Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
Native
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 9:51 am
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#31 Post by Native » Fri 26 Aug 2016, 12:52 pm

Also just received the Cicero and Dusty reissues. Also managed to get a signed Cicero one!
Both are really nice packages.

User avatar
tottenhammattspurs
Posts: 3290
Joined: Sat 04 Nov 2006, 6:17 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#32 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Fri 26 Aug 2016, 2:24 pm

Got the Cicero one signed. Dusty's wasn't though. ;-)
is is and isnt isnt

User avatar
jyllinge
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 1:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#33 Post by jyllinge » Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:25 pm

Brilliant to recieve a signed copy - really happy now :-)

User avatar
raggatwin
Posts: 3831
Joined: Thu 18 Dec 2003, 5:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#34 Post by raggatwin » Fri 26 Aug 2016, 4:32 pm

Who programmed the synths on Reputation? Just listening to it now but don't have the sleeve. ..probably their funkiest music imo...The basslines have a real swagger to them. ..was it c j mackintosh?
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.


User avatar
Native
Posts: 1153
Joined: Fri 31 Oct 2003, 9:51 am
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#36 Post by Native » Fri 26 Aug 2016, 5:26 pm

raggatwin wrote:Who programmed the synths on Reputation? Just listening to it now but don't have the sleeve. ..probably their funkiest music imo...The basslines have a real swagger to them. ..was it c j mackintosh?
Gary Maughan did 'In Private' and 'Nothing Has Been Proved'.
Dominic Clarke the other three tracks.

User avatar
Marie loves PSB
Posts: 1366
Joined: Sun 27 May 2007, 10:56 am
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#37 Post by Marie loves PSB » Sat 27 Aug 2016, 9:08 am

Morning, I received both my CDs yesterday. I am very pleased as I received a signed Cicero one :D I am not usually that lucky!

User avatar
matt74uk
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:11 am
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#38 Post by matt74uk » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 3:07 pm

What's the quality of the CD like? Is it recorded louder like a modern album or is it just the original mastered tracks from the album and CD Singles bundled together?

ssss1
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat 28 Mar 2009, 12:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#39 Post by ssss1 » Sun 28 Aug 2016, 6:49 pm

Got both Dusty and Cicero on Friday and Cicero is signed on front of booklet.
Shame the lyrics for the whole album/b-sides aren't included (just the singles)

User avatar
Gary1962
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#40 Post by Gary1962 » Fri 02 Sep 2016, 2:59 pm

matt74uk wrote:What's the quality of the CD like? Is it recorded louder like a modern album or is it just the original mastered tracks from the album and CD Singles bundled together?
Not got the Dusty CD but have the Cicero 2CD that has just come out. It definitely hasn't received a modern day remaster as the volume is very low compared to say tracks on "Super". Looking at the waveform I would say if it has been remastered it was done 10 years ago, definitely not a new remaster.
If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to fear
If you've something to hide, you shouldn't even be here!

User avatar
drunk
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri 25 Mar 2016, 7:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#41 Post by drunk » Fri 02 Sep 2016, 4:32 pm

Gary1962 wrote:
matt74uk wrote:What's the quality of the CD like? Is it recorded louder like a modern album or is it just the original mastered tracks from the album and CD Singles bundled together?
Not got the Dusty CD but have the Cicero 2CD that has just come out. It definitely hasn't received a modern day remaster as the volume is very low compared to say tracks on "Super". Looking at the waveform I would say if it has been remastered it was done 10 years ago, definitely not a new remaster.
What they've done according to Cherry Red is level out the volume of all the tracks so the album & singles are all similar, same is the case with Reputation, pretty shoddy if you as me :x
Endless thoughts & questions keep me awake

User avatar
andmaste
Posts: 1911
Joined: Wed 19 Nov 2003, 9:02 am
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#42 Post by andmaste » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 8:47 pm

I'm glad for the reissues, but in the Cicero 2xCD they could include ALL the lyrics, and make an effort for the videos.
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it

User avatar
Danger
Posts: 1734
Joined: Thu 10 Aug 2006, 5:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#43 Post by Danger » Sat 03 Sep 2016, 10:27 pm

andmaste wrote:e Cicero 2xCD they could include ALL the lyrics, and make an effort for the videos.
Agree :clap: , anyway nice to have the Cicero's booklet signed and all the singles, remixes & bsdies on the same album.
Image
Image

User avatar
boyjohn
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed 18 Jan 2006, 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#44 Post by boyjohn » Sun 04 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

He must have signed them all, got mine from Amazon US and it's signed. Very nice touch.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

User avatar
Pod
Posts: 2211
Joined: Wed 27 May 2015, 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Cicero - Future Boy Reissue

#45 Post by Pod » Mon 05 Sep 2016, 12:09 am

boyjohn wrote:He must have signed them all, got mine from Amazon US and it's signed. Very nice touch.
Has it been signed on the front? All the booklets have the printed signature on the back.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jagdmirage, Pertan, tottenhammattspurs and 18 guests