remix consultant

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Flaffer

remix consultant

#1 Post by Flaffer »

Just noticed that on Ralph Moore's twitter account he's listed as remix consultant for PSB. Wonder why they feel the need to have one? Always thought they pretty much chose mixers based on their own knowledge, or as they once said also recommendations from Pete Gleadall and Tom Stephan.
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

psbfannyc

Re: remix consultant

#2 Post by psbfannyc »

That's very interesting. For those that don't have the time to go up and look, here it is:

https://twitter.com/RalphusMoorus

"Ralph Moore
@RalphusMoorus
Director of @ralphmooremedia, Editor At Large at @Mixmag, working with @MichelCleis & @SannaLaFleur and @AFEMORG. Proud remix consultant for @PetShopBoys #super"

Anyway, Neil and Chris are smart to hire experts to help them at this point. Also, to save time and money, I'm sure having Ralph make recommendations (and probably introduce artists to PSB) speeds up the process.
Flaffer wrote:Just noticed that on Ralph Moore's twitter account he's listed as remix consultant for PSB. Wonder why they feel the need to have one? Always thought they pretty much chose mixers based on their own knowledge, or as they once said also recommendations from Pete Gleadall and Tom Stephan.

Zog

#3 Post by Zog »

psbfannyc wrote:That's very interesting. For those that don't have the time to go up and look, here it is:

https://twitter.com/RalphusMoorus

"Ralph Moore
@RalphusMoorus
Director of @ralphmooremedia, Editor At Large at @Mixmag, working with @MichelCleis & @SannaLaFleur and @AFEMORG. Proud remix consultant for @PetShopBoys #super"

Anyway, Neil and Chris are smart to hire experts to help them at this point. Also, to save time and money, I'm sure having Ralph make recommendations (and probably introduce artists to PSB) speeds up the process.
Flaffer wrote:Just noticed that on Ralph Moore's twitter account he's listed as remix consultant for PSB. Wonder why they feel the need to have one? Always thought they pretty much chose mixers based on their own knowledge, or as they once said also recommendations from Pete Gleadall and Tom Stephan.
This all makes sense in light of the many more remixes that are coming out, since leaving Parlophone. There's clearly some kind of different contract/monetary/rights arrangements that have been made, that ensure a far greater number of extra remixes that are leaking out that seem to be pro-made,and with the original tracks. But more on a kind of on-spec pay arrangement. The consultant may well choose the additional 10-15 DJs, mixers. A win-win situation.

Just guessing though.

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

Remark

#4 Post by Remark »

And it looks like this guy knows what's up. He's followed by many of my "in-the-know" dance scene DJs/friends and impressively has worked with or managed relevant, current remixers and producers. All in all, excellent news.

ZiggyPSB

#5 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Thats like the ordinary joe getting a financial adviser. Wàste of money.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Tom Angel

#6 Post by Tom Angel »

At least we now know who to blame.
He could have just said PSB remix please and be done with it.
He certainly justified his job with the million unlistenable Vocal remixes
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Parkol

#7 Post by Parkol »

Remix consultant?
Ask Trouser Enthusiasts and people will buy your remixes.

raggatwin

#8 Post by raggatwin »

They don't go clubbing anymore do they? Might explain it....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Old Soak

#9 Post by Old Soak »

I just wish they'd look at the back catalogue and reuse remixers where it clearly worked And added something to a track rather than whoever is on an ego trip and popular for five minutes now and likely to chop the track into a complete pointless mess...
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

Luke Colorado

#10 Post by Luke Colorado »

I can't imagine he consulted them to release 20S with so many better tracks on the album.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

TallThinMan

#11 Post by TallThinMan »

Old Soak wrote:I just wish they'd look at the back catalogue and reuse remixers where it clearly worked And added something to a track rather than whoever is on an ego trip and popular for five minutes now and likely to chop the track into a complete pointless mess...
Unfortunately it’s not about the sort of remix that many of us like to listen to though. It’s about maintaining their profile in contemporary dance music culture. I did think the most interesting part of the recent Noisey interview was when Neil admitted that as a man in his sixties he no longer goes clubbing. Not that I thought he did, but I think that’s the first time I’ve seen a public admission.

raggatwin

#12 Post by raggatwin »

Gawd, he's in Dalston.....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

df118junkie

#13 Post by df118junkie »

Following through to his site...

"Moore Media is proud to be working as remix consultant for the new Pet Shop Boys album 'Super' which drops on April 1st via Kobalt. Produced by Stuart Price, there will be three singles from the album and all will be available on physical formats with exclusive tracks and remixes."

Luke Colorado

#14 Post by Luke Colorado »

The "Twenty Something" music video just dropped... :roll:

I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

andmaste

#15 Post by andmaste »

Parkol wrote:Remix consultant?
Ask Trouser Enthusiasts and people will buy your remixes.
My favourite remixes ever
Andrea
Pet Shop Boys: Covers & Quotations
www.psbcq.it