Took ROH tour had sneak preview of set!

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Sandy Shaw

Took ROH tour had sneak preview of set!

#1 Post by Sandy Shaw »

I took the 10.30 tour this morning. The tour guide took us into the auditorium. They were playing Go West; the Boys were not on stage, but I could have sworn that Neil walked on and waved at one point, unless I was hallucinating due to the hot summer. Very exciting. On leaving the auditorium the tour guide said "That was Go West by Rossini".
Last edited by Sandy Shaw on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What's for supper?

RMC

Re: Took ROH tour had sneak preview of set!

#2 Post by RMC »

Come on then stop teasing. Details.

RMC

#3 Post by RMC »

Please delete.

Sandy Shaw

#4 Post by Sandy Shaw »

RMC wrote:Come on then stop teasing. Details.
The light show is stunning. Go West was a new version I think. There were two white curved objects on the stage and beautiful lighting behind with a bright circle. It's going to be LOUD!
What's for supper?

Sandy Shaw

#5 Post by Sandy Shaw »

I also took the 2.30pm tour. We got to see the props workshop, in the morning we visited the costume department. It was great fun looking through the viewing window to backstage. We had a preview of lots of dancers in huge inflatable costumes doing some practice. One of them fell over and had to be helped up by her colleagues. We could hear run throughs of Vocal, Sodom and It's a sin. Neil walked on, stage right as well. It was weird seeing that from backstage.
Last edited by Sandy Shaw on Tue 19 Jul 2016, 4:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
What's for supper?

Straight_Talker

#6 Post by Straight_Talker »

Oh, God. I'm soooo excited, a little bit of wee nearly came out!!!!
More strobes and BANGING, please!

Sandy Shaw

#7 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Straight_Talker wrote:Oh, God. I'm soooo excited, a little bit of wee nearly came out!!!!
Haha! The shows will be faab! When are you going?
What's for supper?

Pod

#8 Post by Pod »

Sandy Shaw wrote:I also took the 2.30pm tour. We got to see the props workshop, in the morning we visited the costume department. It was great fun looking through the viewing window to backstage. We had a preview of lots of dancers in huge inflatable costumes doing some practice. One of them fell over and had to be helped up by her colleagues. We could hear run throughs of Vocal, Sodom and It's a sin. Neil walked on, stage right as well. It was weird seeing that from backstage.
It's building up nicely!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Straight_Talker

#9 Post by Straight_Talker »

Sandy Shaw wrote:
Straight_Talker wrote:Oh, God. I'm soooo excited, a little bit of wee nearly came out!!!!
Haha! The shows will be faab! When are you going?
Friday night..! :dance:
More strobes and BANGING, please!

jules

#10 Post by jules »

I don't want to see inflatable sumo fights.

NikacP0kac

#11 Post by NikacP0kac »

Oh God, PLEASE let this have an official recording, at least for radio if not as a live album.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

bohemians.

#12 Post by bohemians. »

Sandy Shaw wrote:I took the 10.30 tour this morning. The tour guide took us into the auditorium. They were playing Go West; the Boys were not on stage, but I could have sworn that Neil walked on and waved at one point, unless I was hallucinating due to the hot summer. Very exciting. On leaving the auditorium the tour guide said "That was Go West by Rossini".
Its amazing you managed to take I.S. Tour..Do you need some special membership at ROH to do so? Its quite mad to imagine some people can just walk in..and see sweet Neil..that curved white pieces you ment females?

Remark

#13 Post by Remark »

Sandy Shaw wrote:We could hear run throughs of Vocal, Sodom and It's a sin. Neil walked on, stage right as well. It was weird seeing that from backstage.
Can't wait, this is going to be epic. Love that Sodom made the cut. :dance:

jasonjohn

#14 Post by jasonjohn »

Sandy Shaw wrote:On leaving the auditorium the tour guide said "That was Go West by Rossini".
Is the original track based on a classical piece of music in any way?

Trixiemix

#15 Post by Trixiemix »

Looks like you had the best deal with the tours.....I took the one at 12.30 and there was hardly anyone under 65 years (except me a rwo others). One of the delicate ladies passed out in the heat and first aid had to be called. When all this was going on I could hear the rehearsal in full swing in the background. We couldn't get into the auditorium for various reasons.......but I shall be making up for this tomorrow......and the next day....and.....
Back to Trafalgar.........