Thoughts are free

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Pod

Thoughts are free

#1 Post by Pod » Sat 03 Nov 2018, 2:16 am

Apologies if this has already been covered - I searched the forum to no avail. The official website notes on this day in 2011 Chris composed music for the German poem ‘Thoughts are free’. I’ve never heard it, was it released for any special event at all?
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Dog

Re: Thoughts are free

#2 Post by Dog » Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:23 am

From Geowayne:

Thoughts Are Free
The Boys' setting of a German poem, "Die Gedanken sind frei," that dates back at least to the early 1800s. (It has previously been set to music and has long served as a German folk song—with both the poet and composer unknown—but the new PSB music is original.) They worked on it in November 2011, again during their writing sessions for Elysium, although they envisioned it as part of their aforementioned project of putting various poems to music.
Woof.

Pod

Re: Thoughts are free

#3 Post by Pod » Sat 03 Nov 2018, 12:44 pm

Dog wrote:
Sat 03 Nov 2018, 8:23 am
From Geowayne:

Thoughts Are Free
The Boys' setting of a German poem, "Die Gedanken sind frei," that dates back at least to the early 1800s. (It has previously been set to music and has long served as a German folk song—with both the poet and composer unknown—but the new PSB music is original.) They worked on it in November 2011, again during their writing sessions for Elysium, although they envisioned it as part of their aforementioned project of putting various poems to music.
Thanks - I should have thought of going to geowayne. Thanks again.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.