In my house

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Old Soak

In my house

#1 Post by Old Soak » Tue 18 Dec 2018, 7:05 pm

Has there ever been a fan-based remix of In my house as a standalone track? Can't find one on YouTube and it's ripe for its own extended dance mix IMO
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

TwizzleUK

Re: In my house

#2 Post by TwizzleUK » Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:10 pm

I think it's a real missed "opportunity" that they've never played the Introspective version of 'Always On My Mind/In My House' live before - it'd make a cracking encore. Hope they get around to it someday. Imagine that build-up/crescendo towards the end where the single riff comes in played live..!

York Minster

#3 Post by York Minster » Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:16 pm

You always said it ripe for it's own mix that's true, but no one else really thought that too, it was on your mind and in your dreams, you should have stopped to make them see it was always...it was AL-WAYS...it's not really a standalone song I thought you knew, the Pet Shoppers extended the track just for you, remixers never really had the time, because it's just some extra rap over always on my mind...you were AL-WAYS
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

G_Goalden

#4 Post by G_Goalden » Wed 19 Dec 2018, 7:25 pm

I think it's a real missed "opportunity" that they've never played the Introspective version of 'Always On My Mind/In My House' live before - it'd make a cracking encore. Hope they get around to it someday. Imagine that build-up/crescendo towards the end where the single riff comes in played live..!

I was hoping they would do it at the Royal Opera ‘House’. I giess the set was sequenced for the whole tour and wouldn’t have quite worked elsewhere.
Birmingham 1989 | Blackpool & Birmingham 1991| Savoy 1997 | Sheffield 1999 | Middlesbrough 2002 | Manchester 2006/9 | Manchester 2013 | ROH 2016 | RAH 2017

onzio

#5 Post by onzio » Thu 20 Dec 2018, 11:50 am

Am I the only one who used to think that the title is a contraction of:

- Always on my mind
- Always in my house

Instead of In my House?

Sorry it was 30 years ago. :)
Expressing passion, explaining pain
This is my kind of music

davee

#6 Post by davee » Thu 20 Dec 2018, 5:18 pm

York Minster wrote:
Wed 19 Dec 2018, 3:16 pm
You always said it ripe for it's own mix that's true, but no one else really thought that too, it was on your mind and in your dreams, you should have stopped to make them see it was always...it was AL-WAYS...it's not really a standalone song I thought you knew, the Pet Shoppers extended the track just for you, remixers never really had the time, because it's just some extra rap over always on my mind...you were AL-WAYS
** APPLAUSE **

8)