Complete Singles Collection Vol. 1

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
tottenhammattspurs

Re: Complete Singles Collection Vol. 1

#31 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Wed 08 Jan 2020, 5:41 pm

misterme wrote:
Sun 21 Oct 2018, 5:39 pm
It's funny for me to see this thread developping as lately I've been starting to make my own remastered PSB CD singles, frustrated by the lack of comprehensive re-releases.
So I ripped tracks on vinyl and cleaned them as much as I could or even reconstructed some of them when I didn't own copies featuring the most rare remixes. So it's supposed to be as close as CD quality as possible.
As an example of my work, here is the first (1985) issue of Opportunities: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WckJ2r ... sp=sharing
Included is the cover based on the artwork done for the back covers of the FL series.
Did you ever continue with this project misterme?
is is and isnt isnt

dequesi

#32 Post by dequesi » Wed 08 Jan 2020, 5:42 pm

Looking forward to part two!

This was a very interesting thread.

I love it when someone points out a specific remix that might have escaped my radar and I suddenly discover what for me was a hidden gem. Thanks, guys!

stormynight

#33 Post by stormynight » Fri 10 Jan 2020, 5:24 pm

„ Love comes quickly [Shep Pettibone Mastermix - Edit #1]
Love comes quickly [Shep Pettibone Mastermix - Edit #2]“

One Edit is from the Single cassette/7“. But the other one ?
Did you ever walk on a stormy night...

Future Lover

#34 Post by Future Lover » Fri 10 Jan 2020, 5:28 pm

Shep Pettibone Mastermix - Early Fade 2 (5:30)
On the second cassette single edition of "Suburbia"

This is from Geowayne. Of course, I've never listened to it myself.
In retrospect, I probably wouldn't put fades on these discs, since it's not really an edit per se. You can just turn down the volume yourself, haha.

misterme

#35 Post by misterme » Sun 12 Jan 2020, 1:53 pm

tottenhammattspurs wrote:
Wed 08 Jan 2020, 5:41 pm
misterme wrote:
It's funny for me to see this thread developping as lately I've been starting to make my own remastered PSB CD singles, frustrated by the lack of comprehensive re-releases.
So I ripped tracks on vinyl and cleaned them as much as I could or even reconstructed some of them when I didn't own copies featuring the most rare remixes. So it's supposed to be as close as CD quality as possible.
As an example of my work, here is the first (1985) issue of Opportunities: [URL removed by forum admin]
Included is the cover based on the artwork done for the back covers of the FL series.
Yes.
Here is another collection, this time for the Can You Forgive Her? single:
[URL removed by forum admin]

tottenhammattspurs

#36 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Mon 13 Jan 2020, 3:06 pm

Brilliantly done misterme. :thumbs:
is is and isnt isnt

Oznerol

#37 Post by Oznerol » Mon 13 Jan 2020, 5:28 pm

stormynight wrote:
Fri 10 Jan 2020, 5:24 pm
„ Love comes quickly [Shep Pettibone Mastermix - Edit #1]
Love comes quickly [Shep Pettibone Mastermix - Edit #2]“

One Edit is from the Single cassette/7“. But the other one ?
On one of the Suburbia UK cassettes (at least three variants with differences on the tracklisting exist..) the fade out ("edit") is in a different moment (lenght of 5:34) as on the other (and on the 2x7" Suburbia, both lenghts of 6:20 ). So... this may be the answer...

https://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boys-S ... ase/752851

https://www.discogs.com/Pet-Shop-Boys-S ... ase/236689
This is not my signature.

y3potential

#38 Post by y3potential » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 5:54 pm

misterme wrote:
Sun 12 Jan 2020, 1:53 pm
tottenhammattspurs wrote:
Wed 08 Jan 2020, 5:41 pm
misterme wrote:
As an example of my work, here is the first (1985) issue of Opportunities: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WckJ2r ... sp=sharing
Yes.
Here is another collection, this time for the Can You Forgive Her? single:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Aoivcx ... sp=sharing

These are excellent, misterme. The artwork is a nice touch too..! Thank you. Keep 'em coming if you can..! :clap: :clap:
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Future Lover

#39 Post by Future Lover » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:55 pm

Copyrighted material shouldn't be posted here, out of respect for our heroes. Maybe pm misterme next time, folks! His work is great, but this isn't such a forum... unfortunately!

Oznerol

#40 Post by Oznerol » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 7:42 pm

misterme wrote:
Excellent sound quality on all the vinyl rips! Really one of the best I heard to date.
How do you remaster the vinyl recordings?? It´s all from personal rips?
This is not my signature.

misterme

#41 Post by misterme » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:17 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:55 pm
Copyrighted material shouldn't be posted here, out of respect for our heroes. Maybe pm misterme next time, folks! His work is great, but this isn't such a forum... unfortunately!
Hi,
you're right I am going to withdraw the files attached to the links I provided.
I tend to forget about copyrights. But of course it's not my place to distribute this music, even if it's become hard to come by some of those tracks now.
Greg.

misterme

#42 Post by misterme » Sat 18 Jan 2020, 8:37 pm

Hi,
as I cannot reply to any private message for I have not been here long enough to enjoy full access to the forum, I would like to reply here.
I've been remastering those tracks myself from my personal collection of vinyl records (and from one CDV too regarding the first single version of Opportunities). It takes time and the discs have to be very clean and in very good condition. Sometimes I do not have access to the most rare tracks (Opportunities matrix remix for example). So I have to reconstruct them based on the mixes I already have, listening closely to the low quality versions available on YouTube..
I will not go on posting links to those tracks here as I said before. I am going to continue with this project at home nonetheless until a real complete singles collection comes to fruition from official channels. I have already finished West End Girls, Domino Dancing and It's Alright. I'm currently working on Heart and I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind Of Thing.

Regards.

Future Lover

#43 Post by Future Lover » Wed 22 Jan 2020, 3:01 pm

You should be proud of your excellence, and I would love to have all of your work, but unfortunately... we can only wait. Or create our own sharing forum, eh.

Boring90

#44 Post by Boring90 » Wed 22 Jan 2020, 4:59 pm

I would love to hear these :)
Las Vegas 1999