Super Press Reviews

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Effen Vida

Re: Super Press Reviews

#46 Post by Effen Vida »

King1968 wrote:Predicted text strikes again, Just to confirm my friend is a she,She also likes Undertow and said in general Super is a uplifting album.
Great to hear. And I was only being daft :)

King1968

#47 Post by King1968 »

Yeah I know ,my phone drives me mad when trying to message,I'm really looking forward to Super,my friend is usually very reliable and is also a PSB fan.

boyjohn

#48 Post by boyjohn »

“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

drunk14

#49 Post by drunk14 »

http://themusic.com.au/music/albumrevie ... cnaughton/

Shitty reviews usually look exactly like that. Some people think they're able to sum up everything in 500 words.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

romy

#50 Post by romy »

Tenlow

#51 Post by Tenlow »

drunk14 wrote:http://themusic.com.au/music/albumrevie ... cnaughton/

Shitty reviews usually look exactly like that. Some people think they're able to sum up everything in 500 words.

Or in this case in 99 words :D
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Zog

#52 Post by Zog »

What a pile if utter bullshit:

"We get it — the Boys still know how to party, but Super leaves one craving substance. Perhaps Superficial would have been a more appropriate title"

As opposed to all of the rest of the deep meaningful garbage that plagues the rest of the pop and in indie scene (or most of it). What an infuriating review. Ha-ha, I get it... it's not cool enough for you because you know who it is. Betcha if it was a different indie artist doing the same thing they would be all over it.

And "we get it" is ageism at its most hipster-obscene: we get it: two old guys trying to sound cool. F*** 'em (sorry for the obscenity, but they deserve it.

-Zog
New Stuff
*** “Back-Track” - Retro Funk Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... k-mix-2018
*** “Cydonia” - Techno Mix (MAS 2018)
https://soundcloud.com/martin-ashwoodsm ... x-mas-2018

netvor87

#53 Post by netvor87 »

drunk14 wrote:http://themusic.com.au/music/albumrevie ... cnaughton/

That's a review? And 500 words? I think he barely surpassed 50.

The problem with 'reviewers' like that is that they're generally terrible writers with nothing to say. Listen to it once or twice as background noise whilst doing something trivial. Read other peoples' reviews for ideas and then begin writing. Mention a couple of facts surrounding the album and remind the reader that the band is back yet again with another album. Be sure to describe their sound in colourful but not to specific way and remind the reader that the band has returned with more of the same. Then take this formula and re-word it for every future album that the band releases.

Drem

#54 Post by Drem »

Well, "Electic" received no less than 4 reviews from different authors on themusic.com.au. Some of them were more favourable than Mac. Let's wait for another opinion.
Thank you for the link, romy. Neil's face is over-powdered and photoshoped again. Wish I can read in Italian... one of most beautiful-sounding languages.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

KingofRome

#55 Post by KingofRome »

According to the Italian interview, "Twenty-Something" will be remixed...

Drem

#56 Post by Drem »

KingofRome wrote:According to the Italian interview, "Twenty-Something" will be remixed...
Are you from Italy, KingofRome? I made an attempt to improve Google-based translation, but with my poor English skills sure there still a lot of grammar errors and possibly even mistranslation in some phrases...
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."

KingofRome

#57 Post by KingofRome »

I am. The line in question is "Twentysomething sarà remixata" which means "Twentysomething will be remixed"

Drem

#58 Post by Drem »

KingofRome wrote:I am. The line in question is "Twentysomething sarà remixata" which means "Twentysomething will be remixed"
Thank you.

I think he meant that song will be remixed by Stuart Price for tour production and not for "Twenty-something" single as someone may think :D.
Last edited by Drem on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tenlow

#59 Post by Tenlow »

Drem wrote:
KingofRome wrote:I am. The line in question is "Twentysomething sarà remixata" which means "Twentysomething will be remixed"
Thank you.

I think he meant that song will be remixed by Stuart Price for tour production and not for "Twenti-something" single as someone may think :D.

I wouldn't count on it. Neil said on the Graham Norton radio show that Twenty-Something is too long to be a single and added that's why it needs a radio edit (if it is a single).

God I hope this won't be the second single even if I like the snippet...
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

KingofRome

#60 Post by KingofRome »

To be remixed doesn't necessarily mean to be a single. It will maybe be added on a future bundle like was "The way it used to be (Richard X remix)".