Are they skint?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Disco.

Re: Are they skint?

#31 Post by Disco. »

??

Cdrodkey

#32 Post by Cdrodkey »

This might just be my imagination, but I have sort of assumed that when the "Pet Shop Boys partnership" was formed, they had an entity that paid them a salary from their own corporation as a windfall and as a way to take risks with finances (Performance tour, Most Incredible Thing, etc.), spend money on the "business" (hiring Stuart Price), but still live with an expectation of income. Which is where I think a lot of artists who hit it big don't do--they assume it will always keep coming in or don't account for when it ends.

Greendrake

#33 Post by Greendrake »

Cdrodkey wrote: Thu 03 Aug 2017, 12:02 am I have sort of assumed that when the "Pet Shop Boys partnership" was formed, they had an entity that paid them a salary from their own corporation as a windfall and as a way to take risks with finances (Performance tour, Most Incredible Thing, etc.), spend money on the "business" (hiring Stuart Price), but still live with an expectation of income. Which is where I think a lot of artists who hit it big don't do--they assume it will always keep coming in
That salary would still depend on their success as artists though — it is just a way of organising income flow rather than generating it.

Cdrodkey

#34 Post by Cdrodkey »

Well, but when we hear the Jay Leno line "they've sold 50 million records, and it's only tuesday," they've been at that number since about 1991. Sure, I am sure they give themselves bonuses but if they didn't do anything for a year there would be something trickling in from investments and such from that long ago.

But it's just my imagination. It could be too that they have some "Target date" for retirement and they're going to keep going to work until that time and get occasionally called to be consultants....

jasminewok

#35 Post by jasminewok »

:grumble: I should say they are most definitely absolutely brassic.

andrewthomas100

#36 Post by andrewthomas100 »

jasminewok wrote: Thu 03 Aug 2017, 3:34 pm :grumble: I should say they are most definitely absolutely brassic.
I had to Google that.
Possible album title?

NikacP0kac

#37 Post by NikacP0kac »

andrewthomas100 wrote: Thu 03 Aug 2017, 6:58 pm
jasminewok wrote: Thu 03 Aug 2017, 3:34 pm :grumble: I should say they are most definitely absolutely brassic.
I had to Google that.
Possible album title?
I feel like some forum members also google word synonyms before posting, while choosing the most recondite synonym to convey their opinion. :mrgreen:
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Firthy2002

#38 Post by Firthy2002 »

I doubt they are skint. Possibly not as well off as they might have been in the past, but probably still worth enough to live comfortably (they run homes in London and Berlin which won't be cheap!).
-=Firthy2002=-
------------------
My LJ

Disco.

#39 Post by Disco. »

And Neil's house in the North of England.

TallThinMan

#40 Post by TallThinMan »

Disco. wrote: Fri 04 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm And Neil's house in the North of England.
Has Neil still got a place oop north? He sold one place in County Durham.

Pod

#41 Post by Pod »

TallThinMan wrote: Fri 04 Aug 2017, 5:12 pm
Disco. wrote: Fri 04 Aug 2017, 2:29 pm And Neil's house in the North of England.
I didn't think he still had a place up here in t'north.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

DJ Pat

#42 Post by DJ Pat »

Course he'd have a place up north
Can't see him staying in hotels in his home city

Drico One

#43 Post by Drico One »

Firthy2002 wrote: Fri 04 Aug 2017, 2:16 pm I doubt they are skint. Possibly not as well off as they might have been in the past, but probably still worth enough to live comfortably (they run homes in London and Berlin which won't be cheap!).
If they can't afford a place in Berlin then they'll need to call in the IMF.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Suburban_Boy

#44 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Pod wrote: Sat 05 Aug 2017, 12:32 pm
TallThinMan wrote: Fri 04 Aug 2017, 5:12 pm
I didn't think he still had a place up here in t'north.
Still for sale unless it was sold and is up for sale again...

http://finestproperties.co.uk/historic- ... ty-durham/

stussyboy

#45 Post by stussyboy »

Lovely house, and amazing how cheap it is up North. That house just outside London...I dread to think!
NewYork London Tokyo LosAngeles