One off concert at Royal Albert Hall in 2017

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Denene

One off concert at Royal Albert Hall in 2017

#1 Post by Denene »

Pet Shop Boys will play a special London show at the Royal Albert Hall in 2017 to support Teenage Cancer Trust, with Johnny Marr and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Details: smarturl.it/PSBTCTshow

psbfannyc

Re: One off concert at Royal Albert Hall in 2017

#3 Post by psbfannyc »

Denene wrote:Pet Shop Boys will play a special London show at the Royal Albert Hall in 2017 to support Teenage Cancer Trust, with Johnny Marr and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Details: smarturl.it/PSBTCTshow

I can't wait to hear "The Survivors" live!

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pet-shop- ... a437e.html

http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2016 ... -marr-show

"28 November 2016

PSB/Johnny Marr show
Very much looking forward to the show on April 2nd with Johnny Marr and the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. It's going to be based on the show we did for BBC Radio 2 in Salford in 2012 with Johnny and the BBC Philharmonic plus some other songs. We've been meaning to do a show for the Teenage Cancer Trust for years and we're so pleased it's finally happening. Neil x"
Last edited by psbfannyc on Mon 28 Nov 2016, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drem

#4 Post by Drem »

This is simply amazing news. Guess it will be nothing less than pure aural feast, something like they did in Salford back in 2012. Though I guess some non-UK fans who spent a lot of money to attend their Inner Sanctum shows in London now will be disappointed even more than after the first dates of Super Tour. Fingers crossed for decent audio or/and video recording of the show. Even better, for official live album with DVD!
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

Sandy Shaw

#5 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Everyone kept it really quiet. I work there and I didn't know!
What's for supper?

NikacP0kac

#6 Post by NikacP0kac »

Drem wrote:This is simply amazing news. Guess it will be nothing less than pure aural feast, something like they did in Salford back in 2012. Though I guess some non-UK fans who spent a lot of money to attend their Inner Sanctum shows in London now will be disappointed even more than after the first dates of Super Tour. Fingers crossed for decent audio or/and video recording of the show. Even better, for official live album with DVD!
Super Deluxe edition including the Super tour and Electric tour audio. All proceedings should go to charity. DO IT!
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

popfreak

#7 Post by popfreak »

I Hope the price isn't too much.

psbfannyc

#8 Post by psbfannyc »

Good idea to release a new single to piggy-back off the concert and media promotion. Hopefully with better remixes than what we've been getting lately. :?

tottenhammattspurs

#9 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Ticket prices?
is is and isnt isnt

No Muscle Mary

#10 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Same question... anyone know what seats are best there... and more importantly what kind of prices tix will be?

I tried checking in The Who's gig but couldn't find details.
Churlicious

No Muscle Mary

#11 Post by No Muscle Mary »

Drem wrote:This is simply amazing news. Guess it will be nothing less than pure aural feast, something like they did in Salford back in 2012. Though I guess some non-UK fans who spent a lot of money to attend their Inner Sanctum shows in London now will be disappointed even more than after the first dates of Super Tour. Fingers crossed for decent audio or/and video recording of the show. Even better, for official live album with DVD!
I attended the ROH and really don't mind the Super tour and am now really excited about this new show. I'd never begrudge other PSB fans having the chance to enjoy something just cause I paid more to see it. Just means that I won't be going along to the Super tour as I've already seen it in the best venue possible.
Churlicious

tottenhammattspurs

#12 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^
is is and isnt isnt

Suburban_Boy

#13 Post by Suburban_Boy »

Hope I can get a ticket for this. Guessing tickets are gonna be around the £100 mark.

No Muscle Mary

#14 Post by No Muscle Mary »

tottenhammattspurs wrote:^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^
"They call us a community"

At the end of the day, when the boys tour, whatever show it is, it's a win/win all round :)
Churlicious

psbfannyc

#15 Post by psbfannyc »

No Muscle Mary wrote:
tottenhammattspurs wrote:^^^^^^^This!^^^^^^^^
"They call us a community"

At the end of the day, when the boys tour, whatever show it is, it's a win/win all round :)

Excellent attitude