The New Album Info Thread

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
skyhigh

Re: The New Album Info Thread

#496 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:01 pm

PopKid78 wrote:
Fri 06 Dec 2019, 7:58 pm
skyhigh wrote:
daveid wrote:
Fri 06 Dec 2019, 7:48 pm
The natives are restless tonight. You can tell there's a new album coming.
And some smug [Edited by forum admin] has a copy he’s happy to tell us about but gets precious when we ask him to share.
I’ve noticed you’ve just started another thread, inviting everyone to join a PSB community Facebook group. Sign me up, it sounds lovely.

We’ve a strict entry policy to save it descending into shite like pet shop boys are the uks most successful duo or pet shop boys extreme fans. You stick to those pages precious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

skyhigh

#497 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:02 pm

Disco. wrote:
Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:01 pm
As he said, he could loose his job by doing, would you risk your job ?
Telling everyone that there are digital copies circulating is risking your job. Pretending that psb management approve is hilarious.

Future Lover

#498 Post by Future Lover » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:05 pm

Can someone please ban this [Edited by forum admin]? Anyone?

skyhigh

#499 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:08 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:05 pm
Wondered when some [Edited by forum admin] would start this pish. Banned for what? Having an opinion that differs from others? Welcome to the internet.

romy

#500 Post by romy » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:09 pm

@Effen Vida,thanks for let us know,what you feel and think,can't wait for part 2.If you can answer on my questions,it would be very nice.Thanks.

1.For me,at all PSB Albums,there is on track on each album,where I can say "this is THE hit for me",like Go West on Very,Se a vida e on Bilingual,New York City Boy on Nightlife,Love etc on Yes etc.

When I understand you correct,could this song from Hotspot be "Happy People"?

2.I'm a big fan of PSB Hymns,like "Love is a bour.Construct" "A red letter day" etc. Is there such a song to find on "Hotspot"?

3.Dreamland is the first single from the album.For me it doesn't sound like a typical PSB melody.Are there other more "PSB typical melodics" on the album?A song,where people says direct "oh,these are the Pet Shop Boys" .

4.and last question.Would you describe the album as an "Dance Album" ?
Thanks again.

skyhigh

#501 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Save your amateur dramatics newbie. I’ve been on this forum before you even discovered the boys and using terms like [Edited by forum admin] is frowned upon.

skyhigh

#502 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:12 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Save your amateur dramatics newbie. I’ve been on this forum before you even discovered the boys and using terms like [Edited by forum admin] is frowned upon.

stopthecar

#503 Post by stopthecar » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:13 pm

Thanks Effen. Job well done. Can't wait for part two.

stopthecar

#504 Post by stopthecar » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:15 pm

skyhigh wrote:
Future Lover wrote:
Wondered when some [Edited by forum admin] would start this pish. Banned for what? Having an opinion that differs from others? Welcome to the internet.
Chill out man. We will all be able to hear the album in less than 2 months.
Patient is a vertu.

Future Lover

#505 Post by Future Lover » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:21 pm

No, you're not to be banned for a different opinion, but for explicitly being unpleasant to a person who has a copy of an album because they haven't shared it with you, on top of even asking for it publicly, on a forum that can be read by PSB/their management. I guess no more copies would be circulating anytime soon. Does the concept of "watermarking" mean anything to you?
And if they did share it, it's not like you wouldn't be smacked with a DMCA notice immediately, since you real name is easily found via that Facebook group.
The fact that you've been on this forum for God knows how long makes it even more baffling that you think your posts are okay.
No need for the neurotic triple quote, thank you.

skyhigh

#506 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:27 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:21 pm
No, you're not to be banned for a different opinion, but for explicitly being unpleasant to a person who has a copy of an album because they haven't shared it with you, on top of even asking for it publicly, on a forum that can be read by PSB/their management. I guess no more copies would be circulating anytime soon. Does the concept of "watermarking" mean anything to you?
And if they did share it, it's not like you wouldn't be smacked with a DMCA notice immediately, since you real name is easily found via that Facebook group.
The fact that you've been on this forum for God knows how long makes it even more baffling that you think your posts are okay.
Seems you can’t read. I only said poor and then all the usual suspects started being [Edited by forum admin].

Much prefer seeing who I’m speaking too as opposed to this with invisible keyboard warriors.

Tell me how watermarking works when you record some audio on your phone genius?

Unpleasant from a guy that throws [Edited by forum admin] into the mix. [Edited by forum admin].

skyhigh

#507 Post by skyhigh » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:29 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Cringey as f*** when some [Edited by forum admin] demands a ban. Sin bin for you

Future Lover

#508 Post by Future Lover » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:31 pm

Believe it or not, there's subtle audio watermarking that survives even when a recording is made, i.e. frequencies that are inaudible, but can easily be detected by a computer.
I won't prolong on the other points, I'm not here to argue. I'm just don't think your behaviour is tolerable, and I used that phrase in anger. You have my apology, but not my sympathy.

And good job with only quoting me twice so far! The edit button exists too.

PopKid78

#509 Post by PopKid78 » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:34 pm

skyhigh wrote:
Future Lover wrote:
Seems you can’t read. I only said poor and then all the usual suspects started being [Edited by forum admin].

Much prefer seeing who I’m speaking too as opposed to this with invisible keyboard warriors.

Tell me how watermarking works when you record some audio on your phone genius?

Unpleasant from a guy that throws [Edited by forum admin] into the mix. Do one.
It’s fair to say that there was an overreaction when you said poor. You’ve handled it impeccably since then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goughsjd

#510 Post by goughsjd » Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:44 pm

skyhigh wrote:
Fri 06 Dec 2019, 8:08 pm
Future Lover wrote:
Wondered when some sad sack would start this pish. Banned for what? Having an opinion that differs from others? Welcome to the internet.
😂
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19