PSB and autism

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
fasto

Re: PSB and autism

#31 Post by fasto »

This is slightly off-topic, but the they must be getting 2 separate occasions mixed up with that Bowie anecdote - while they did play at Bestival in 2006, Bowie didn't perform at any festivals at after 2004.

raggatwin

#32 Post by raggatwin »

jasonjohn wrote: Sat 29 Jul 2017, 6:29 pm Just a general observation, not targeting anyone.

If you're in a room and a few of you have been touched by autism, but luckily for you it's at a level where "nobody could ever tell", then that's fine, and by all means be a shining light and bond together with optimism.

Just be mindful that there might be someone in your audience for whom the condition is massively debilitating and distressing. For whom the condition has no light at the end of the tunnel, and lives are ruined and families torn apart. And if that person starts to share that experience, don't fob their reality off as being offensive to you.

This.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Oznerol

#33 Post by Oznerol »

Many geniuses on their own area were diagnosed with some kind of autism...Lionel Messi, consideded maybe the best football player alive today, is one of them. I can see some similarities between his situation and the Boys musical genius!
And neither discard some autistic behaviour in myself... more on my introspective attitude and lack on interest in socialization with people with different interests than me (wich are most of the people..actually...) than on the "genius" side, sadly :P
This is not my signature.

boyjohn

#34 Post by boyjohn »

A little off subject, but the show Atypical which is about a character with autism is a really nice binge watch show. Not sure how accurate it is, but I really enjoyed it.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost