Super leaked?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
drunk14

Re: Super leaked?

#31 Post by drunk14 »

Yeah, kind of nosal, swashbuckling vocals. I like it, it's very own Neil-style.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

goughsjd

#32 Post by goughsjd »

drunk14 wrote:
NikacP0kac wrote: A good forum friend said he will probably get it from his source this week (not this forum).
I assume he will share files with you and you do the same with me. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but technically it won't be a proper leak :( ;)
Yes you have to share for it to be a leak :D
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

NikacP0kac

#33 Post by NikacP0kac »

goughsjd wrote:
    drunk14 wrote:
    NikacP0kac wrote: A good forum friend said he will probably get it from his source this week (not this forum).
    I assume he will share files with you and you do the same with me. Otherwise, I'm sorry, but technically it won't be a proper leak :( ;)
    Yes you have to share for it to be a leak :D
    Hey now! The leak is already happening, because at least a dozen members have it.
    Have a look at my taste in music:
    http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

dynamobjornen

#34 Post by dynamobjornen »

?
    "Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

minimalpsb

#35 Post by minimalpsb »

Last edited by minimalpsb on Tue 22 Mar 2016, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    13th June 2014 Birmingham LG Arena///14th July 2014 Live at Sunset Zurich
    //20th July 2016 Live in London / 2016 Cologne / 2016 Hamburg / 2017 Hannover

2021 Hamburg, Berlin :dance:

drunk14

#36 Post by drunk14 »

People, THERE IS NO LEAK. I don't understan it. All you have to do is just reading this topic from A to Z and you'll see no one's mentioned it.
    I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

dynamobjornen

#37 Post by dynamobjornen »

Edit
    "Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

JSDOUVRES

#38 Post by JSDOUVRES »

This is getting reallly boring now, please people, be patient, it is only a week and a half away and this constant rubbish about leaks is clugging up the forum. It is against the rules to be asking for tracks too so let's just wait for release day and stop the stupid speculation.

I am delighted it's not all over the net, in this day and age it is fantastic that it hasn't leaked, I too am desperate to hear the album like everybody else (and would listen to it today if I could) but let's be fair an sane about this and wait for it's official release.

TheGardner

#39 Post by TheGardner »

Okay, just some things about Watermarked discs (to bring this topic up again to a higher intellectual level):

Every artists nowadays have a few very strong tools to bring 'new albums' into the endless mass of media staff and journalists. Desasters like the 2002 - Release leak, when people in the first row of the UNI tour concert audiences already could sing with Neil along to the songs (in April when the album just was out an week, because of an way too early leak of the album at the end of January), wouldn't happen anymore, because of

Watermarked discs

Such discs are manufactured by a private company and just done for people, who work in the world of online pages / newspapers and TV channels - people PSB don't know in person. (their closest friends obviously just getting a cheap CD-R copy from Chris I guess). But back to those e x p e n s i v e 150-200 WM discs.
    Every disc is send out with a number and an name (of the person, whos registered with this very same number - for example: 39 - Alan Turing). But this isn't the end of the story.
    To prevent Alan from ripping this disc, he's informed on the back sleeve with the following lines:

*****THIS CD HAS BEEN WATERMARKED TO PREVENT UNAUTHORISED COPYING. THIS CD IS
    INTENDED TO BE LISTENED TO SOLELY BY THE AUTHORISED RECIPIENT AND NO PORTION
    OF IT'S CONTENTS MAY BE COPIED OR REPRODUCED IN ANY WAY MANNER: THIS INAUDIBLE
    WATERMARK ENABLES US TO TRACE THIS AUDIO BACK TO YOU. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE
    FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING:*****

So what does that mean exactly? - you don't have to copy that bloody plastic - clear! But there's some more, what it tells us:

...AND NO PORTION OF IT'S CONTENTS MAY BE COPIED

Means: You damned bastard don't even have to make snippets out of it!!!!
    To understand this, you have to read some critiques about watermarking tools how they've been used in the music industry.
    Such a disc don't have only one watermark sign! The watermark is payloaded in every single track! Thats not enough - the watermark is added there over the entire tracklength. So it will prevent you from doing snippets! Or with other words - if someone did snippets and put them up into the net, they would easily find out, from which reciplient disc these snippets came from! That poor guy/company got his last WM disc in his entire life. I'm sure he even would get banned from other lists of other artists as well!

And at least the best thing: Only the company, which produced those discs can read the watermarks out of the leaked snippets or tracks.
    It's because of every watermark payload is encoded with an hex key, you need to know that for decoding the payload again to read "39 - Alan Turing"! Quiet simple to understand I think:

You can't rip a WM disc, read/delete the watermark with a tool and putting up an clean mp3 rip of the entire album for all! Idiots, who think they should try it out....

Thats just the simple answer, why we don't have any people, who are stupid enough to give their privileg away by leaking the -below called- "leaked album" for us! These review writers or "heard the album" claimers are just all lucky watermark reciplients, or know a person (from the watermarked list) who trust them 100%, so they're getting a copy or even were lucky enough to hear the entire album...

thanks to gestalt, who's was teaching me about these things in the last couple of weeks
    PSB news on WhatsApp?
    Just send Hello! I Want To Join The Party.

TheGardner

#40 Post by TheGardner »

And one more thing:

You're can be fired from that 'Lucky list' also, if you rip such an watermarked album for people AFTER the regular album is released! Even if the release was months ago!
    PSB news on WhatsApp?

panda magic

#41 Post by panda magic »

Leaks tend to hurt album sales and affect chart placement (which, true, doesn't really mean very much anymore, but I suppose it is still some measure of success for whatever its worth) so I'm always relieved when a release from a favorite artist doesn't leak in advance. Because even though the fans here on this forum would probably still buy the album after obtaining it illegally, that's not usually the case with the general population . . .

drunk14

#42 Post by drunk14 »

Thank you. It was always more or less clean to me. But what about some a bit more amateurish ways of riping. I mean, you don't use any tool to do this, but you simply open some program like Audacity, play music and rip by recording sounds from your PC sound card. Is there still a hidden hex key or whatever it is? I'm just curious.

EDIT: It's sad and somehow significant that my post number 1000 was all about leaking procedure, sorry ;P

TheGardner

#43 Post by TheGardner »

Congrats for the 1000. :)

We tried it out with an old wm copy of Electric in the last weeks! The payload always is there - even if you made an 96kBit file or somethings much more bad (it can't be read by us, but we saw theres a payload and it wouldn't be gone 100%). You can download simple tools from the net already, which do their job and putting an watermark payload into a bloody video file, which you have filmed in your latest holiday.

You then can crop it down, render it up - the payload won't disappear! It's there, it's there - and of course it must be there, because this isn't a simple idea, which can be duped by us hobby astronomers. A good watermark tool have cost around 1000 UKP - thats the level, those companies work with!
    PSB news on WhatsApp?

drunk14

#44 Post by drunk14 »

Thank you for explanation. Serious issue.

Anyway, if it's not a secret, do you work at some music company? I see your current signature and it's a bit mysterious to me ;) I know you're running this great psb catalogue site, but that's all.

TheGardner

#45 Post by TheGardner »

No music company! Just an alert for possible leakers to come back to me first to get it leaked more smooth and without the entire crying of all here! But we all know, thats possibly only a wish far from reality!
    PSB news on WhatsApp?