Domino Dancing (Alternative Alternative Versions)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Domino Dancing (Alternative Alternative Versions)

#1 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Browsing through my digital Pet Shop Boys collection, I have...

Domino Dancing (Alternative Mix) on the Domino Dancing CD single, clocking in at 4:27
Domino Dancing (Alternative Version) on the Essential compilation CD, clocking in at 4:42
Domino Dancing (Alternative Version) on the Further Listening 1988-1989 CD, clocking in at 4:52

Those are some pretty significant time variations, and I'm sure that none of these versions are buttressed by 10 or more seconds of silence... which leads to the very real conclusion that all three are actually unique "alternative" versions.

Is there's someone who is a fan of these, who may be able to elaborate on the differences between these three tracks?

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

misterme

Re: Domino Dancing (Alternative Alternative Versions)

#2 Post by misterme »

The version from the original CD single is an early fade out of the version from the further listening CD. The latter reveals another 30 seconds of guitar solo at the end and fades out eventually.
I don't have the Essential CD, so I don't know the variation it offers. I guess the fade out is placed somewhere in-between those two tracks.

lu2

#3 Post by lu2 »

Here are the wave forms of those tracks.
Attachments
Domino Dancing (Alternative).jpg
Domino Dancing (Alternative).jpg (652.84 KiB) Viewed 2951 times

retrofuturist

#4 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Thank you both for the analyses... it does indeed seem to relate to different fadeouts.... the CD single version being early, the Essential version being late, but relatively fast, and the Further Listening version being late, but relatively slow.

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

james23_uk

#5 Post by james23_uk »

Not a bad little bootleg mix here that I came across while researching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucyu1Z96Pxc
at rock bottom :wall:

DJAMIX

#6 Post by DJAMIX »

james23_uk wrote: Thu 17 Jan 2019, 7:52 pm Not a bad little bootleg mix here that I came across while researching this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucyu1Z96Pxc
Great finding!
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)