Super vinyl + digital download

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
daveid

Super vinyl + digital download

#1 Post by daveid » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:27 am

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know whether customers (like myself) who have purchased the album from the official store get a digital download as per Amazon and other tax dodging bastards?
Thanks

DJ Pat

Re: Super vinyl + digital download

#2 Post by DJ Pat » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 12:51 am

To play the vinyl

''You'd have to go to a DJ store and buy a technics deck to play it on''

*_*
Live synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.
https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

daveid

#3 Post by daveid » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 1:10 am

DJ Pat wrote:To play the vinyl

''You'd have to go to a DJ store and buy a technics deck to play it on''

*_*
I'll start again. Does he or she who hath purchatheth the album on vinyl also getteth a free mp3 download at the moment of releath? A la Amazon auto rip. Or is there a download code upon a slip of paper inserteth in the vinyl sleeve?

DJ Pat

#4 Post by DJ Pat » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 2:52 am

^I was only quoted what Neil said on the GRaham Norton show last week when asked ''what do you play it on?''

I assumed it was normal to get the mp3 download too? Not everyone has a vinyl ripping program
Live synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.
https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

TheGardner

#5 Post by TheGardner » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 7:33 am

didn't have seen any announcements about getting the mp3s for free by buying the vinyl! So maybe not in the first weeks after release! But if it's still common to do such things on other artists records, then it will happen with PSB vinyls also!
PSB news on WhatsApp?
Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.

daveid

#6 Post by daveid » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 8:51 am

DJ Pat wrote:^I was only quoted what Neil said on the GRaham Norton show last week when asked ''what do you play it on?''

I assumed it was normal to get the mp3 download too? Not everyone has a vinyl ripping program
I know, don't worry. I was a bit tipsy when I wrote that post :)

Tom Angel

#7 Post by Tom Angel » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 9:20 am

I also hate Amazon, but it's not to do with them - the download codes are generally included with vinyl, apart from some of the majors.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

daveid

#8 Post by daveid » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 11:49 am

Thanks everyone. Hope it arrives tomorrow. ..

NikacP0kac

#9 Post by NikacP0kac » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 2:46 pm

Don't know where to post this...

Anyone had their order from the official site dispatched yet? The Pop Kids arrived only on Tuesday for me, even though it was dispatched on March 17 (which is an incredible 12 days, although it states 4-7 working days in Europe)! That's 9 working days, but the delay was probably due to the Easter holidays etc.

So, if the CD dispatches tomorrow there's pratically no way I'll get it by next Friday when I go home for the weekend. Damn!
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Odd

#10 Post by Odd » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:04 pm

I received my pre-ordered Super CD today! It looks really nice.

Tenlow

#11 Post by Tenlow » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:07 pm

TheGardner wrote:didn't have seen any announcements about getting the mp3s for free by buying the vinyl! So maybe not in the first weeks after release! But if it's still common to do such things on other artists records, then it will happen with PSB vinyls also!
If you buy the vinyl on amazon (Germany that is) you get the mp3 files as well.
http://www.facebook.com/MisterFDF

"The problem is PSB haven't released an impressive single since "Go West"." (nickname)

NikacP0kac

#12 Post by NikacP0kac » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:24 pm

Odd wrote:I received my pre-ordered Super CD today! It looks really nice.
Official store? Amazon?

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Odd

#13 Post by Odd » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:37 pm

NikacP0kac wrote:
Official store? Amazon?
Neither, I ordered it from a store here in Norway.

Jamesqdot

#14 Post by Jamesqdot » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm

NikacP0kac wrote:Anyone had their order from the official site dispatched yet? The Pop Kids arrived only on Tuesday for me, even though it was dispatched on March 17 (which is an incredible 12 days, although it states 4-7 working days in Europe)! That's 9 working days, but the delay was probably due to the Easter holidays etc.
I have no idea what's happening with my OS pre-order. As I'm sure any number of the forum members did, I pre-ordered The Pop Kids and Super at the same time and elected to have them dispatch individually as they became available. I got a dispatch notification for The Pop Kids that arrived in timely fashion.

As yet, I've not received a dispatch notification for Super, and my Order Status says "Pending". According to the OS help page, that status means that they are "awaiting stock from our supplier." If that's genuinely the case, it's a bit worry/disappointing as I was hoping the OS would ensure orders arrived (in the UK at least) on or by release day.

Now, I don't know if that status is right or not, or whether it's just because of a system glitch for orders like mine with multiple items/separate dispatch dates.

NikacP0kac

#15 Post by NikacP0kac » Thu 31 Mar 2016, 5:34 pm

Odd wrote:
NikacP0kac wrote:
Official store? Amazon?
Neither, I ordered it from a store here in Norway.
Yeah, well, I was asking specifically for the OS situation, I know I would've already got it almost if I ordered from another store. But hey, at least gave more money to Neil and Chris. :)