Albert Hall Tickets Cancelled By Viagogo...

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
y3potential

Albert Hall Tickets Cancelled By Viagogo...

#1 Post by y3potential » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:05 pm

Not sure if anyone else has purchased tickets via viagogo, but I've just received an email stating that they have cancelled my ticket although I will receive a full refund. Luckily I managed to get another through the Albert Hall site.. Has anyone else had issues with viagogo or anywhere else..
Do you know the difference between the two genders..?

Suburban_Boy

Re: Albert Hall Tickets..

#2 Post by Suburban_Boy » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:50 pm

I wondered what would happen when it was pretty clear that tickets were being snapped up just to be sold on auction sites and the like. As per the Albert Hall terms & conditions:

Only tickets purchased by the Box Office or approved agents are valid for admission. Tickets sold via third parties and other unauthorised outlets, including online auction sites, are not valid for admission. Reselling a ticket makes it void and the ticketholder may be refused entry.

Is Viagogo an authorised agent? Is the OP's issue just a one-off I wonder.

y3potential

Re: Albert Hall Tickets Cancelled By Viagogo...

#3 Post by y3potential » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 3:55 pm

I think Viagogo are just this side of legal.. Parasites, but legal. :twisted: I just hope no out there ends up not going because of vermin like Viagogo.

Effen Vida

#4 Post by Effen Vida » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 4:33 pm

I bought mine from the same place, £302 for two tickets in the circle! - utterly obscene, although it appears I may be about to get a refund. Scalping swines.

Pod

#5 Post by Pod » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 6:10 pm

I got mine through ticketmaster who I hope are ok. Blimey, my heart goes out to those poor souls who have had their tickets cancelled. That really isn't on.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

No Muscle Mary

#6 Post by No Muscle Mary » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:32 pm

Hmm... interesting. This is the email I got from them yesterday - stating my ticket is NOT cancelled:

Dear Mary,

We are contacting you to inform you that the time for Pet Shop Boys - Teenage Cancer Trust 2017 at Royal Albert Hall has changed. The event will now take place on 2 April 2017, 18:45.

Please acknowledge receipt of this email by
CLICKING HERE

The tickets you originally purchased will remain valid for the re-scheduled event. Should you unfortunately be unable to attend the rescheduled event, you can resell your tickets on viagogo. Please note that we are unable to process refunds for these tickets as the event has not been cancelled.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please do not reply to this message, as this email address does not accept incoming email. If you have any further enquiries please visit our help centre.

Thank you for using viagogo!
Churlicious

y3potential

#7 Post by y3potential » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 10:47 pm

No Muscle Mary wrote:Hmm... interesting. This is the email I got from them yesterday - stating my ticket is NOT cancelled:

Dear Mary,

We are contacting you to inform you that the time for Pet Shop Boys - Teenage Cancer Trust 2017 at Royal Albert Hall has changed. The event will now take place on 2 April 2017, 18:45.

CLICKING HERE

The tickets you originally purchased will remain valid for the re-scheduled event. Should you unfortunately be unable to attend the rescheduled event, you can resell your tickets on viagogo. Please note that we are unable to process refunds for these tickets as the event has not been cancelled.

Please do not reply to this message, as this email address does not accept incoming email. If you have any further enquiries please visit our help centre.

That's the same email I received yesterday before they sent my cancellation email earlier today. I truly hope you don't get a follow up email tomorrow. I know this situation isn't the fault or responsibilty of Neil & Chris but surely there must be a better way of treating fans than this..

Perhaps having the tickets available from The Albert Hall only would possibly stop ticket sharks from profiting and causing misery..
Last edited by y3potential on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandy Shaw

#8 Post by Sandy Shaw » Tue 06 Dec 2016, 11:47 pm

y3potential wrote:
No Muscle Mary wrote:Hmm... interesting. This is the email I got from them yesterday - stating my ticket is NOT cancelled:

Dear Mary,

CLICKING HERE

That's the same email I received yesterday before they sent my cancellation email earlier today. I truly hope you don't get a follow up email tomorrow. I know this situation isn't the fault or responsibilty of Neil & Chris but surely there just be a better way of treating fans than this..

Perhaps having the tickets available from The Albert Hall only would possibly stop ticket sharks from profiting and causing misery..
Unfortunately people buy tickets from the RAH and official agents then stick them on Viagogo. As it is a charity event, TCT could be cancelling tickets found for resale.
What's for supper?

No Muscle Mary

#9 Post by No Muscle Mary » Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:26 pm

If they're going to cancel my ticket, I'd rather know asap because I have flights and a hotel booked. This is very unfair.

There should be a way for genuine fans to access tickets before the general public.
Churlicious

Sandy Shaw

#10 Post by Sandy Shaw » Wed 07 Dec 2016, 1:58 pm

No Muscle Mary wrote:If they're going to cancel my ticket, I'd rather know asap because I have flights and a hotel booked. This is very unfair.

There should be a way for genuine fans to access tickets before the general public.
Members of the public are genuine fans very often! I know what you mean though. Yes, some events have pre-sales for hardcore fans.
Last edited by Sandy Shaw on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's for supper?

No Muscle Mary

#11 Post by No Muscle Mary » Wed 07 Dec 2016, 2:28 pm

We are all members of the general public but you know what I mean.

This is a one-off concert, there was always going to be huge demand from Petheads. We should have priority over ticket touts and people out to make a fast buck.
Churlicious

Pod

#12 Post by Pod » Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:08 pm

No Muscle Mary wrote:We are all members of the general public but you know what I mean.

This is a one-off concert, there was always going to be huge demand from Petheads. We should have priority over ticket touts and people out to make a fast buck.
Agree 100%
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Suburban_Boy

#13 Post by Suburban_Boy » Wed 07 Dec 2016, 3:14 pm

Not sure the best method of beating the touts, perhaps for one-off events like this, when purchasing the original ticket(s) you should quote the name of the attendee (or at least one) and then that attendee should provide ID confirming he or she is the original recipient of the ticket. Nightmare if you forget/don't have ID of course, and would dramatically increase the time it takes to get in to the venue. I read that the Apple Music events at the Roundhouse all required ID before entry was granted, leading to some unhappy ticket-holders who didn't bring any ID. If you cannot attend the event for any reason, you should be able to return it to the original point of sale so that it can be re-sold at the original price.

bookshopboy

#14 Post by bookshopboy » Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:25 am

When we saw Björk at the Royal Albert Hall in September they asked for ID when we were queuing that confirmed the name printed on the ticket matched.

jagdmirage

#15 Post by jagdmirage » Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:51 am

bookshopboy wrote:When we saw Björk at the Royal Albert Hall in September they asked for ID when we were queuing that confirmed the name printed on the ticket matched.
Does this mean that all tickets bought on Viagogo are invalid unless you can provide the ID?
Who is Phil Mitchell(the man in my avatar)?