10 years of Fundamental - Trevor Horn answers questions from forum members

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
One of the crowd

Re: 10 years of Fundamental - Trevor Horn answers questions from forum members

#46 Post by One of the crowd » Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:27 pm

Undertaker wrote:Great stuff Dog. Thankyou. Trevor Horn could be the third or fourth Pet Shop Boy. He seems to know what their signature sound should be more than Neil and Chris themselves.

Anyone know how his chils is that gor injured with a gun shot?
It was his wife, Jill that was accidently shot by their son.

She sadly passed away from cancer a couple of years back.
Fishing

Undertaker

#48 Post by Undertaker » Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:57 pm

One of the crowd wrote:
Undertaker wrote:Great stuff Dog. Thankyou. Trevor Horn could be the third or fourth Pet Shop Boy. He seems to know what their signature sound should be more than Neil and Chris themselves.

Anyone know how his child is that got injured with a gun shot?
It was his wife, Jill that was accidently shot by their son.

She sadly passed away from cancer a couple of years back.
Cheers. Id no idea his wife had passed on.

Gary1962

#49 Post by Gary1962 » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:58 pm

What an interesting read, well done to all concerned.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

Gary1962

#50 Post by Gary1962 » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 4:58 pm

What an interesting read, well done to all concerned.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

nickname

#51 Post by nickname » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 7:52 pm

I didn't know Zog hated me so much to delete my question and put all the questions from the other members from the Community.

:(

Dog

#52 Post by Dog » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

nickname wrote:I didn't know Zog hated me so much to delete my question and put all the questions from the other members from the Community.

I think you mean me, rather than Zog. Sorry if you are disappointed but there were plenty of questions which didn't get answered - it is by no means personal.
Woof.

Dog

#53 Post by Dog » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

nickname wrote:I didn't know Zog hated me so much to delete my question and put all the questions from the other members from the Community.

I think you mean me, rather than Zog. Sorry if you are disappointed but there were plenty of questions which didn't get answered - it is by no means personal.
Woof.

nickname

#54 Post by nickname » Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:43 pm

Dog wrote:

Sorry, I made a mistake with the nickname. Anyway, I'd like to know if questions choice came from TH or it came from you. At least, I'd like an explanation to know what was the motivation to choose one question or another.

My question included an interesting petition and I was really interested to read TH question about it. A bit frustated because of that :(

You know, I became a fan with "Left to my own devices".

Anyway, not harm done.

Vince

#55 Post by Vince » Wed 13 Jul 2016, 7:20 am

Brilliant! Thanks!
H.A.P.P.I.N.E.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.
S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.

My Poems:
http://wordsunchained.blogspot.com/

Drem

#56 Post by Drem » Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:35 am

Thank you very much, Dog! A great deal of useful and interesting information here. I was pleased to find out that there will be new The Buggles release(s) next year (new remasters of classic dilogy with previously unreleased tracks, I assume) and wasn't that pleased to read about the end of The Art of Noise. Strangely, no one asked Trevor about The Producers aka Trevor Horn Band project...

Next please on "Behaviour" folks.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

Leeds City Boy

#57 Post by Leeds City Boy » Mon 22 May 2017, 8:05 pm

11 years today since the release, such a great album, Integral and Twentieth Century the stand outs and of course the excellent Fugitive stuck away on Disc 2!

daveid

#58 Post by daveid » Tue 23 May 2017, 11:14 am

Dog wrote:
Tue 12 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

You pronounce Dog as Zog if you come from Merseyside, or Maiirzzeezzize.

Drico One

#59 Post by Drico One » Sat 23 Feb 2019, 9:22 pm

glennjridge wrote:
Fri 08 Jul 2016, 4:33 am
maybe as a superfan of the PSB I'm imprinting on trevor but I find it a bit irritating how out of the loop he appears to be with their music. its almost as if he knows what he knows only if he's involved otherwise he cant be bothered. I mean, isnt he the least bit curious what they've been up to this band he spend months with on fundamental...not even a listen to the newer stuff? anyways I just found that a bit surprising.
He was on BBC 6 Music last week reviewing new singles and gave me the same impression when commenting on On social media. I suppose we fans think all of these producers should be attentive and curious about what out heroes do, but clearly that's not the case. I couldn't help feeling he would be a poor choice to produce something new now, though.

One thing I will say about Stuart Price is that his absolute love for Disco back in his youth really shines through in his Pet Shop Boys productions. He really has a true fan's sense of Pet Shop Boys and I think that makes him a huge asset to them at this point in their career. He has his faults, but a comparison of the Vocal demo to the finished version shows you his genius. That is a producer who knows his subject.

A final point about Price: as much as I love Agenda, production-wise it sounded quite monochrome after the blazing technicolour of Electric and Super.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

joe stalin

#60 Post by joe stalin » Sat 23 Feb 2019, 10:39 pm

Tend to agree with your comments Drico. Listened to the first 15 mins of the show and wondered if Trevor was on the wind up re his links to the boys. Personally I wasn’t sure why on social media was chosen as the lead track on the show, as even though I’m not a big fan of GSaC of the four tracks it feels the most dissonant and thus worthy of critique. I’d prefer TFC above OSM.

Reading again chris’s Excellent interview with Trevor, it does beg the question if Trevor was playing it down to avoid charges of being biased or whether genuinely his memory had faded somewhat.

I remember a long while back when on a similar round table BBC show, they were reviewing Paninaro 1995. They played Girls and Boys instead and got into a tissy whether the boys or the girls should be starting. Guess any airplay these days on the BBC is good for the PSB though. Beggars can’t be choosers.