Hypothetical Poll. If Cardi B covers PSB

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

If Cardi B covers a PSB song and raps all over it, what do you think your feelings will be?

That sounds amazing, top 10 for the PSB in the US once again!
22%
I guess there is a chance it would be interesting, but probably horrific
13%
Cardi B? I can't even understand her words. Please do not.
17%
I would hate it. But she's a fan, and it would introduce new fans to PSB music, so sure.
9%
Who is Cardi B? Wut?
39%

Total votes: 23

York Minster

Hypothetical Poll. If Cardi B covers PSB

#1 Post by York Minster » Mon 22 Oct 2018, 2:48 am

Could happen. She's a fan. She tweets about their lyrics. Who knows.
And tryin' to figure out what happened to 'Germaine Propaine'
"He couldn't have fell off that hard" Ain't no way
"What happened to the way you was rappin' when you was scandalous
That Canibus turned into a television evangelist"
Plus he raps with his regular voice [BOOSH! BOOSH!]
[BOOSH! BOOSH!] (What was that?) Pet Shop Boys

glennjridge

Re: Hypothetical Poll. If Cardi B covers PSB

#2 Post by glennjridge » Mon 22 Oct 2018, 5:19 am

She's got nice ta ta's

Pod

#3 Post by Pod » Mon 22 Oct 2018, 6:55 pm

Who?
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

D.J.

#4 Post by D.J. » Thu 25 Oct 2018, 9:02 pm

Forget about the cover, it would be awesome if PSB recorded a brand new song with Cardi B. She raps like a savage (I mean it as a complement), has an amazing energy and crazy attitude, it would be great contrast to Neal, kinda like what she did with Maroon 5 on "Girls Like You."

minimal

#5 Post by minimal » Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:50 am

D.J. wrote:
Thu 25 Oct 2018, 9:02 pm
Forget about the cover, it would be awesome if PSB recorded a brand new song with Cardi B. She raps like a savage (I mean it as a complement), has an amazing energy and crazy attitude, it would be great contrast to Neal, kinda like what she did with Maroon 5 on "Girls Like You."
One thing that really bothers or annoys me nowadays is that PSB only show interest for old farts and work with the same people all over again. So probably that ain't gonna happen. They even had the chance to collaborate with Years & Years which they obv did but then again it wasn't released. Would have been appreciated as Olly Alexander is an interesting representative of the queer community. They lost connection and track of recent developments when it comes to pop culture and instead work again and again with a producer whose music sounded dated even at a time when he was en vogue (no offense, Stuart, I love parts of your work). I'm sorry to say so but I've got no interest whatsoever in part 3 of that mediocre trilogy. Electric was crazy and fresh and genius. Super is a mediocre affair at best. They really need a new creative environment and should best sign to MUTE where they are cared for and handled properly so that we hopefully again get a reinveted live show, great artwork and diverse formats of releases. What happens now is so boring that unfortunately it leaves me cold af. Sorry, that's just the way it is. The highlight of recent years for me being that Bilingual is av again on vinyl says it all...

m+

NikacP0kac

#6 Post by NikacP0kac » Fri 26 Oct 2018, 4:48 am

glennjridge wrote:
Mon 22 Oct 2018, 5:19 am
She's got nice ta ta's
Fake.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Future Lover

#8 Post by Future Lover » Fri 26 Oct 2018, 8:38 am

minimal wrote:
Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:50 am
D.J. wrote:
Thu 25 Oct 2018, 9:02 pm
One thing that really bothers or annoys me nowadays is that PSB only show interest for old farts and work with the same people all over again. So probably that ain't gonna happen. They even had the chance to collaborate with Years & Years which they obv did but then again it wasn't released. Would have been appreciated as Olly Alexander is an interesting representative of the queer community. They lost connection and track of recent developments when it comes to pop culture and instead work again and again with a producer whose music sounded dated even at a time when he was en vogue (no offense, Stuart, I love parts of your work). I'm sorry to say so but I've got no interest whatsoever in part 3 of that mediocre trilogy. Electric was crazy and fresh and genius. Super is a mediocre affair at best. They really need a new creative environment and should best sign to MUTE where they are cared for and handled properly so that we hopefully again get a reinveted live show, great artwork and diverse formats of releases. What happens now is so boring that unfortunately it leaves me cold af. Sorry, that's just the way it is. The highlight of recent years for me being that Bilingual is av again on vinyl says it all...

m+
Looking for the downvote button for this! I would rather they stay away from current fads. Years & Years are only semi-good, and I don't need PSB turning into Madonna levels of desperation. I get the sense they're quite enjoying their current setup. To me, "Super" was an excellent sequel to "Electric", so more power to them.

tottenhammattspurs

#9 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Fri 26 Oct 2018, 9:54 am

NikacP0kac wrote:
Fri 26 Oct 2018, 4:48 am
glennjridge wrote:
She's got nice ta ta's
Fake.
Great Wall Of China is man-made but people still want to see it.
is is and isnt isnt

Danimal

#10 Post by Danimal » Fri 26 Oct 2018, 12:13 pm

If Cardi B covered PSB I would vomit.

ArtHist

#11 Post by ArtHist » Fri 26 Oct 2018, 3:02 pm

*Shrugs*. I doubt her fans fit the PSB fan demograph so anything beyond a reference from her on twitter is unlikely. As for Years & Years- they're this season's Hot Chip without the musicality or charm.

Old Soak

#12 Post by Old Soak » Sat 27 Oct 2018, 10:26 am

Never heard of her. Another "here today, gone tomorrow" fad in what passes for music these days presumably.
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Shopper

#13 Post by Shopper » Wed 31 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

i think it would be interesting to see cardi and psb together..

well they did Thrusday with Example..which was a pretty decent song

Either way any collaboration or remix, sees them completely PSB-fying the song and making it their own, but it might be interesting to let go a little in terms of production style and absorb new ideas..
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

glennjridge

#14 Post by glennjridge » Thu 01 Nov 2018, 3:26 am

NikacP0kac wrote:
glennjridge wrote:
She's got nice ta ta's
Fake.
And?

NikacP0kac

#15 Post by NikacP0kac » Thu 01 Nov 2018, 4:54 pm

glennjridge wrote:
Thu 01 Nov 2018, 3:26 am
NikacP0kac wrote:
glennjridge wrote:
She's got nice ta ta's
Fake.
And?
Not really hers, so if you're complimenting anyone, it should be the surgeon. :)

But seriously, the shape of surgically enhanced breasts is a total turn-off for me. Anyway, we're getting waaaay off-topic here.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant