It Couldn't Happen Here - Review 1988

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Boring90

Re: It Couldn't Happen Here - Review 1988

#16 Post by Boring90 » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 5:17 pm

Sage wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 9:11 am
Boring90 wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 1:26 am
"The Pet Shop Boys' new film It Couldn't Happen Here is the focus of the first episode of the BBC television show That Was Then… This Is Now."

Is this video out there anywhere? I couldn't find it on You Tube.
It has only been released on VHS and laserdisc.
I question your Youtube searching ability if you can't find it.
It's the first result if you search the words "pet shop boys it couldn't happen here" in the site.

Lovely to see competitions winners from the second page of the review here.
If you read my post slowly and more carefully, you would understand that I'm looking for the episode of 'That Was Then... This Is Now'. However, thanks for the snarky reply.
Las Vegas 1999

Boring90

#17 Post by Boring90 » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 5:28 pm

y3potential wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 9:39 am
Sage wrote:
Boring90 wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 1:26 am
"The Pet Shop Boys' new film It Couldn't Happen Here is the focus of the first episode of the BBC television show That Was Then… This Is Now."

Is this video out there anywhere? I couldn't find it on You Tube.
It's the first result if you search the words "pet shop boys it couldn't happen here" in the site.

I think they maybe referring to 'That Was Then... This Is Now' which indeed is not on YouTube. I recorded it at the time but it was lost a few years back. A decent interview as I recall..
Thanks. In this day and age where most PSB clips can be found online, It's disappointing not to spend several seconds looking for it and then being able to watch it. How spoiled we have become! If anybody reading has it and could possibly upload it to You Tube, that would be swell!

I own the Japanese laserdisc and still enjoy watching it. The performances are so over the top I've never really taken it seriously or expected great acting or any sort of plot. I view it as a 90 minute music video with great songs and Neil and Chris in their prime.
Las Vegas 1999

canveyboy

#18 Post by canveyboy » Sat 13 Jul 2019, 6:31 pm

Boring90 wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 5:28 pm
y3potential wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 9:39 am
Sage wrote:

I think they maybe referring to 'That Was Then... This Is Now' which indeed is not on YouTube. I recorded it at the time but it was lost a few years back. A decent interview as I recall..
Thanks. In this day and age where most PSB clips can be found online, It's disappointing not to spend several seconds looking for it and then being able to watch it. How spoiled we have become! If anybody reading has it and could possibly upload it to You Tube, that would be swell!

I own the Japanese laserdisc and still enjoy watching it. The performances are so over the top I've never really taken it seriously or expected great acting or any sort of plot. I view it as a 90 minute music video with great songs and Neil and Chris in their prime.
That’s EXACTLY how ICHH should be viewed and treated. As a 90 minute music video. But instead of one song in the video it’s got a dozen songs in it. It really is like a collection of music videos all strung together to make one long poptastic PSB extravaganza! And like you said, in their prime. I love it and it’s a brilliant artefact from their imperial phase.
Its taken me all of my life to find you

toasterinthebath

#19 Post by toasterinthebath » Fri 19 Jul 2019, 6:31 pm

Marie loves PSB wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 2:17 pm
goughsjd wrote:
Sat 13 Jul 2019, 5:10 am
Sometimes feel like I'm the only person that thinks this film is absolute dog w***! I mean the acting is horrendous even from the actors!

Great soundtrack tho
I agree and I still cannot understand it either! :?
I understood the film perfectly but fail to understand how dogs can masturbate.