Neil Tennant announces new book

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Sandy Shaw

Re: Neil Tennant announces new book

#331 Post by Sandy Shaw » Mon 12 Nov 2018, 1:08 pm

Received my offering from Faber and Faber. The corner of my book is slightly bent due to posting in a poly bag bubble wrap thing. The same postcard was included (let's face it it's a postcard - it may be an artisan postcard hand knitted by Neil, but how can we ever really know!?)
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#332 Post by Sandy Shaw » Mon 12 Nov 2018, 1:28 pm

Harry wrote:
Sun 11 Nov 2018, 4:33 pm
That’s not the poem though
It's the special thingy enclosed by Faber and Faber after mistakenly advertising limited edition copies through their own site.
What's for supper?

jude_br

#333 Post by jude_br » Mon 12 Nov 2018, 3:05 pm

I'm still waiting for my limited edition from the OS...had my postage refund...but no tracking info from Hermes. This whole book release looks like it's been a shambles

pietertothemuze

#334 Post by pietertothemuze » Mon 12 Nov 2018, 9:48 pm

Last edited by pietertothemuze on Wed 14 Nov 2018, 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

herts101

#335 Post by herts101 » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:04 am

Still waiting for my special edition to arrive. Will try chasing the shop again tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSB-90

#336 Post by PSB-90 » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 1:14 am

Received my offering from Faber and Faber. The corner of my book is slightly bent due to posting in a poly bag bubble wrap thing.
Me too. Likewise the book is damaged, with an inch-long split halfway up the front cover where the spine indents. Thus basically rendering it fit only for the charity shop, sadly, as I thought it would at least be nice, after all this, to have an unsigned copy to go with the signed one. Oh well, there's still the hand knitted (or not) postcard, which I actually think is quite sweet!

herts101

#337 Post by herts101 » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 11:13 am

herts101 wrote:Still waiting for my special edition to arrive. Will try chasing the shop again tomorrow.

Just spoke to Universal Music on the number provided above since my special edition was apparently dispatched 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago they were meant to be sorting out the labelling issue with Hermes.

I now have a tracking number but it provides no information yet apart from saying Hermes are “awaiting receipt”.

Guy on the phone didn’t really have any more information as to what was happening but expected the tracking to update “soon” and said he would call me with any updates.

I continue to wait then....

Anyone else in the same position?

Marie loves PSB

#338 Post by Marie loves PSB » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:37 pm

herts101 wrote:
Tue 13 Nov 2018, 11:13 am
herts101 wrote:Still waiting for my special edition to arrive. Will try chasing the shop again tomorrow.

Just spoke to Universal Music on the number provided above since my special edition was apparently dispatched 2 weeks ago and 1 week ago they were meant to be sorting out the labelling issue with Hermes.

I now have a tracking number but it provides no information yet apart from saying Hermes are “awaiting receipt”.

Guy on the phone didn’t really have any more information as to what was happening but expected the tracking to update “soon” and said he would call me with any updates.

I continue to wait then....

Anyone else in the same position?

I am still waiting for mine. It is only just a signed one not a special limited edition one. Has anyone else ordered their book for "Coles" on here? I e-mailed them last week and they were waiting to get them in etc... I have ordered a few books in my time but, this one has got the have been the worst one. It has been a nightmare.
Last edited by Marie loves PSB on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marie loves PSB

#339 Post by Marie loves PSB » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:44 pm

PSB-90 wrote:
Tue 13 Nov 2018, 1:14 am
Received my offering from Faber and Faber. The corner of my book is slightly bent due to posting in a poly bag bubble wrap thing.
Me too. Likewise the book is damaged, with an inch-long split halfway up the front cover where the spine indents. Thus basically rendering it fit only for the charity shop, sadly, as I thought it would at least be nice, after all this, to have an unsigned copy to go with the signed one. Oh well, there's still the hand knitted (or not) postcard, which I actually think is quite sweet!

You should both complain to be honest. They should not have sent it out like that PSB-90. Sandy Shaw you should have told them about the fold as they should have packaged them much better. They should be pristine. Sorry, all but things like that really do annoy me! :x We don't ask for much do we?

PSB-90

#341 Post by PSB-90 » Tue 13 Nov 2018, 9:39 pm

You should both complain to be honest. They should not have sent it out like that PSB-90.
Thanks Marie but I don't have the energy to be honest! It is bad, and you're right they shouldn't have sent it out - it's unprofessional. It looks like a classic case of someone carelessly slicing a box open and damaging the books on top. I guess they hoped that as they were free nobody would complain, even though they were supposed to be compensation for an error - and in my case I'm afraid they're right! Anyway I hope it eventually makes a bit of cash for charity...

jude_br

#342 Post by jude_br » Wed 14 Nov 2018, 1:03 pm

Anyone heard anything more from the OS shop regarding the dispatching of the limited editions? I'm still waiting...& have had no response from the store to my emails

agent doris

#343 Post by agent doris » Thu 15 Nov 2018, 1:03 pm

jude_br wrote:
Wed 14 Nov 2018, 1:03 pm
Anyone heard anything more from the OS shop regarding the dispatching of the limited editions? I'm still waiting...& have had no response from the store to my emails
Just spoke to them, and they are still waiting on a update from Hermes. Not sure who’s to blame in all this, but it’s shocking!

kingdom

#344 Post by kingdom » Thu 15 Nov 2018, 3:13 pm

My book just arrived in the US (New Jersey). Sadly the silver sleeve was dented on one of the corners :cry: :cry: :cry: But at least it arrived.
Digital Stores offered me a partial refund since it's now sold out.
Not sure why these guys can't get packaging sorted.

rashomon

#345 Post by rashomon » Thu 15 Nov 2018, 6:43 pm

Well I’m still waiting on the signed copy from Coles.

I’ve mailed them a few days back and no response.

I’m not holding my breath.

This saga....this thread...there’s enough material here to write a song. What do ya say Neil?

you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional