilian festival
Do we know what this is? Is this a full show/broadcast on video? That is a really great bonus indeed.

greenmile

#15 Post by greenmile »

oakey wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 1:15 pm
a bonus feature of PSB live at Rock in Rio, which was filmed on 17 September 2017 at the Brazilian festival
Do we know what this is? Is this a full show/broadcast on video? That is a really great bonus indeed.
It's the festival version of the Super tour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqCWG2EdNAg