One off concert at Royal Albert Hall in 2017

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
chrissyboy

Re: One off concert at Royal Albert Hall in 2017

#496 Post by chrissyboy »

stussyboy wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:53 pm I loved hearing the rarer stuff. For all of us, The Survivors, Indefinite leave to remain, Later tonight were all amazing.

But for me the highlight was He dreamed of machines, I just love hearing Neil talking over their music. Juliet Stevenson was great, but Neil is perfect. They HAVE to release A man from the future soon...
I do wonder if A Man From the Future will ever see the light of day... A great shame if it does not.

madsnielsen

#497 Post by madsnielsen »

What an amazing concert. Like many others I was moved to tears several times during the show. I arrived back home in Denmark a few hours ago and when I listen to some of the recordings made by other Petheads around the auditorium my eyes burst in tears of joy all over again. After 25 years of being a fan this was the concert I waited years to attend. A dream come true to finally hear It couldn't happen here live with a full orchestra. Highlights for me was Tonight is forever, This must be the place I waited years to leave, The survivors, Breathing space, Later tonight, Jealousy, Indefinite leave to remain and of course It couldn't happen here. I feel very privileged that I had the opportunity to experience this special show.
Mads Nielsen
If people say I'm crazy, I tell 'em that it's true

MikeyC

#498 Post by MikeyC »

madsnielsen wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:57 pm What an amazing concert. Like many others I was moved to tears several times during the show. I arrived back home in Denmark a few hours ago and when I listen to some of the recordings made by other Petheads around the auditorium my eyes burst in tears of joy all over again. After 25 years of being a fan this was the concert I waited years to attend. A dream come true to finally hear It couldn't happen here live with a full orchestra. Highlights for me was Tonight is forever, This must be the place I waited years to leave, The survivors, Breathing space, Later tonight, Jealousy, Indefinite leave to remain and of course It couldn't happen here. I feel very privileged that I had the opportunity to experience this special show.
Wow I was moved reading that! So glad you had such a powerful, emotional, meaningful time! 8)

PETHEAD72

#499 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Who had any of the crap VIP food?,i thought it was extremely poor,no fruit juice or soft drinks at all.it was either booze or water.absolute crap 'VIP'!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

rashomon

#500 Post by rashomon »

Yip.. Totally agree.

No veggie options either! Frankly ridiculous.

Anyway they did rustle something up two teeny dishes and brought us soft drinks but it was a bit awkward for us and the lady who helped us out.

Seriously... it is 2017.
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

PETHEAD72

#501 Post by PETHEAD72 »

rashomon wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2017, 6:10 pm Yip.. Totally agree.

No veggie options either! Frankly ridiculous.

Anyway they did rustle something up two teeny dishes and brought us soft drinks but it was a bit awkward for us and the lady who helped us out.

Seriously... it is 2017.
Really rashomon?,i asked several times for fruit juice/soft drinks and all i got was a sorry we have none.quite pathetic

rashomon

#502 Post by rashomon »

Yeah...we were blessed with a coke and an apple juice... heady times indeed!

Perhaps the double whammy of being both teetotal and vegetarian may have got the sympathy going. Sorry you didn't get anything.

I did query why there were no soft drinks and the lady I spoke with said something about this being a "lower tier" of VIP package. Soft drinks available for those that pay even more.
I was a bit shocked and dumbfounded to be honest. She suggested that I give them feedback after the event

What the heck do those that drive in do? One alcoholic drink and they are done?
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

PETHEAD72

#503 Post by PETHEAD72 »

rashomon wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2017, 6:52 pm Yeah...we were blessed with a coke and an apple juice... heady times indeed!

Perhaps the double whammy of being both teetotal and vegetarian may have got the sympathy going. Sorry you didn't get anything.

I did query why there were no soft drinks and the lady I spoke with said something about this being a "lower tier" of VIP package. Soft drinks available for those that pay even more.
I was a bit shocked and dumbfounded to be honest. She suggested that I give them feedback after the event Image

What the heck do those that drive in do? One alcoholic drink and they are done?
Lower tier at £200??!!,i didn't want vip tickets but that was all that was available when they first went on sale.

Rest assured i will be giving feedback!

One of the crowd

#504 Post by One of the crowd »

madsnielsen wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:57 pm What an amazing concert. Like many others I was moved to tears several times during the show. I arrived back home in Denmark a few hours ago and when I listen to some of the recordings made by other Petheads around the auditorium my eyes burst in tears of joy all over again. After 25 years of being a fan this was the concert I waited years to attend. A dream come true to finally hear It couldn't happen here live with a full orchestra. Highlights for me was Tonight is forever, This must be the place I waited years to leave, The survivors, Breathing space, Later tonight, Jealousy, Indefinite leave to remain and of course It couldn't happen here. I feel very privileged that I had the opportunity to experience this special show.
There was a chap sitting next to me whom got very emotional during It Couldn't Happen Here.
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

Mugge

#505 Post by Mugge »

The whole concert can actually be found on youtube...

MikeyC

#506 Post by MikeyC »

Mugge wrote: Wed 05 Apr 2017, 8:53 pm The whole concert can actually be found on youtube...
The best quality clips were actually taken down earlier today.

fasto

#507 Post by fasto »

Yeah, shame, I hope they get re-upped.
I *knew* I should have downloaded those the minute I saw them. Didn't expect them to disappear after only one day.

Den

#508 Post by Den »

chrissyboy wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:41 pm
stussyboy wrote: Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:53 pm I loved hearing the rarer stuff. For all of us, The Survivors, Indefinite leave to remain, Later tonight were all amazing.

But for me the highlight was He dreamed of machines, I just love hearing Neil talking over their music. Juliet Stevenson was great, but Neil is perfect. They HAVE to release A man from the future soon...
I do wonder if A Man From the Future will ever see the light of day... A great shame if it does not.
Neil said they will continue to work on it in 2018.

markreed

#510 Post by markreed »

Looks like the whole show is here. Grab it while you can. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CopKDEwvKjg

Ah, they're both the same recording! Good it's here.