Neil Tennant announces new book

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
rashomon

Re: Neil Tennant announces new book

#121 Post by rashomon »

Not that weird I guess.

Coles was an obvious mis-price. Will they honour it? ... dunno but lucky for those that got it on order if they do.
Faber and Faber probably have sold out their allocation
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

PSB-90

#122 Post by PSB-90 »

Fair enough. Suppose I really meant that the whole saga has been a bit weird ever since it "sold out" on the OS.

The Cole's thing is particularly odd - having ordered one I will be interested to see what happens. I wondered if it was just a standard version that Neil had somehow signed, but that seems very unlikely.

Marie loves PSB

#123 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Mon 10 Sep 2018, 2:26 pm
PETHEAD72 wrote: Fri 27 Jul 2018, 12:39 pm If anyone bought more than one,will they be willing to sell it on to me please?
Have you seen the update about buying one from Faber and Faber?

https://www.faber.co.uk

Tip:

Join as a member before checking out as certainly though my PC I went nearly all the way through the process and no discount was forthcoming.

You may have to wait for their site to catch up if you have accepted cookies - really check that you have joined and that the volume is offered to you for £60.00!

You could even try Coles Books although for £14.99 maybe they know someone who's been gifted some copies! If it looks too good to be true it probably is...

https://coles-books.co.uk/one-hundred-l ... il-tennant
Many thanks for posting the link Sandy. :D Thanks to you we have just received a Julie Walters signed book and the Neil Tennant book too when it comes out. :up: They have got some nice signed football player related books on there. I would love them but, - skint! lol.... Julie Walters signed book arrived very quickly, nicely packed and gift wrapped all up! Was quite nice opening it up.

Marie loves PSB

#124 Post by Marie loves PSB »

PSB-90 wrote: Wed 12 Sep 2018, 7:16 pm Fair enough. Suppose I really meant that the whole saga has been a bit weird ever since it "sold out" on the OS.

The Cole's thing is particularly odd - having ordered one I will be interested to see what happens. I wondered if it was just a standard version that Neil had somehow signed, but that seems very unlikely.
I am not sure about Neil Tennant's book as you could see on the web-site the Julie Waters book we have ordered/received as they have got them in stock to show you what the autograph is like etc... Julie's autograph was signed in an official book plate and stuck in the book and not signed the actual book itself. I would still be very happy to receive Neil Tennant's autograph like this. As I am an autograph collector.

tottenhammattspurs

#125 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

So who’s going to the talk and also clicked on the option to get the book for £10? I did, got the ticket confirmation. But it has nothing about getting the book on it. I assume we get given it on th night but there’s nothing on the ticket saying so.
is is and isnt isnt

PSB-90

#126 Post by PSB-90 »

Me too! It wasn't at all clear about the book, I also assumed we would be given it on the night. Then I wondered if it might actually be included in the £16.50 ticket price (although again this obviously wasn't stated), so ordering one separately was unnecessary. I'm starting to wonder how many books I'm going to end up with now!

(Thanks for your comments, Marie!)

bookshopboy

#127 Post by bookshopboy »

I bought two tickets and one signed book. My confirmation email has two tickets and one book itemized.

Sandy Shaw

#128 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Faber and Faber just checked that my card was valid but haven't called on the funds. They have advised me by email that will charge my card when they send the order to the warehouse for picking. I think my (low) cash will last me till payday on 26th September now! Just a heads up for other fans who may wonder if/when their payments will be processed.
What's for supper?

Marie loves PSB

#129 Post by Marie loves PSB »

PSB-90 wrote: Thu 13 Sep 2018, 8:52 pm Me too! It wasn't at all clear about the book, I also assumed we would be given it on the night. Then I wondered if it might actually be included in the £16.50 ticket price (although again this obviously wasn't stated), so ordering one separately was unnecessary. I'm starting to wonder how many books I'm going to end up with now!

(Thanks for your comments, Marie!)
No problem PSB-90. :D If you end up with too many books I am sure PSB's fan(s) will buy them off you! :mrgreen: I wasn't going to buy this book but, it is worth it at that price.

303krs

#130 Post by 303krs »

"...Many roads will cross through many lives
but somehow you survive..."

Drico One

#131 Post by Drico One »

That's a lovely, emotional article. Thanks for that.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

daveid

#132 Post by daveid »

Yep that was a good 'un. Weren't Gilbert and George involved in the cover of Bowie' s Tonight album though?

Patrick Bateman

#133 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Yes, I've always found it difficult to distinguish Abba-esque from the Oresteia too.

PSB-90

#134 Post by PSB-90 »

TG

#135 Post by TG »

Whats with all these speech marks everywhere?